The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No, EP is not going to consider an offer sheet

Rate this topic

LeafsFanDan

10 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Pod is  3rd line player in the KHL and gets max 12 mins a game. He isn't close to being a rookie of the year candidate, have you not being paying attention? Dude is the next Chubarov and we all know how he turned out.

Pod is a solid 3rd line winger good for 35-40 points i am guessing.

your clueless the russian coach knows  hes leaving khl so he limits his ice time he just tied khl record for under 20 yr olds while playing 5-9 mins a game  he was  a top 3 pick if he hadnt been  signing in khl soo ya hes not a third liner 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Pod is  3rd line player in the KHL and gets max 12 mins a game. He isn't close to being a rookie of the year candidate, have you not being paying attention? Dude is the next Chubarov and we all know how he turned out.

Ahh got er all figured out. Good job scout 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

The thing is, Chubbie is EXACTLY the type of forward the Canucks need the most.  Solid defensively, two way center. 

If its the same Petey as the teen Petey here in Timrå i have a hard time seeing him going for the biggest deal possible... If its helps the team win i guess he'd rather play for 7m aav than a 10m aav.. I wouldn't rule out a 8yr 8m aav contract. 

The only teams i could see with the cap and draft picks to offer sheet him is Hurricanes, Flames and Red Wings.. 

No idea whom of those would go for it though.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, canuktravella said:

ya i dont think petey would sign a offer sheet  but he will want to get paid  if we  give him bridge its barzal money 3 yrs @ 7 mill per   if benning figures a way to shed cap id rather it 8 yrs 10 mill. Hughes cant even be offer sheeted yet   he will be paid well maybe 3 yr 7 mill contract  wait to see what benning has planned. podkolzin is gonna be rookie of yr next yr this guys a stud who drives play 

Petey is no Barzal, not yet anyway

• Vintage 1

On 4/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, LeafsFanDan said:

I wanted to bring up today's article from  Canucks Way.

https://thecanuckway.com/2021/04/12/are-the-canucks-in-danger-of-a-pettersson-or-hughes-offer-sheet/

First of all, EP is a humble kid who is just happy to be in the NHL. He doesn't care not does he put too much weight into how much money he will make. He isn't the type of a person to sit out games for cash  basically he will accept the bare minimum to keep playing. To say anything more shows complete lack of insight into EP attitude and character.

Same with Hugh's, kids a 5'10 dude he never dreamed of making millions let alone 7 mill a year. They have no clue what they are worth and they are humble, these kids just wanna play. They will take what the team gives them and move on.

These kids are chasing money they just love the game and the fun, that's my honest opinion. It's complete click  bait and just lazy writing to suggest EP is going to entertain  offers.

Uhmmm...

regards,  G.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, LeafsFanDan said:

I wanted to bring up today's article from  Canucks Way.

https://thecanuckway.com/2021/04/12/are-the-canucks-in-danger-of-a-pettersson-or-hughes-offer-sheet/

First of all, EP is a humble kid who is just happy to be in the NHL. He doesn't care not does he put too much weight into how much money he will make. He isn't the type of a person to sit out games for cash  basically he will accept the bare minimum to keep playing. To say anything more shows complete lack of insight into EP attitude and character.

Same with Hugh's, kids a 5'10 dude he never dreamed of making millions let alone 7 mill a year. They have no clue what they are worth and they are humble, these kids just wanna play. They will take what the team gives them and move on.

These kids are chasing money they just love the game and the fun, that's my honest opinion. It's complete click  bait and just lazy writing to suggest EP is going to entertain  offers.

This is wonderful fantasy but its not realistic. 

EP and QH are represented by one of the most aggressive agents around. Thats not by accident. They will know exactly what they are worth and I think people expecting them to play for "bare minimum" are delusional. 

EP is a pretty humble for sure. Hughes not as much tbh. But both are going to get paid. Just because they want to be paid fairly for what they bring does not make them greedy.

• Cheers 1

And if someone offers EP a crazy offer sheet he would be dumb not to accept it. Even just to get Benning to match it. 

Agents have far more power and influence than you think. And the nhlpa also has a vested interest in ensuring top players keep getting big money deals because a rising tide lifts all boats.

Top young players are not charitable organizations. They arent going to accept peanuts when they see their GM overpaying average and below average players.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

29 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This is wonderful fantasy but its not realistic. 

EP and QH are represented by one of the most aggressive agents around. Thats not by accident. They will know exactly what they are worth and I think people expecting them to play for "bare minimum" are delusional. 

EP is a pretty humble for sure. Hughes not as much tbh. But both are going to get paid. Just because they want to be paid fairly for what they bring does not make them greedy.

EP is confident but does not come off as arrogant. Hughes is a little different.  I was a little taken aback when he was struggling with his defensive numbers earlier and after a tough game for him, when asked questions about his mistakes and play, he responded "I think I played great"  or something like that.  Many players, including Petey, would probably give some answer something like "I have to do better".    Not that I have a problem with it. If that's what Quinn needs to get up for games and keep playing well.  Every player is different. 

But it does seem like Hughes has influenced Petey to go for gold.  Dump his former agent and use his, more "aggressive" agent to make sure he gets all he can. 

Its not just about the money. It is, maybe even more so, about the respect.  In a void, I do think Petey would be stoked with making 5 million, even 1 million, a year as any human would.  Its about all the hard work they have done since kids to get here, and breaking records and reaching milestones.  A contract offer that honours that is important. And if they then are low-balled by management.....and actually accept it.....other players, and the players union, will not be amused by bringing down the average. But more than that, they wouldn't accept it, because that number reflects what they think about their own potential, and how they want to be viewed comparatively to the rest of the league.

• Cheers 2