The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If there is one thing that is for sure, the interest in the remaining games, for most people, isn't really high. 

Canucks will win the first one on adrenaline and the PGT portion of the thread will have 19 pages about the magic number to clinch the playoffs

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It basically stinks, & smells like a set-up. More proof of the degree this shyte league disrespects(detests?) Van's franchise.

You'd never see such a sched being crammed down the throat of any key US market, or Hogtown for that matter.

I mean..... if I saw this happening to a key U.S market I’d assume the league is helping them tank :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If there is one thing that is for sure, the interest in the remaining games, for most people, isn't really high. 

I'm interested to hopefully see some of the kids rotated through the lineup over the next few weeks and see how they look individually.

But I'm not expecting us to win a whole lot or look all that great as a whole.

Meh, better chances at landing Clarke this draft.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Full lineup”

Yea right, they’re gonna have to band aid together a roster with no practice time.

I still can’t believe the NHLPA is silent on this. Players are gonna get hurt.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

“Full lineup”

Yea right, they’re gonna have to band aid together a roster with no practice time.

It's absolutely ridiculous. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

“Full lineup”

I think by “full lineup”, it’s expected they will have 20 players ready to go, rather than playing short handed by a player or two, as earlier speculated. But I agree with you.

• Cheers 4

56 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It basically stinks, & smells like a set-up. More proof of the degree this shyte league disrespects(detests?) Van's franchise.

You'd never see such a sched being crammed down the throat of any key US market, or Hogtown for that matter.

There's a 30 foot tall bronze monument which is nothing more than a giant finger in the eye to the corruption and incompetence of the league out front of the arena.

It's no wonder the league acts this way.

I do not condone the waiving of a white flag in surrender, ever, even in jest.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

This is insane.

They are professional athletes with the highest tier of health care on their side.

We as plebs can't come close to understanding the benefits of such CV health, and from what I've read those who are extremely fit breeze thru this like it's a common cold, or in many cases far less.

I think they're gonna be just fine.

16 minutes ago, xereau said:

There's a 30 foot tall bronze monument which is nothing more than a giant finger in the eye to the corruption and incompetence of the league out front of the arena.

It's no wonder the league acts this way.

I do not condone the waiving of a white flag in surrender, ever, even in jest.

I agree 100% and have often said the chances of Vancouver Canucks winning a Stanley Cup with that statue still in place will be very slim.

The powers that be in Vancouver would be better served by making a tribute to Roger with a video screen image if he wasn't the first serious guy on video he was definitely there at the very beginning.