The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Still think playoffs are highly unlikely. Albeit slightly LESS unlikely thanks to that legendary win.

But then again, I though a win tonight was highly unlikely.

All I know for sure is that I’ll be watching our team down the stretch no matter what happens.

And I might try to get up early because I think Halford and Brough will have a good show tomorrow morning.

As I stated earlier somewhere in the thread I listed to the game on good ol’ fashioned AM Radio - takes me back to Robison and Larcheid on NW - while I was doing my garden work...so not only did I not see the game, but I couldn’t follow the GDT. Someone please tell me that, for at least TONIGHT, there was an absence of the FIRE BENNING/GREEN garbage. That would make the night even more perfect in my eyes.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

well that was fun

high points for me

The No goal with 20 seconds left

Ron SHifting blame away from the referee (seriously didn't he get fired 6 years ago?)

Mathews "Lifting the stick" wha tthe stick didn't lift and he contacted the hands, I didn't see that

Oh ya and Bo

Chatfield

and Holy the Goaly

What a game!  We may have infected them with confusion if not covid.  All of our fire drills in the first period seemed to neutralize their brains and set up the counter-attacks that got us back into the game.  By the time it got to OT, we were firmly in control.  Three cheers and three stars for Holtby, who bought the time to get us there.

I was wrong. I was so wrong.

there’s post on here somewhere where I said just call the season, arbitrarily give us the 8th overall pick.

And then Bo happened!!!!!

The Captain!!

And Myers, worth every penny tonight!

Holtby with an amazing leg save, and then Hughson and Simpson just give it a ho hum save...

I thought Hawryluk had good energy, I thought Guillaume played well in limited ice time. But you could see several players had degraded energy and the whole team had rusty hand eye and systems play.

Another day of recouping and maybe some more players back by Tuesday.

always a good day when you hear the Toronto biased media try to flub their way through a Leafs loss! And did you hear McLean say “when the Canucks made 2-1, I thought oh boy!” Gee, who’s he routing for....

Go Canucks go!!! Get well, stay healthy everyone!!

Wahoo!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Same can be said for Nylander and Matthews. 

I don't know Matthews background, but Nylander definitely comes across with the same rich kid attitude. Nylander is actually extremely strong. He blew away the competition at the combine during his draft year. But he doesn't want to break a nail. Wasted tools.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Now 18 games in 31 days for a team that has one under the belt and looked pretty good...that's a little better no?

No, I'm not going there. In normal times and at good health, an NHL team is likely to play, at most, 15 games in 32 days. What the Canucks are facing is nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Still think playoffs are highly unlikely. Albeit slightly LESS unlikely thanks to that legendary win.

But then again, I though a win tonight was highly unlikely.

All I know for sure is that I’ll be watching our team down the stretch no matter what happens.

And I might try to get up early because I think Halford and Brough will have a good show tomorrow morning.

As I stated earlier somewhere in the thread I listed to the game on good ol’ fashioned AM Radio - takes me back to Robison and Larcheid on NW - while I was doing my garden work...so not only did I not see the game, but I couldn’t follow the GDT. Someone please tell me that, for at least TONIGHT, there was an absence of the FIRE BENNING/GREEN garbage. That would make the night even more perfect in my eyes.

there was the absense of the front line worker introduction for the pregame siren

Green was coaching like he did in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs

27 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Holtby can return to form! I BELIEVE!:towel:

He played with a lot of heart tonight. As did the whole team. This whole experience with covid seems to have bonded the team. You could see the extra emotion when Bo scored in OT. 

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I calculate we need about a 13-4-1 record to have a chance. Maybe lower if Montreal collapses.

Having Ottawa for 4 in a row after the next Toronto game will be a blessing. Not saying these will be easy games but they are a good team to play as we get back up to speed and we have had a good record against them so far. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The only thing worse than leafs fans is leafs biased commentators. 

I dunno. I couldn’t watch the game live (might replay it since I recorded it on the PVR) but I just had a quick look at the HF Leafs forum and they are pretty incensed and pissy thinking that Hughson was HIGHLY biased in favour of the Canucks. More proof that fandom pretty much strips away most facets of objectivity.

• Haha 1

Playoffs may be a stretch but there are some players who look like they are not affected too much from COVID.  Miller, Holtby and Myers were beasts tonight.  The good news is we do have some players who weren't infected that will be in the lineup soon, Bowey, Highmore, Lind, who are upgrades to guys like Michaelis, Graovac and Chatfield.  

• Vintage 1