The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

So much more enjoyable with a real drink haha :bigblush:

Love me a cold Moscow mule, whiskey sour, old fashion etc. 

But if beer is your choice, something with body ... Personally love IPAs 

I do love a good IPA. i believe the last one I was really enjoying was goose ?

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, BCNate said:

10 points out,  4 games in hand.  Not saying we get in,  but I think things could get interesting.

19 games in 32 days for a team well-below peak health is a diabolical road to travel. Gotta be realistic about all of this. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Possibly, but I don't think we can count on Montreal continuing to falter that badly. They will likely pick it up again at least somewhat. I based my estimation on their current point percentage and gave us a bit of breathing room. I would think it to be pretty optimistic to expect them to finish the rest of the year (10+ games) below .500, especially if they get Price back.

Price came back and OTT shut them out 4-0 last night.   MTL is an enigma.  Could be the Easts version of Vegas but are not.   Taking away the series we played against them, they haven't really done well this year.    Maybe them just barely slipping into the play-ins last season is closer to where they really are then all the improvements over the summer - somewhere in the middle i mean.   Like 16.    Seems that way anyways...we could catch them. 

• Cheers 1

Great win by the boys. This was done with almost half of our regulars missing and it feels really good. Bo was instrumental notching a pair of goals. Hogz got the game tying goal. Holtby was fantastic and made big saves when we needed it most. Most importantly, we got the win. Hope we build off this! GCG!

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, that record gives a little bit of room for improvement by MTL, but if they bounce back in a big way, it becomes nearly impossible.

Never cheered for the oilers in my life,  but if they win the two against the Habs this week,  they will be under some real pressure.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Possibly, but I don't think we can count on Montreal continuing to falter that badly. They will likely pick it up again at least somewhat. I based my estimation on their current point percentage and gave us a bit of breathing room. I would think it to be pretty optimistic to expect them to finish the rest of the year (10+ games) below .500, especially if they get Price back.

Price played the last game.  They got destroyed 4-0 by Ottawa and he let in 3 goals on 14 shots.  

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Price played the last game.  They got destroyed 4-0 by Ottawa and he let in 3 goals on 14 shots.  

Yeah, I wasn't aware. Hopefully he keeps struggling. It would go a huge way towards our chances.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

19 games in 32 days for a team well-below peak health is a diabolical road to travel. Gotta be realistic about all of this. 

Mtl plays 15 games in the same span,  it’s not like our schedule is that much worse.  Some guys will be negatively impacted by the layoff for sure,  but some will also be rested and fully healthy.

like I said,  they probably don’t get in,  but it’s far from impossible.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Do you mean gose (I think) aka a sour beer. 

I do like sour beer but usually too lite on the alcohol % 

If I am having beer, I want flavour

Good call

no, its goose IPA. most likely a edmonton thing, we are home to many different craft beers.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Now 18 games in 31 days for a team that has one under the belt and looked pretty good...that's a little better no?