The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jordie Benn to Jets for 2021 6th-round pick

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hutton is worth more than Benn to a playoff team...this GM has lost all my faith in him

5th round pick is end of the 5th round?? Toronto is higher in standings then Chicago ?  They wanted  5th? 

You would of been complaining if Benn never got moved??? What maybe talking 153 rd  to 163 rd?  Really?  lol  lol

I am okay with pick...

• Vintage 1
2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And a UFA we needed to move out to force our coaching staff to make the right decision and play OJ.  This is the equivalent of taking Megna away from WD.

Lol. Like in Moneyball. "You cant start Pena at first. You can't start Pena at first because I traded him". Loved that movie. 

46 minutes ago, EliasBoeser said:

Funny everyone saying this is to make room for Juolevi.. I can’t help but think Bowie will be playing over him now.

With all the lefties we have, this is very much a possiblity. But Benning did say Juolevi was gonna get more looks because of this. Not that his word means much of anything.

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bowey, not Bowie. I think even if he was alive David Bowie would have been crap at hockey.

Hoping to see OJ get some more playing time, well deserved. 

well we already have

Hoggy Horvey Hawrly

Huggy Hammy

Holey

Now we have Bowie Boesy, Bowey and awaiting Boney

looks like we need Beauzi Bennett next summer

If we are not going to field a winning team we may as well have some fun with Shorty 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Clears room for OJ and then picks up Bowie?

really?

we need Rathbone, OJ, Tram 

no a flop in Bowie 

please clean house aquaman 

Bowie was clearly picked up for the expansion draft. Long live Benning 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, lmm said:

well we already have

Hoggy Horvey Hawrly

Huggy Hammy

Holey

Now we have Bowie Boesy, Bowey and awaiting Boney

looks like we need Beauzi Bennett next summer

If we are not going to field a winning team we may as well have some fun with Shorty 

I membah wen we had Tony Stretcher 2 :(

• Huggy Bear 1
1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I like the moves today. Only problem is he didn't dump Sutter.

Kind of my only qualm as well.  

Moving on from Gaudette and Benn, making room for new blood and bringing in a couple depth guys making league minimum is the direction we need to go.  Plus we set the table for the expansion draft and add a pick.

It’s still just a, “yeah, okay” from me.  If we had sold Sutter for a 3rd or better I think it’s a solid B deadline for me. 

With all due respect to Beagle, the only reason I hang on to Sutter is if that’s part of a plan to bring him back on the cheap as a 4C next year.  

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I like the moves today. Only problem is he didn't dump Sutter.

42 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Kind of my only qualm as well.  

Moving on from Gaudette and Benn, making room for new blood and bringing in a couple depth guys making league minimum is the direction we need to go.  Plus we set the table for the expansion draft and add a pick.

It’s still just a, “yeah, okay” from me.  If we had sold Sutter for a 3rd or better I think it’s a solid B deadline for me. 

With all due respect to Beagle, the only reason I hang on to Sutter is if that’s part of a plan to bring him back on the cheap as a 4C next year. 

Reports that his pregnant wife and kids also got Covid when the team fell ill. I can totally understand not moving him under that scenario.

I also think it's highly possible we extend him given the reports Beagle won't start next year.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice that we were able to get something for a pending FA. Benn was great for us in his bottom pairing minutes. But he was not part of our long term plans. Will be exciting to see OJ and Bowey get some action

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

With all the lefties we have, this is very much a possiblity. But Benning did say Juolevi was gonna get more looks because of this. Not that his word means much of anything.

Hopefully it means "play OJ or I'll replace you with coaches who will".