The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

53 minutes ago, bree2 said:

and JT  Miller isn't a pro? i think he just told it like it is!

Did he say hes being forced to play? 

Like i mean if he doesnt show up for game did you hear Aqua will send VPD to his house have him arrested?

Edited by WHL rocks
  • RoughGame 1

Cgy beat Mtl tonight. Great result for the Canucks. 

Simply put, Mtl must lose games down the stretch for us to have a chance.

Cgy plays Mtl 4 more times.

Nux do not play Mtl but do play Cgy.

So if Cgy keeps Mtl in range then we still have  chance. And Cgy backup is now Domingue...

I think after our team is back to playing we could still have a chance.  Once guys feel better and are playing regularly we have about 28 bodies to draw on and we might be in a position that a few wins gets us into the race.

If not then c'est la vie.  But I don't think it is over yet.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Not fair to put players in that position to begin with.

These guys aren’t forced to play but they don’t want to let the team down. The fact that they’re willing to risk their health for their team speaks volumes.

Everyone should pay these guys respect if they step on the ice on Friday regardless of results.

WHL is a business owner so he is coming from the business side of things which is not wrong.

PAGING Coach Travis!!!!

This is NOT the EDM bubble vs the Vegans. You must NOT horse-whip a dozen pack mules across the Sahara. Under NO F***ing circumstances!

Treat this as ATOM house league. EVERYONE gets to play..hand out  part. ribbons after, ferGawdsakes! Dress everyone(& their buddies) the next tilt.

all fwds: 13-16 mins each

all D: 19-21 mins EACH!!!

Ain't rocket science, amigo.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

PAGING Coach Travis!!!!

This is NOT the EDM bubble vs the Vegans. You must NOT horse-whip a dozen pack mules across the Sahara. Under NO F***ing circumstances!

Treat this as ATOM house league. EVERYONE gets to play..hand out  part. ribbons after, ferGawdsakes! Dress everyone(& their buddies) the next tilt.

all fwds: 13-16 mins each

all D: 19-21 mins EACH!!!

Ain't rocket science, amigo.

Well then tell Aqua to give him his extension already then. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

WHL is a business owner so he is coming from the business side of things which is not wrong.

Being a business owner doesn’t mean you should agree with putting employees in sh$&ty positions...

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yet another insanely in shape MMA fighter had to back out of a fight. Young dude too, Sage Northcutt.

Langhaulin is a real thing even for top tier athletes.

Hope or boys can all get out of this virus without lingering issues. 

Yep look at Khamzat. He lives in gym. He got covid fight got canceled 3 times. Once his opponent got covid twice khamzat... he couldnt fight spent money on training camp and everthing.... He's not getting money. And hes just starting to feel better and looking to gight next cpl months. 

He makes 20 k per fight. Hes had 3 fights in ufc. 60k plus performance bonuses 150k over year and have.. minus taxes and paying his coaches for 3 camps... 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yep look at Khamzat. He lives in gym. He got covid fight got canceled 3 times. Once his opponent got covid twice khamzat... he couldnt fight spent money on training camp and everthing.... He's not getting money. And hes just starting to feel better and looking to gight next cpl months. 

He makes 20 k per fight. Hes had 3 fights in ufc. 60k plus performance bonuses 150k over year and have.. minus taxes and paying his coaches for 3 camps... 

Yeah, there`s quite a few of them that have mentioned lingering issues. I don`t know the percentage but it seems like high amount in these very fit people. 

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not fair to put players in that position to begin with.

These guys aren’t forced to play but they don’t want to let the team down. The fact that they’re willing to risk their health for their team speaks volumes.

Everyone should pay these guys respect if they step on the ice on Friday regardless of results.

Yup. I’m gonna watch and applaud them no matter the outcome. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Being a business owner doesn’t mean you should agree with putting employees in sh$&ty positions...

What are yoy talking about. JT Miller made close to 4 million cad this year. If he refuses to play after being medically cleared by doctors why should Aqua pay him cpll million more.. aqua already losing 10s of millions.

Hes paying his players full pay.. like for 82 games this season even though they only playing 59 games..

Does your employer pay you that if you dont go to work? And you make 100k? Maybe 200k? Hes made 4mill in last 3 months. 

Its different if a minimum wage worker single mom working at walmart .. all the folks working at grocery stores and gas stations.. front line workers ...thats who get my sympathies.. not guys making millions of dollars with personal nutritionists and world class health care

I guess im not a hero worshipper like many ppl are. I love sports. I love the Canucks i love UFC and NFL but i dont worship the players. 

I would rather Aqua donate 10s of  millions to front line workers over guys already making millions..

If Miller wants to complain and not come to work.. then stay home.. hes made 4 mill last cpl months. I'm sure he'll be able to pay his mortgage and grocery bill.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 2
  • RoughGame 3

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Yup. I’m gonna watch and applaud them no matter the outcome. 

I hope the Nucks skate around as much as they feel like, take it easy. If they start to get lit up by the other team, lots of nasty stick work is in order.

Our guys will probably welcome a 5mins rest in the box.

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Players should feel no shame forfeiting games if they want too

Exactly, and in Canada we have this little law called the “right to refuse” unsafe work. Unfortunately most are too afraid to speak out on unsafe working conditions. Good on JT for at least trying to say something. They are working in Canada and are protected by law under this act so if they use it there is nothing he NHL can do. 

I am selfish and want to see more Canucks hockey, but if the players don’t feel safe out there, then I’m on their side! 

• Vintage 4
  • RoughGame 1

Miller had to sit out the beginning of the year for circumstances beyond his control.  I think it feeds into how he feels today.

However he is a competitor.  I expect that after practice tomorrow he says it's a lousy situation but we are going to go ahead and play and try to win.

What else can he do? Also I think today's reaction was very honest and emotional but I expect his lifetime of training as an athlete and competitor will kick in tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

JT just shared the sentiments of many fans and media, and not even exclusively Canucks fans at that 

Glad he spoke up

Not this fan. Im still going to watch the team play with or JT Miller on it or without.

It could be entire AHL squad ill still watch the games.

Then again i been a fan for 40 years. I watched them in the 80s when we lost every night..

Im a fan of the team logo. Ive seen 100s of players come and go over the years..

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Exactly, and in Canada we have this little law called the “right to refuse” unsafe work. Unfortunately most are too afraid to speak out on unsafe working conditions. Good on JT for at least trying to say something. They are working in Canada and are protected by law under this act so if they use it there is nothing he NHL can do. 

I am selfish and want to see more Canucks hockey, but if the players don’t feel safe out there, then I’m on their side! 

Yeah if Montreal or Dallas spoke up and requested to sit out the season also, I'm sure they would get their wish this time too and they would be much farther along when it comes to normalizing this in these circumstances.  Alternatively maybe JT could be the start of a necessary movement to get games cancelled esp. if this wave gets worse.  No reason why, if players could sit out in the bubble, that this time around they shouldn't be allowed to for their own safety.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1