The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Madison Bowey, 2021 5th-round pick to Canucks for 2021 4th-round pick

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Pick swap is basically meaningless, once you get into the success percentages on three digit numbered picks.

So, for basically the cost of a contract slot, we add a guy who can meet exposure requirements, and gain some flexibility on our protected list (don’t have to expose Myers).

And, I suppose we add a RH shot depth Dman with some “last chance” upside, as a reclamation project, on a cheap contract through next season.

But wow, Bowey’s fancy stats are really something. :sick:

you could have picked up a guy on waivers

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Quick give me two tens for a five!

Jim is out here trading a 10 for a 5, a looney and a twoney. "See, we got 3 pieces back, which gives us more depth, and two of them are metal which is better than paper."

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

bowie just extended two more yrs at 1.5 a yr mind blown  whyyy

Not sure where you're seeing that but it's definitely not true. He is signed for this season and next at 725k cap hit, which means we can't even extend his contract until next season begins.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Why didn’t we just grab him off waivers recently? lol

Because Benning wouldnt be able to give our 4th round pick. You know he has to give up picks when Canucks have strong drafting.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Convincing John said:

As a Benning supporter, what are some of the coping mechanisms you use to suppress days like today?

Every day is a beautiful day. My days and my emotions don’t revolve around hockey.

Depressive and negative people do get to me I will admit, for I do not understand how merely being alive isn’t in merit of utmost gratitude.

Getting emotional about things one cannot control is kind of a waste of time when there are so many other variables in a person’s life which are in need of attention. 

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Gaudette and a 4th for Bowie, Highmore and a 5th? That's pretty okay I suppose. Lol. Thanks hindsight for satiating my anger. Gaudette and Bowie are pretty comparable. Defensive liabilities that have some offensive upside. 4th rounder for a flier on Highmore and a 5th round pick. All in all it's decent.

• Cheers 1