The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Madison Bowey, 2021 5th-round pick to Canucks for 2021 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Adds a serviceable RH d on a cheap contract. Not sure there is any reason to hate on this deal really.

I remember when Bowey was a player everyone here was dying to get lol 

Jim made it - that is reason enough for some....

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Don't love Bowey tbh, guy has suspect Defensive capabilities.

This was about having someone to expose on defense in the expansion draft. Needed one person who met requirements.

Cheap protection, don't be surprised if we either package him in another trade or just park him in Utica for depth, after the expansion draft.

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

That's Stanley cup champion, Madison Bowey

Even if his career fizzles, he'll have always won a cup alongside Alexander Ovechkin. People can talk all the $&!# they like, but nobody can take that from him.

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Pick swap is basically meaningless, once you get into the success percentages on three digit numbered picks.

So, for basically the cost of a contract slot, we add a guy who can meet exposure requirements, and gain some flexibility on our protected list (don’t have to expose Myers).

And, I suppose we add a RH shot depth Dman with some “last chance” upside, as a reclamation project, on a cheap contract through next season.

But wow, Bowey’s fancy stats are really something. :sick:

This should be pinned, JB solved our expansion bit regarding our defense. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Will Jim have the space to sign Nikita Tryamkin now?

Will Jim be able to make space for Ovechkin? I mean.. we've got Holtby, Bowey, Beagle, Boyd, and Schmidt.. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Jim made it - that is reason enough for some....

I am not a fan of Benning at all but it pays to be somewhat realistic. Not everything he does is automatically garbage. This move isn't earth shattering but is fine especially when combined with moving Benn. Low risk move really.

• Cheers 2

Don't mind this at all. Bowey was a good prospect a few years ago, and maybe hasn't found his footing yet? I'm not sure how much playing time he actually got in WAS, DET and CHI. He may get an opportunity here next season, along with Juolevi and Rathbone.   

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Man, I'm not a fan of this 'writer/reporter".

Throws in the not subtle dig about "budget-concious"; then likely stops at Costco on his way home, cause it's cheaper than Safeway.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, brbetts542 said:

He swapped redundant picks to have flexibility. You on the other hand just showed your hand and its embarrassing 

This fanbase complains about Benning regardless of what he does.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, kanucks25 said:

The worst part about this trade is that it gives them an option to protect Myers at the expansion draft.

How is this a bad thing again to have flexibility?

Oh wait, you're obscenely biased. Never mind. I'm writing to the wrong person.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Azzy said:

So...

Gaudette, Benn and a 4th for Bowey, Highmore, a 5th and a 6th?

Feel like we downgraded at both positions then traded down from the 4th round for two later picks. Makes zero sense to me.

oops

Edited by Petey_BOI

Just now, kanucks25 said:

The worst part about this trade is that it gives them an option to protect Myers at the expansion draft.

:lol: take off the Benning hate goggles for a minute and pretend its Bergevin you like. He dealt with expansion nearly for free. Now we have options and can give Seattle even less than we gave Vegas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Why is this such a terrible idea? Myers gets a very bad rep around here for some reason. I'm not sure why. 

• Cheers 3