The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Real reason for picking up Madison Bowey, not what you think. And a Clarification

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I think Virtanen is a legit 3rd line forward. Even a good fill in on the second line when injures occur. I am throwing this year of stats away for most of the Canucks including Hughes massive Minus, this is not the year to be grading players.

Til Lind proves he is worth more than Virtanen. Virtanen is the greater asset it really is that simple.

I agree he has earned a shot. Hoping to see him this season. but he did not even make the taxi squad.

I disagree

this is the year you see what player play through adversity

If COVID is your excuse to play bad

play somewhere else

Why do people Like Lind this is a real question

22 years old, 6 1 186 pound which makes him a twig, We do not need another Brandon Sutter on this team. 

Has not gotten into an NHL game. And he played in the WHL where thy are not cranking out that many good players in the last little while. I personally would pick someone other than an WHL player. OHL or USHL is developing far better players I would say in the last 10 years at least

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

I disagree

this is the year you see what player play through adversity

If COVID is your excuse to play bad

play somewhere else

Covid has nothing to do with it, it is the loses of the last offseason I am referring to. Our whole Defensive structure took a hit. From defense come puck possession and from puck possession comes Offense. I am mad about the Tanev loss to this core. Edler and Hughes have not been the same.

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Covid has nothing to do with it, it is the loses of the last offseason I am referring to. Our whole Defensive structure took a hit. From defense come puck possession and from puck possession comes Offense. I am mad about the Tanev loss to this core. Edler and Hughes have not been the same.

well I am already not a fan of management or the coaching staff

so I guess I agree with you then

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

22 years old, 6 1 186 pound which makes him a twig, We do not need another Brandon Sutter on this team. 

Has not gotten into an NHL game. And he played in the WHL where thy are not cranking out that many good players in the last little while. I personally would pick someone other than an WHL player. OHL or USHL is developing far better players I would say in the last 10 years at least

because we always have to pretend there is another shiny new thing

lots can happen  before expansion draft virtanen ciuld be traded or benning might trade a bunch of players or they might  leave myers available as a cap  dump. jimbo ssys hes jot worried about cap so lets see what he does i dont wanna lose jake or macewen or kole lind letts see what happens 

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

because we always have to pretend there is another shiny new thing

kole lind is a solid player  you dont draft and develop youth just to thriw them away  hes paid his dues in ahl  canucks will wanna see how he does in bigs before hes labelled a  bust by you. Koles game is very different than sutters hes a scorer and hustles and  hits  with high competitve side.  podkolzin is a shiny new toy redy next yr and hes gonna be top 6 we hot lotsto be excited about

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

well I am already not a fan of management or the coaching staff

so I guess I agree with you then

The truly sad part of Tanev leaving, is he will never replicate what he did for the Canucks in Calgary.

He came in as a young guy to a veteran core and became that Vet to the new young core. He was a true mentor. The respect he had in the locker room all the fans could see it because it literally could not be contained in the locker room and flooded out. It was sad to see that JB did not see how important a guy like that is to a team. I put Tanev right along side a guy like Linden

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I understand the Expansion angle, but Myers shouldn't be protected. That's the problem. Seattle wouldn't take him with that contract and if they did then even better. 

Who are you going to replace Myers with is the question. The team is already going to be thin on defense next season

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

kole lind is a solid player  you dont draft and develop youth just to thriw them away  hes paid his dues in ahl  canucks will wanna see how he does in bigs before hes labelled a  bust by you. Koles game is very different than sutters hes a scorer and hustles and  hits  with high competitve side.  podkolzin is a shiny new toy redy next yr and hes gonna be top 6 we hot lotsto be excited about

I am not labelling him as a bust. But he is more likely to be a bust then to fill a significant role on this team. If he can not be a top 6 I just do not see him filling a bottom 6 role. He has a lot of competition in front of him to make a top 6 role. 

35 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Former Kelowna Rockets drafted in the last 10 years who are still active:

Draisitl

Morrissey

Bowey

C. Foote

D. Dube

Severson

Scissons

Merkley

That's a pretty strong track record of development.

Edited by King Heffy

17 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I am not labelling him as a bust. But he is more likely to be a bust then to fill a significant role on this team. If he can not be a top 6 I just do not see him filling a bottom 6 role. He has a lot of competition in front of him to make a top 6 role. 

you need bottom 6 prospects as well kole has upside to be a decent 3rd liner. Most nhlers dont make the bigs til they are 21-23. If yiur a top ten pick you might make it at 18 but more often then not its 19-21. Watching podkolzin in wirld junior and in khl this kids definately a top 6 winger 

Edited by canuktravella