The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madison Bowey | D

-AJ-

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Ya, I'd like to think that too.  Problem is, he had very much the same opportunity in Washington......and Detroit.....and Chicago.......

Yeah. Was going to say the same thing. Bowey’s had lots of opportunities, but he’s just not been able to get it together. I’m not sure what changes here in Vancouver if it’s been pretty much the same in Washington, Detroit and Chicago. He’s expansion fodder, and at the very least he’s going to be defensive depth. With that being said, man, if he can get it together here in Vancouver, wouldn’t that be something eh. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Has there been any news on Bowey recently?  I have to think that there is likely some plan beyond him just being expansion requirements fodder.  In an ideal scenario it would be great to have Schenn and Bowey alternate RD 3rd pair depending on whether we need more of a rugged stay at home D vs 2 way D with a bit more offense.  Either way, I think it would be good to see if Bowey has the potential to stick in the lineup a bit more.  

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Has there been any news on Bowey recently?  I have to think that there is likely some plan beyond him just being expansion requirements fodder.  In an ideal scenario it would be great to have Schenn and Bowey alternate RD 3rd pair depending on whether we need more of a rugged stay at home D vs 2 way D with a bit more offense.  Either way, I think it would be good to see if Bowey has the potential to stick in the lineup a bit more.  

I was wondering the same thing, maybe hesthe guy who comes in to camp extra motivated trying to earn that 6/7 spot

• Like 3

I see him as a cheap extra depth dman on the roster. Perhaps slip him through waivers and get time in Abbotsford until we need him for a call up. But if he can keep his game simple and just not be a defensively liability and can play physical, he could potentially get a bottom pair spot alongside OJ/Rathbone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really believe Bowey 26, 6'2 RD will surprise fans #7 or #8

1-Hughes  2- OEL --3 Myers --4 Hamonic - 5. Poolman - 6 - Rathbone  - 7. Juolevi  - 8. Bowey  - 9 Schenn  --10 Hunt

OEL -- will play well put up his normal 40 point avg last 5 years...

Poolman - will prove fan wrong lot better then people are saying? Played top 4 role last season on Jets....

Rathbone -- Will come out strong and will be top 4 D man by Xmas....s

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wildcam said:

1-Hughes  2- OEL --3 Myers --4 Hamonic - 5. Poolman - 6 - Rathbone  - 7. Juolevi  - 8. Bowey  - 9 Schenn  --10 Hunt

Poolman - will prove fan wrong lot better then people are saying? Played top 4 role last season on Jets....

What's on your Santa Clause list

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Feel like the 8th spot is gonna be tough competition assuming Schenn is the 7th: Brady Keeper, Brad Hunt, Juolevi if Bone jumps him, Madison Bowey, Kyle Burroughs.

Realistically I see Juolevi making the team; Rathbone being first call-up cuz he's waiver exempt, Maple Ridgeian Brad Hunt being 1D in Abbotsford to draw a crowd to the team by being a local all-star, Langley boy Kyle Burroughs sent to Abby.

I think it's a tough call between Keeper and Bowey though, especially considering both played very few games last year.

6 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Feel like the 8th spot is gonna be tough competition assuming Schenn is the 7th: Brady Keeper, Brad Hunt, Juolevi if Bone jumps him, Madison Bowey, Kyle Burroughs.

Realistically I see Juolevi making the team; Rathbone being first call-up cuz he's waiver exempt, Maple Ridgeian Brad Hunt being 1D in Abbotsford to draw a crowd to the team by being a local all-star, Langley boy Kyle Burroughs sent to Abby.

I think it's a tough call between Keeper and Bowey though, especially considering both played very few games last year.

Nothing against Bowey, we need all the depth we can get and I hope he can contribute, but I'm hoping that Keeper steps it up and takes an NHL roster spot.  That would be awesome.  I'm rooting for the guy from the small town to make the big show.  Go Canucks Go!

4 hours ago, nux_win said:

Nothing against Bowey, we need all the depth we can get and I hope he can contribute, but I'm hoping that Keeper steps it up and takes an NHL roster spot.  That would be awesome.  I'm rooting for the guy from the small town to make the big show.  Go Canucks Go!

I think Keeper has a really solid chance

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, wildcam said:

Bowey likely falls past Schenn and Hunt and lands probably around Woo, Keeper and Brisebois territory. And I'd not be at all surprised to see some of them pass him as well, with another year of development.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Bowey likely falls past Schenn and Hunt and lands probably around Woo, Keeper and Brisebois territory. And I'd not be at all surprised to see some of them pass him as well, with another year of development.

Lots of physical skills, but the game just moves a little too quick fir him to process.  It could click in for him though.  I don’t think he’s a dough head like Virtanen.  

My first thoughts when we trade for Bowey was that it was a low risk high reward deal, and it was possible he could turn it around. After a few chats with my buddy who is a Red Wing, he assured me that it was highly unlikely. I'm keeping expectations low, and will be pleasantly surprised if we see him get any ice time on the Canucks with our current depth chart. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

My first thoughts when we trade for Bowey was that it was a low risk high reward deal, and it was possible he could turn it around. After a few chats with my buddy who is a Red Wing, he assured me that it was highly unlikely. I'm keeping expectations low, and will be pleasantly surprised if we see him get any ice time on the Canucks with our current depth chart. 

Did he tell you why specifically?  Would be interesting to know.