The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Erik Gudbranson to Predators for Brandon Fortunato, 2023 7th-round pick

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Gotta admit, there have been plenty of times I wished we still had him. Didn't like the contract but his toughness is still missed on this team. Good dude. 

When he turned it on, very few would tango. 

• Hydration 1
On 4/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Remember when we traded McCann, a 2nd, and a 4th for this guy? lol

If I remember correctly ... according to reports then GM Dale Tallon approached Benning first to offer Gudbransson before making him publicly available.

My personal guess is Tallon knew Benning was a sucker for overpaying for "meat and potatoe Intangibles" so he went to Benning first knowing Tallon would get a king's ransom and putting Gudbransson on the trade block would have other more sensible GM's offer much less thus lowering the trade value. 

Gudbranson   

554 regular season games played       76 points          628 pims

17 play off games                                   1 point               12 pims

$25.6 mill in earnings, so far, still just 29, so can add more to his 10 year NHL career.

versus anonymous posters dissing him on a chat forum.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, gurn said:

Gudbranson   

554 regular season games played       76 points          628 pims

17 play off games                                   1 point               12 pims

$25.6 mill in earnings, so far, still just 29, so can add more to his 10 year NHL career.

versus anonymous posters dissing him on a chat forum.

To be fair almost half of his earnings was from the contract he signed with Benning. And it's not that hard for any agent to out negotiate Benning. 

So yeah I'm happy Gudbransson is set for life from outsmarting Benning. But this is Benning were talking about :lol:

36 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

To be fair almost half of his earnings was from the contract he signed with Benning. And it's not that hard for any agent to out negotiate Benning. 

So yeah I'm happy Gudbransson is set for life from outsmarting Benning. But this is Benning were talking about :lol:

6 teams have  had Gudbranson, so you are now dissing 5 other gms.

The hole you are standing in, seems to be getting bigger.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

The last three GMs to acquire Gudbranson (Rutherford, Murray, Dorion) all got rid of him less than 12 months after acquiring him.

They all realized he was an awful hockey player. Poile will also realize and not re-sign him.

Edited by Josepho
5 minutes ago, Josepho said:

The last three GMs to acquire Gudbranson (Rutherford, Murray, Dorion) all got rid of him less than 12 months after acquiring him.

They all realized he was an awful hockey player. Poile will also realize and not re-sign him.

So all 3 of those GM's made a mistake with aquiring Gudbranson.? Learned absolutley nothing from his time here inVancouver. Seems their scouts must be idoits, huh?

Yet people diss JB for being a bad gm?

Talk about trying to make a narrative fit the facts.:picard:

Just now, gurn said:

So all 3 of those GM's made a mistake with aquiring Gudbranson.? Learned absolutley nothing from his time here inVancouver. Seems their scouts must be idoits, huh?

Yet people diss JB for being a bad gm?

Talk about trying to make a narrative fit the facts.:picard:

All three of those GMs did make a mistake, yes. Many NHL GMs are dumb -- Dorion in particular is horrendous.

But if you can't understand the difference between giving McCann and a 2nd for a player and trading 5th/7th round picks for a player, I don't know what to say. It's pretty obvious that Benning whiffed harder than anyone else on Gudbranson.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, Josepho said:

All three of those GMs did make a mistake, yes. Many NHL GMs are dumb -- Dorion in particular is horrendous.

But if you can't understand the difference between giving McCann and a 2nd for a player and trading 5th/7th round picks for a player, I don't know what to say. It's pretty obvious that Benning whiffed harder than anyone else on Gudbranson.

Keeping digging.Move those goal posts, lets start talkingabout who got traded for who; now that the main point is lost on the JB is an idiot side.

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

Did any of those GM's also give up a high 2nd a 1st round prospect? 

They took in money they had space for but at least, for them, it wasn't a swing and a miss.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Keeping digging.Move those goal posts, lets start talkingabout who got traded for who; now that the main point is lost on the JB is an idiot side.

I'd say the fact that Benning traded easily the most for a player who other teams/GMs consider to be worth late round draft picks makes him an idiot, yes. 

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Speaking of digging holes, I don’t think you’re getting your intended point across... 

Benning gave up McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for him, by far the most out of any GM. He then signed him to the deal of his career, a deal that has been passed on at diminishing value five times now. But hey, Fortunato had a decent season last year with the mighty Florida Everblades of the ECHL, right? Lol. Or maybe that 7th round pick turns into the next Lidstrom, no? lmao. 

There’s a reason even his most ardent supporters are quiet now. Take the L and move on. 

Edited by guntrix
  • Like 1