The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madison Bowey | D

-AJ-

57 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Did he tell you why specifically?  Would be interesting to know.

I actually asked that question at the time. His exact answer was " He can't play hockey". Probably very harsh, but that's what he said. I'll ask next time I see him what he's primary issues were on the ice.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I actually asked that question at the time. His exact answer was " He can't play hockey". Probably very harsh, but that's what he said. I'll ask next time I see him what he's primary issues were on the ice.

Good size, decent tool box. Hasn't figured out how to process the game at the NHL level/speed.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

Good size, decent top box. Hasn't figured out how to process the game at the NHL level/speed.

I actually just went back in our texts. He actually said in a follow up text he was a "decent enough 7 string guy but expect him to take a lot of dumb penalties" kinda lines up with what you were saying. I asked if he thought he had any more upside and my buddy just said probably not.

Just now, shayster007 said:

I actually just went back in our texts. He actually said in a follow up text he was a "decent enough 7 string guy but expect him to take a lot of dumb penalties" kinda lines up with what you were saying. I asked if he thought he had any more upside and my buddy just said probably not.

I mean never say never. Some guys take the slow, scenic route to figuring it out. But his time and chances are quickly dwindling.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I actually asked that question at the time. His exact answer was "He can't play hockey". Probably very harsh, but that's what he said. I'll ask next time I see him what he's primary issues were on the ice.

Note: this post is completely off topic and is irrelevant, and is intended for random/trivial chatter.

@shayster007's friend's comment about Bowey "can't play hockey" reminded me of Drew Doughty's trash talking Patrick Maroon (and in no way am I saying @shayster007's friend is a jackass like Doughty):

Whether Bowey can play or not in the NHL, he will, at the very least be one of the three guys currently in the Canucks organization to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup.

Trivia: who are the two other current Canucks with name on the cup?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Note: this post is completely off topic and is irrelevant, and is intended for random/trivial chatter.

@shayster007's friend's comment about Bowey "can't play hockey" reminded me of Drew Doughty's trash talking Patrick Maroon (and in no way am I saying @shayster007's friend is a jackass like Doughty):

Whether Bowey can play or not in the NHL, he will, at the very least be one of the three guys currently in the Canucks organization to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup.

Pearson and Schenn? And nah my buddies a great guy haha

• Cheers 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

Pearson and Halak… 

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I don't believe Bowey looked out of place, kept his game reasonably simple but got the job done. Maybe it's maturity

I think with Poolman and Myers taking 44-46 minutes on the right side, Bowey, Schenn, and Burroughs are good enough to fill in the 14 minutes on the right side.  There won't be anything better coming on the waiver wire.

When Hamonic shows up, this will make us quite deep on that side.  Too bad Keeper wasn't still around to fight for those minutes, I would have liked to see a bit of his game.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think with Poolman and Myers taking 44-46 minutes on the right side, Bowey, Schenn, and Burroughs are good enough to fill in the 14 minutes on the right side.  There won't be anything better coming on the waiver wire.

When Hamonic shows up, this will make us quite deep on that side.  Too bad Keeper wasn't still around to fight for those minutes, I would have liked to see a bit of his game.

I think Brad Hunts ability to play the right side as a LHD will be the one taking those 14 minutes. Schenn as 7th D. Once Hamonic is back Hunt will be 7/8th D

OEL Poolman

Hughes Hunt

Juolevi Myers 

Schenn

Obviously it's not an optimal D, but it is better than years past. Rathbone should beat out Juolevi, but team would probably prefer to develop him with big minutes (20+) in Abbotsford opposed to the 14/15 ish in the NHL

2 minutes ago, CR7 said:

I think Brad Hunts ability to play the right side as a LHD will be the one taking those 14 minutes. Schenn as 7th D. Once Hamonic is back Hunt will be 7/8th D

OEL Poolman

Hughes Hunt

Juolevi Myers 

Schenn

Obviously it's not an optimal D, but it is better than years past. Rathbone should beat out Juolevi, but team would probably prefer to develop him with big minutes (20+) in Abbotsford opposed to the 14/15 ish in the NHL

I like Hunt's game and attitude, but imho he and Quinn would be a disaster.

Schenn will get that role for now, I think . They have a past working well together.  He will settle things down for Quinn like Tanev did, until Hamonic comes an tags him out.

38 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

It's like driving a Ferrari with spare tires installed on the right side.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:04 PM, CR7 said:

OEL Poolman

Hughes Hunt

Juolevi Myers 

Schenn

Hunt can't play defense.  That Hughes-Hunt pairing would get ventilated.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hunt can't play defense.  That Hughes-Hunt pairing would get ventilated.

Hunt is an okay guy on the bottom psi on a crap team.  He should be in Abbotsford.  But I think he’s our press-box popcorn eater, because he’s experience and plays both sides.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hunt is an okay guy on the bottom psi on a crap team.  He should be in Abbotsford.  But I think he’s our press-box popcorn eater, because he’s experience and plays both sides.  

Just because he sucks equally on both sides doesn't mean he should be in the NHL.

• Haha 3

• -AJ- changed the title to Madison Bowey | D