The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Let's try not to excessively complain about the forthcoming losses. The boys will do their best with what they've been given, but it could be rough. All the NHL cares about is getting a full season in, and with TOR having such a dominating season so far, they want to see how this ends. Good for business. I get the feeling the Canucks are like a piece of gum on the shoe of the NHL.  

yeah, i dont have alot of expectations for the rest of the games this season.

4 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah, i dont have alot of expectations for the rest of the games this season.

It was a bottom 5 team by seasons end anyways. Now they might be bottom 3.

So what. We have higher chance at a better draft pick. I don't mind.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You nailed it. As pros they know whether they can go or not. If it is a no then sit the game(s) out. I don't have a problem with that. 

and JT  Miller isn't a pro? i think he just told it like it is!

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

I hope the guys just ride this year out. Let's not hurt anyone and just get the year over with.

If our goal tenders are not 100% then play a rookie who has been playing.  We don't Demko to get injured. He should have plenty of practice time before thrown in. 

I would be fin with losing every game.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They dont have to play if they not ready. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Are there reports that they are being forced to return at gunpoint or being sent to prison if they dont play? I havent heard that but if you know please let us know.

Who makes the decision?  Player? Doctor?  If it's up to the player, I wouldn't trust a pro athlete to 'quit' on his team.  You've seen how it works...they always want to play and try to win for the team.

Also, does refusing to play line them up for suspension?

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hopefully they will rotate the younger guys in and try to plan the remaining games for as much rest as possible.

I'd play Holtby a lot more than Demko at this point too. No reason to risk a Demko injury for this year.  

I agree.. Let's throw in DiPietro in for a few games, like 1 out of 5 games while Demko and Holtby split the duties so that they'd be kept fresh, that way, they'd play 2 games a week.  I'd keep Petterson, Boeser, Miller, Hughes, Schmidt out for any  back-to-back games to keep them fresh as well.   Let's chalk up some guaranteed losses and save their health for next season.  At this point,  if I'm GM and the owner, I'm looking ahead to next season. And plan the line-up and throw in the kids to play a bit more games to see where they are at.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Who makes the decision?  Player? Doctor?  If it's up to the player, I wouldn't trust a pro athlete to 'quit' on his team.  You've seen how it works...they always want to play and try to win for the team.

No, they can refuse to play if they wish but do you really think any doctor will clear them if they’re not ready to go? No one here knows how they feel or how they’ve been affected so let’s stop with the doom and gloom and leave it up to the pros. I can’t wait for game day.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Comets second period ends with them leading 2-1

Outshot Syracuse 10 - 5 in the 1st and 22-6 in the second.  Rathbone leads all shooters with 5

Cull working his way towards being an assistant next season?

Just now, higgyfan said:

What are you talking about. 100's of pro players switch teams every year. Gaudette had been asking for a trade for months out of Vancouver.. they sit out while injured all the time. If theyre not ready to go sit out for a few games until ready.

Players very often say its a business. They leave a team because tbey dont like the city. Or for more money.. or they dont like certain team mates or coaches.

2nd part. If they dont play they dont get paid. Just like you or your dad or your mom or brother or your sister wouldn't get paid after being medically clearee to go back to work but you refuse..

They're all millionaires. I dont think fams need be worried about them not getting paid for not coming to work. Thats the last thing ppl following the team need to worry about.

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If there is one thing that is for sure, the interest in the remaining games, for most people, isn't really high. 

My interest lies in hoping none of our guys get injured. The season is essentially a writeoff.

46 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe, just maybe, by having been dealt a handfull of lousy cards (COVID), good karma will provide VAN with their first 1st this year. :towel:

Too bad there is no Mcdavid or Mathews or OV type player at the top of draft. But it would still be nice to have the pick of the litter.