The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

Funny, considering this thread is littered with you Benning haters acting like annoying little brats.

does wanting your team to make sensible transactions make someone an annoying little brat

Just now, brbetts542 said:

I don’t like the return but I also don’t like gaudette. His game looks to be over rated and will likely be over paid for what he actually brings.

He got 33 points in 59 Games last year playing primarily on the 3rd line. This year, he is also listed as one of the players witht he highest expected goals/60 but he has just been unlucky and the puck wasn't going in for him. I see this year as a great opportunity for the team to keep him at a lower caphit for atleast another year, but no they decided to sell low on a player. Gauds value is at absolute low, and that's when the team decides to move him. Atleast, if you were to trade him, trade him after his 33 points in 59 GP season or give him a chance to pad some stats next season before moving him.

• Thanks 1

Chicago aside, for purposes of having a guy who could be made available for the expansion draft, I thought the Canucks needed/wanted a d-man...

regards,  G.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SNuck said:

You're going off a lot of 'if's'. I think the accusation here is low of you, but I'll leave it at that. 

"ifs" no doubt.  BUt don't tell me there's some smoke there

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Are we Pittsburgh is this scenario? Otherwise, don’t really understand the comparison.

Yeah we've been getting Pittsburgh'd a lot lately.  Did I use that term correctly?

WTF ...this trade makes no sense, both are young, adam was 24, highmoore is 25, both are center, but gaudette had a 33 point season, mathew had maybe what 2 points ???/ wtf is JB diong, trading adam who was a better player for someone who barely got 2 points....they both the same position and age, makes no freaking sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Must be circumstances we don't know, trading Gauds doesn't make much sense to me - especially for a guy nobody has really heard of. Why trade a piece of our young core, It's not like we invested a super high pick on him either. I understand Gauds hasn't necessarily lived up to his college play and billing....but still. 

• Haha 1

Just now, x00x said:

WTF ...this trade makes no sense, both are young, adam was 24, highmoore is 25, both are center, but gaudette had a 33 point season, mathew had maybe what 2 points ???/ wtf is JB diong, trading adam who was a better player for someone who barely got 2 points....they both the same position and age, makes no freaking sense

Sometimes there is more to things than points on a scoresheet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, hlinkas wrister said:

This is what I think too. Gaud’s didn’t cut it as a center and not good enough for a top 6 winger.

33 points in 59 points as a 22 year old in the NHL tells me the potential is still there.  Yes, I don't think he's cut out to be a defensive center but seems to me that was never what he was drafted for (even in the 5th round) 

Who da heck is Highmore???? Does he even have top 6 potential???

I feel like this move might have something to do with him bringing Covid into the room... call me crazy all you want but imagine that the players knew something that we don't (duh!) about how he got infected... then it makes total sense for JB to trade him quick to get any sort of returns!!

I hate this trade but mostly cause I know nothing about Highmore. And I feel like 99% of you guys don’t either. Has anyone actually watched the guy or are we all looking at the stats sheet