The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I calculate we need about a 13-4-1 record to have a chance. Maybe lower if Montreal collapses.

If MTL goes .500 the rest of the way, that is 7-7, they wind up with 61 points.  We would then need to go 12-6 to tie them at 61 points and win the tie breaker because of more ROW.

It's not impossible unless MTL plays a lot better down the stretch than they have been.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Price and bodies coming back soon. 

We will have to see what happens after they get key members back. 

Yeah, that record gives a little bit of room for improvement by MTL, but if they bounce back in a big way, it becomes nearly impossible.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok i havent watched the game yet. please recommend a takeout food and beer for maximum enjoyment.

my first thoughts are hot wings and kokanee gold.

So much more enjoyable with a real drink haha :bigblush:

Love me a cold Moscow mule, whiskey sour, old fashion etc. 

But if beer is your choice, something with body ... Personally love IPAs 

• Hydration 1

45 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Phew!

Reward your goal ‘tender now, lads!! 

OT for the win ‘Nucks - start an enormous ball of hope & fun rolling! 

That they did! 
Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’!!! 

32 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Lol, they aren’t making the playoffs pal. I get the energy first game back but all these points will worsen our drafting position when we get bounced

Who cares, we won't win the draft and this draft has very little separation in the top 16.

He'll the LHD from Sweden who has drawn some pretty hefty praise and comparisons, has gone from top 3-5/down to 20ish. A guy like Raty could slide out of the top 10, dido from Lambos and Brandt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I calculate we need about a 13-4-1 record to have a chance. Maybe lower if Montreal collapses.

Montreal is 4-6 in the month of April.  Also, they only play Ottawa 2 more times.  They may not even play .500 the rest of the year.  The Canucks would have to win the remaining games in hand and then play just above .500 the rest of the way and they would at least have a shot I think.  

30 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Really Deb? Take your emotions away and look at it logically. It’s not happening

Deep thinkers like you would prefer to lose because we’re not good enough to win? 

:picard:

Just now, -AJ- said:

Yeah, that record gives a little bit of room for improvement by MTL, but if they bounce back in a big way, it becomes nearly impossible.

I think it will fall on Price. Habs offence has been cold. Chiarot and Price coming back won’t help with that. 

Price has shown to have the capability to show up huge and carry them when they need it most.

If he can again we have no chance but if he falters there’s a shot. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

He hasn’t done anything to be resigned... 

We are going to lose a few players in the off season and Beagle may not be back.  Having an experienced player as a low cost option who can play a two way game is not a bad thing. He can also move up the line up in case of injuries. I know many fans want there personal favourites to play, but competition and earning ice time makes everyone work that much harder in the off season. I would take him over the Covid spreader any day.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Montreal is 4-6 in the month of April.  Also, they only play Ottawa 2 more times.  They may not even play .500 the rest of the year.  The Canucks would have to win the remaining games in hand and then play just above .500 the rest of the way and they would at least have a shot I think.  

Possibly, but I don't think we can count on Montreal continuing to falter that badly. They will likely pick it up again at least somewhat. I based my estimation on their current point percentage and gave us a bit of breathing room. I would think it to be pretty optimistic to expect them to finish the rest of the year (10+ games) below .500, especially if they get Price back.

• Sad 1

• -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic