The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Media Availability

Rate this topic

-DLC-

37 minutes ago, apollo said:

Jim Benning :wub:

I Love You Reaction GIF

I wonder who the player was that didn't Wana waive ntc? Regardless I respect any players right to exercise their ntc, especially given covid timing... 

He acknowledged the fact that Gauds change of scenery could revamp his career... Hopefully he doesn't become too too good lol 

But overall seems confident in Highmore... After seeing some highlights I am too! 

Given current circumstances I think Jim's done well. Long live the king! 

I love your posts and the JB support. But man You make me laugh as well hahaha

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm most interested to see what our plans are for centre. Not much going on there outside of Petey and Horvat, so you'd have to think that something will have to give eventually...

Matthew Beniers? :P

Beniers would be sweet

But aren;t they using: Pettersson, Horvat, Boyd and Sutter?

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I know it's not blockbuster stuff, but I like the moves that Benning made. I also understand it has nothing to do with COVID, but Benn is an anti-masker I believe. I didn't think Benn provided enough physicality like I thought he would anyway, and it sheds a bit of cap. The extra picks are nice, even if they are lower. Could be more changes at the Draft? What I found interesting, is Benning saying this isn't a deep draft, so would he actually trade the 1st?  

Curious - where does this come from?

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Beniers would be sweet

But aren;t they using: Pettersson, Horvat, Boyd and Sutter?

I forgot about Boyd... but is this what we'd want to roll with heading into next season? I see us keeping Boyd around - and maybe Sutter. Are we developing Lind into a centre for sometime down the line? My point is that we're pretty thin there. I don't think Gaudette was much of a loss in that respect. He was a total helicopter in last season's playoffs and I thought that there was no way he had what it took to develop into a reliable bottom-6 C...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

6 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm most interested to see what our plans are for centre. Not much going on there outside of Petey and Horvat, so you'd have to think that something will have to give eventually...

Well that’s exciting to say the least but I think we can acquire a third line centre at some point. Wherever the Nucks finish I’ll be excited for the draft 

1 minute ago, Grape said:

Curious - where does this come from?

Well, first, Benn got COVID and missed the first few games of the season. Took Miller out too. Then I started noticing on televised game days, when the players would come through the doors, they all wore their masks, except for Benn. He never wore one coming through those doors. I guess it's more of an assumption.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I forgot about Boyd... but is this what we'd want to roll with heading into next season? I see us keeping Boyd around - and maybe Sutter. Are we developing Lind into a centre for sometime down the line? My point is that we're pretty thin there.

Oh that's right! I forgot Lind is also playing C. They also now have Highmore. Any chance Focht gets a opportunity next season? 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I know it's not blockbuster stuff, but I like the moves that Benning made. I also understand it has nothing to do with COVID, but Benn is an anti-masker I believe. I didn't think Benn provided enough physicality like I thought he would anyway, and it sheds a bit of cap. The extra picks are nice, even if they are lower. Could be more changes at the Draft? What I found interesting, is Benning saying this isn't a deep draft, so would he actually trade the 1st?  

And....that's bad?????

palm1.gif.da24a037c4e1e44765d41480c8a7bb43.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Miller?

Petey-Horvat-Miller-Beagle?

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh that's right! I forgot Lind is also playing C. They also now have Highmore. Any chance Focht gets a opportunity next season? 

I forgot about Focht too. :lol: For some reason he's always the prospect I forget about... but he's a beauty and I think he'll make it one day. Unfortunately, Highmore doesn't have much of a body of work playing centre even though he's listed as one. Maybe the Nucks want to develop him into a more sufficient one?

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

How does shedding a bit of cap at the trade deadline on an expiring contract, and not acquiring any other contract of any substantial value help us out at all?  I'm not trying to be a d&#k, I just don't understand the comment? 

I don't know the numbers breakdown, but perhaps saving cap this year could cover some of the bonuses owed so it doesn't carry over to next season which creates a bit of cap for next year that way?