The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

They're trying to extend 84th avenue through Bear Creek Park again

Kurgom

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah add in the fact that 1/2 the people in Surrey don't know how to drive, and you have a fun commute.  

I don't think anyone fails a test now, by the looks of it

I failed my 1st attempt ,because i wasn't fully in the intersection to turn left. It seems to be the norm now,

Stay hidden, then jump out on late yellow or red and crash into someone who was not slowing down that could see the light about to turn green for them, or the guy in oncoming lane rushing to get through on late yellow ,because they have no idea you will turn in front of them being that far back of the intersection

6 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Side note Bear Creek Park has always be a hot spot for assualt/sexual assualt over the years as there are many unlit areas of the park.    

Any data to support the claim of it being a hot spot for assault/sexual assault?

4 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah add in the fact that 1/2 the people in Surrey don't know how to drive, and you have a fun commute.  

You should visit Alberta. 

They like to pass on the right using exit lanes and think indicator signals are for the weak. 

5 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't think anyone fails a test now, by the looks of it

I failed my 1st attempt ,because i wasn't fully in the intersection to turn left. It seems to be the norm now,

Stay hidden, then jump out on late yellow or red and crash into someone who was not slowing down that could see the light about to turn green for them, or the guy in oncoming lane rushing to get through on late yellow ,because they have no idea you will turn in front of them being that far back of the intersection

I screwed up a 3 point turn and almost failed years ago.

16 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Any data to support the claim of it being a hot spot for assault/sexual assault?

Mostly just knowledge from growing up in the area, dont really want to start googling sexual assault numbers in Surrey dont think i'll like what i find.   

21 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Mostly just knowledge from growing up in the area, dont really want to start googling sexual assault numbers in Surrey dont think i'll like what i find.   

Hm yeah I grew up throughout elementary school and high school in Brookside, adjacent to the 140th street entrance to Bear Creek and spent probably 90% of my summer breaks at the bear creek park outdoor pool and playground, and later lifeguarded there too, and can probably count on one hand the sexual assault headlines I remember. So  idon't know if I agree with the word hot spot

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t see why they need to cut through the park those saying it will alleviate congestion it won’t.

looking at that road layout and usage, it will just be a case of induced demand

here is a simple explanation.

The better option would be looking to spread the traffic across alternate routes, and increase the prevalence of public transport. 

if they are dead set at building a road through the middle make it a bus only lane. 

• 2 weeks later...