The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jordie Benn to Jets for 2021 6th-round pick

I guess they couldn’t have gotten this value in January or whatever... 

Why now? 

Had OJ, etc. in a taxi during a developmental year to ice a deep, competitive D corps.

Same with AG.

I get the deals, I’m just wondering if they couldn’t have been made before.  I guess the playoffs are finally not JBs focus for once, well since dumping Burrows, etc. 

JB doesn’t ever make it easy on himself, does he; there’s always a reason to seriously question his management.  

Good luck to a fellow BC boy who was a great character player for us for what he was brought in to do.  I suspect he will fill in nicely in WPG, and I hope he continues to prove he belongs in the league so he can get another contact. 

Jesus Christ Benning traded an upcoming free agent for a draft pick?  I like it!  Though wish he did this 7 years ago when this team should have been rebuilding and actually had players of value to trade. 

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would have thought the "trade for anything / don't let UFAs walk" crowd would be pleased. 

I'm pleased that he's out of OJ's way and we have a pick to use. 

Likewise.  Just hoping green actually uses OJ now.

This is the exact deal I expected NOT to happen given Benning's comments. If you prioritize a 6th over "doing right by the players," then why even say that in the first place?

Communication makes a sub par GM a horrible GM. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

This is the exact deal I expected NOT to happen given Benning's comments. If you prioritize a 6th over "doing right by the players," then why even say that in the first place?

Communication makes a sub par GM a horrible GM. 

I mean maybe Benn didn’t actually get COVID and was just in protocol.

I took that more as not trading players and their families who are currently battling COVID. Sounds like Sutter is one of those players.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

People are sleeping on Matthew Highmore. He's basically Motte with a Burrows like ascent to the NHL.

Yes, but do we need him? ;) 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean maybe Benn didn’t actually get COVID and was just in protocol.

I took that more as not trading players and their families who are currently battling COVID. Sounds like Sutter is one of those players.

Gaudette?

Nothing makes sense unfortunately.