The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Real reason for picking up Madison Bowey, not what you think. And a Clarification

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

13 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

he is 22 and never played an NHL game 

Green is willing to let young guys play Hoglander 

But Lind I guess Green does not like him, or Lind has not shown Green a reason to put him in the line up

So what if he's 22 and hasn't played an NHL game? He's a PROSPECT. I'm as happy as anyone that Hoglander has made an impact so quickly, but it's unfair to compare him to Lind just because they've developed at a different rates. It certainly doesn't mean that he's just waiver fodder...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Maybe after he retires but for now he is a greater asset then Lind

Entitled opinions, but today(if forced to choose), I take KL over JV 10 times outa' 1o

One is overpaid, & running outa' runway(to EVER take off & fly)

The other currently has way more runway, & an intensity to his approach. & JB has been bullish on him for quite some time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

So what if he's 22 and hasn't played an NHL game. He's a PROSPECT. And a very good one at that... I'm as happy as anyone that Hoglander has made an impact so quickly, but it's unfair to compare him to Lind just because he's developing at a different rate - and it certainly doesn't mean that he's just waiver fodder.

I think it is completely fair to compare Hoglander to Lind. Because of the age difference. Lind should be where Hoglander is now. Both I would argue have the same ceiling 3rd line players with 2nd line potential. Hoglander has proven himself to be a 3rd line fixture. which means he has a much better chance at being a good top 6 forward. 

Lind has not cracked the lineup.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Entitled opinions, but today(if forced to choose), I take KL over JV 10 times outa' 1o

The other currently has way more runway, & an intensity to his approach. & JB has been bullish on him for quite some time.

we agree to disagree,

All I am really trying to say is on the open market Virtanen is worth more. JB might be asking for to much. But In a trade Virtanen goes for more than Lind. Therefore, for me it is asset management, if you have to lose one for nothing it has to be Lind.

Who do you think would garner more in a trade. Lind or Virtanen

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Do not get me wrong if I was GM I would take a 3rd for Virtanen in a heart beat. Get the cap money back and protect Lind but, the Canucks can not afford to give up Virtanen for nothing he is an asset

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Leaving Lind exposed would be like throwing away a 1st round pick. Benning would have taken Lind with a late 1st had he had one in 2017. No way he lets Seattle take him...

Agreed, and that's why we are going to see what Lind has got at the NHL level for the rest of this year.  

All in all, I think we can make the most of this throwaway year by getting a top 10 pick and also seeing what we have in our young guys.  We already saw Juolevi, Chatfield, Hoglander..  and even though I didn't like Rafferty in his one game, I'd really like to see him in a couple of more games just to confirm that he's not yet an NHL d-man at 25 years old.  

13 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

Virtanen is quietly becoming a decent all-round hockey player right under all your held noses

If they stopped holding their noses and actually watched the game they might smell what JB is cooking. B)

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I think it is completely fair to compare Hoglander to Lind. Because of the age difference. Lind should be where Hoglander is now. Both I would argue have the same ceiling 3rd line players with 2nd line potential. Hoglander has proven himself to be a 3rd line fixture. which means he has a much better chance at being a good top 6 forward. 

Lind has not cracked the lineup.

Don't give up on Lind yet. Like Juolevi, injuries has kept him down. A switch from wing to center also took some time for adjustment but he is the Comet's number one center and primary offensive driver this year. https://canucksarmy.com/2021/03/05/fabers-prospect-lind-faceoff-zlodeyev-podkolzin-gadjovich-more/

36 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

he is 22 and never played an NHL game 

Green is willing to let young guys play Hoglander 

But Lind I guess Green does not like him, or Lind has not shown Green a reason to put him in the line up

This post shows you that you've never even seen Kole Lind's highlights, or even look at his trajectory since the first AHL season. The kid is winning the praises of everyone who watch him, especially his coach. The kid is an emerging NHL prospect. He is absolutely not waiver fodder. He's a very solid B prospect as it stands.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

we agree to disagree,

All I am really trying to say is on the open market Virtanen is worth more. JB might be asking for to much. But In a trade Virtanen goes for more than Lind. Therefore, for me it is asset management, if you have to lose one for nothing it has to be Lind.

If Lind was on another team, I would trade Virtanen for him in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

This post shows you that you've never even seen Kole Lind's highlights, or even look at his trajectory since the first AHL season. The kid is winning the praises of everyone who watch him, especially his coach. The kid is an emerging NHL prospect. He is absolutely not waiver fodder. He's a very solid B prospect as it stands.

Why did not crack the line up

Must be Green does not like him

• RoughGame 1

19 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

we agree to disagree,

Another foolish post. You don't throw away legit prospects like Lind to the wind. Go watch his highlights and stats before you come and make another ignorant post like you've been doing this thread.

15 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

we agree to disagree,

Yeah, you present a fair argument. I haven't seen enough of Lind(in Utica) to get frothing in debate, at this point today.

Like that Lind fits in well with the age of our key youth. On & off ice, feel JV just hasn't shown good sense.

Lastly, his play hasn't measured up with his 2.5 AAV. JB/Van has given him a fair shake.

But overall, not really worried about the ED. Our team is in a good cycle/stage to get through(Vegans & Kraken) relatively unscathed.

2 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Expose virtanen who cares. The chances Seattle would take him are zero, I repeat zero. There is a better chance a camel could knit a sweater with a needle than Seattle taking Jake 

It is not Seattle you have to worry about it is the other 31 teams.

If a team wants Virtanen JB wants more than you could go through Seattle and then trade with them

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

Why did not crack the line up

Must be Green does not like him

Green's decision making has been questionable at best. Are you really using his standards to judge a prospect's success in an organization?

I know Benning keeps talking about retaining the same coaching staff, but I really would like to see the Canucks explore all possibilities before going back to Green. It's time to stop fooling around.

• Like 1