The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Sam Bennett, 2022 6th-round pick to Panthers for Emil Heineman, 2022 2nd-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Flames trade Sam Bennett, 2022 6th-round pick to Panthers for Emil Heineman, 2022 2nd-round pick

So shouldnt all the Benning supporters twisting themselves into knots trying to justify Pearson's signing with all their supposed conparables now admit that there probably wasnt a better conparable for the Gaudette trade?

A guy who struggled to fill the role expected of him, asked for a trade, and was clearly not a fit with managements plans. Similar age, similar production, etc etc etc. Bennet was at least a decent centet I will give him that one over Gaudette.

Gaudette for a tweener. Bennett for essentially 2 second round picks.

All I would like is to see some consistency and realism from Benning supporters who justify his every move. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 4

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So shouldnt all the Benning supporters twisting themselves into knots trying to justify Pearson's signing with all their supposed conparables now admit that there probably wasnt a better conparable for the Gaudette trade?

A guy who struggled to fill the role expected of him, asked for a trade, and was clearly not a fit with managements plans. Similar age, similar production, etc etc etc. Bennet was at least a decent centet I will give him that one over Gaudette.

All I would like is to see some consistency and realism from Benning supporters who justify his every move. 

Bennett is twice the player Gaudette is.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Oh my goodness lol. You're joking right? Pllllleeeeeaaaassse tell me you're joking.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Nope not at all. Calgary did well on this trade. Extracted good value for a depreciated asset. Hats off to them. Better than selling low imo.

That's not even related to what your original post was.... you were trying to compare Sam Bennett to Adam Gaudette. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

bennet is a decent 3rd liner, im not even sure gaudette is a nhl player after this season

wow, it's so easy to be a hater, all you folk cant even spend 20 minutes on a post bringing up comparables between players like pearson and gaudette.

whenever i do, you simply disappear into the night hiding in the shadows. ready to throw shade on anything. 

look at all the trades, gaudette wasn't worth a 7th rounder this year.

look at all the 2+ year ufa signings playing 12-17 minutes. tell me pearson is overpaid

• Cheers 1