The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthew Highmore | #15 | LW/C

-AJ-

23 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes yes but he's just not that type of player.  People see 6'5 and assume completely the wrong traits about Graovac.  He doesn't fight/throw big hits.  

Anyways, let me know how Highmore plays today vs. Calgary, I have to miss my first Canucks game since the second week of the season. :( 

Very true, because a players is big it doesn't mean they're agressive. Keenan used to tried and force and kid names McAllister to play that role, didn't work out and I understand Vcr coaches tried to get Tryamkin the role of  a Pronger and he just don't understand

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, lmm said:

any word on Highmore's injury?

timeline?

December 6: Highmore was in the fist bump lineup in the Canucks dressing room after the 4-0 win against LA. His right wrist looks to be in a cast. Also, Sutter was there, but was not looking very robust

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

December 6: Highmore was in the fist bump lineup in the Canucks dressing room after the 4-0 win against LA. His right wrist looks to be in a cast. Also, Sutter was there, but was not looking very robust

ahh that was Highmore, I saw Sutter but wasn't sure who the others were

I thought I saw hunt too

so Highmore broke his wrist?

3 hours ago, lmm said:

so Highmore broke his wrist?

Can't say for certain, but he was injured versus Philadelphia on October 28th, so it will be six weeks this Thursday. I don't think they cast for sprains, so you'd probably be correct in saying something is broken. If it is a fracture, I'm hopeful this isn't a fractured scaphoid bone; they take forever to heal.

• Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, combover said:

Hopefully just like green and Benning he’ll be gone.

He hasn’t been missed

You have a really weird obsession.  

You don't like Highmore because it was Benning that traded for him.  Doesn't matter what he does on the ice.  

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You don't like Highmore because it was Benning that traded for him.  Doesn't matter what he does on the ice.  

what does Highmore do that makes you like him?

28 minutes ago, lmm said:

The trade involved Gaudette. The question is: Does Gaudette make the team better? Are you sure? Because he did absolutely jackcrap for Chicago. In fact, he got waived.

42 minutes ago, lmm said:

Great forechecker, lots of speed, fearless, basically Motte 2.0. He had a play in one of the first two games against Edmonton where he beat McDavid in a race to the puck, so his speed is obvious. 

I'm pretty excited to see him on a line with Motte. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Great forechecker, lots of speed, fearless, basically Motte 2.0. He had a play in one of the first two games against Edmonton where he beat McDavid in a race to the puck, so his speed is obvious. 

It will be interesting to see how BB deploys him once he is back.

11 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It will be interesting to see how BB deploys him once he is back.

He may not have a guaranteed spot when he comes back.  New coach that's never seen him play.  He'll have to beat out a couple of guys to get in there. 

34 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He may not have a guaranteed spot when he comes back.  New coach that's never seen him play.  He'll have to beat out a couple of guys to get in there. 

None of the bottom 6 have a guaranteed spot IMO. BB and JR will make those determinations but I would guess they will want to at least have a look at him in a few game situations before making a decision on him as to where he does or doesn't fit in as the case may be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I feel this place should have a Bobby Lalonde trophy. Canuck fans fall in love with the little speedy guys like Lalonde, Reid, Shannon, current coach King, Karyia...

Motte, Highmore ,Dorsett while they can't stand the likes of Sestito, Kassian, Virtanen

how many Highmore/Mottes does Tampa employ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lmm said:

I feel this place should have a Bobby Lalonde trophy. Canuck fans fall in love with the little speedy guys like Lalonde, Reid, Shannon, current coach King, Karyia...

Motte, Highmore ,Dorsett while they can't stand the likes of Sestito, Kassian, Virtanen

how many Highmore/Mottes does Tampa employ?

Matthew Joseph is a dirtier version of Motte and Highmore but built in the same way.  

Hey I would've loved to pull a Lucic for Er-kson swap three years ago when Eri-son blocked the trade and Lucic ended up in Calgary. We absolutely need one forward that can drop the gloves so that we aren't relying on Schenn only to keep the other team honest. 

20 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I didn’t and still don’t think we need yet another totally ineffective small soft non physical 4th line ahl plug that gets knocked down every time a breeze goes by him. 

He’s a fringe Ahl 3rd liner on a good day. 
hopfully with JR will no longer see worthless plugs (doweling chiasson highmore ect.) getting gifted ice time over our developing youth. Or atleast find guys that can fill a role such as phyical and checking. 
Highmore is the definition of easy to play against 

• Huggy Bear 1