The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

One of the more severe symptoms of COVID is blood clots. It would be devastating for everybody involved if a player stroked out or had an embolism during the game.

Source please???

I understood that it was a severe reaction to the AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccines that were causing blood clots in a very very few people. 

I've never heard of Blood Clots caused  by the virus it's self???? but what do i know, nada

IMHO opinion The league and NHLPA should have delayed the Canucks start until players called up from Utica have cleared their 7 day quarantine. 

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

One of the more severe symptoms of COVID is blood clots. It would be devastating for everybody involved if a player stroked out or had an embolism during the game.

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement

Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.

People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.

On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.

2 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source please???

I understood that it was a severe reaction to the AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccines that were causing blood clots in a very very few people. 

I've never heard of Blood Clots caused  by the virus it's self???? but what do i know, nada

IMHO opinion The league and NHLPA should have delayed the Canucks start until players called up from Utica have cleared their 7 day quarantine. 

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure we had that option last Friday and Benning said he would look at it later that day and call up anyone if necessary. Accordingly he has said this week he believes we'll have a full roster without.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source please???

They were called up when the Canucks went into lockdown.  They have already cleared quarantine and have been added to the taxi squad. They didn’t recall anyone from Utica but the ones loaned to other farm teams in Canada.  Lind was already in Vancouver.

Edited by mll
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No, you're right, at the start it might be tough to get that full 26 healthy choices. No one said it would be easy going. I would play the fittest 18 in the first game, and then swap out as many as possible. I think that second game on Saturday would be the toughest. However, I have heard Petey, and Pearson, are ready to go and in addition Schmidt, Virtanen, Hoglander(? might be one more day), and Hawryluk, should be a go on Saturday for the subs. We should have all 8 by Monday but those 8 don't need to be cleared Friday if they aren't playing.

I agree the first 2 games will be extremely tough but after that swapping every one out every third game would only mean 13 games in 31 days for all the players. That's doable!

As far as Bowey, and Hightower, they are in quarantine until Monday/Tuesday.

I still don't think we're going to have all of the other players available nor do I think there's a reason to push them back.

But I hope you're right and if they do have to play that as many of them as possible are willing and able to return and no one suffers any serious injures. Guess we'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

Oh, shut up. Quit spewing this garbage. I'm sick and tired of you annoying Bennng haters using this Covid situation to blame Benning even further. What the hell is wrong with you? I don't know how you are not banned.

Agreed!! I'm soooo tired of this crap...between the sports media, a portion of this fan base and all the covidiots (as they say), i'm done! This last year and a bit has really exposed a huge portion of society and it's not good!!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

Oh, shut up. Quit spewing this garbage. I'm sick and tired of you annoying Bennng haters using this Covid situation to blame Benning even further. What the hell is wrong with you? I don't know how you are not banned.

Hilarious.

Vancouver should change their names the the Vancouver victims.

always whining crying everyone and everything is out to get just us and only us. 

The Boo who, woh -as-me mentality of some of the fans and the management.

Other team had similar situation Dal NJD 

where is  the endless crying.

Management has choices and  they knew 7 days ago we’d be in this situation so who’d they call up?how’d they prepare? 
Management DOESNT have to play any player they see unfit regardless. 
coaches have control over ice time.

is winning 5 games in a season that’s already a loss more important than a players long term health.  

but hey keep playing the victim it’s been working out so well. 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 6

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Hilarious.

Vancouver should change their names the the Vancouver victims.

always whining crying everyone and everything is out to get just us and only us. 

The Boo who, woh -as-me mentality of some of the fans and the management.

Other team had similar situation Dal NJD 

where is  the endless crying.

Management has choices and  they knew 7 days ago we’d be in this situation so who’d they call up?how’d they prepare? 
Management DOESNT have to play any player they see unfit regardless. 
coaches have control over ice time.

is winning 5 games in a season that’s already a loss more important than a players long term health.  

but hey keep playing the victim it’s been working out so well. 

Lame

• Cheers 1