The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Before Myers detractors could type wtf for carrying the puck out of the Leafs zone in OT, he turns around and puts the puck on Bo’s tape for the gwg. 

Plus he played 30 minutes tonight.

If he can play that way more often, then he is a keeper. 

He was rock solid in the bubble other than some soft penalties.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Before Myers detractors could type wtf for carrying the puck out of the Leafs zone in OT, he turns around and puts the puck on Bo’s tape for the gwg. 

He was the best on our team D in +/- last I checked, and getting the toughest assignments (D starts, PK, and minutes).

He passed my eye test.. for whatever that's worth. He's a great skater, a great passer, and a great physical force. Like all big dudes, he tends to have problem with the puck in his feet. As for the naysayers, well, people just talk $&!# all the time. I've been frustrated at times with his play, but hell, I'd never say he's an anchor or anything at that contract. Dude's one of a kind in the league for what he brings once Chara retires. Imagine him and Tram as our 2nd pairing? Mmmmmmmm.. shades of '94 with our towers on D. I really hope Tram comes back, just for a sniff. He had some super potential, in fact he and Myers have nearly an identical skill set. As for Tyler, one thing I've noticed with him is that he's best when the pressure's on. Like most players, he does take games off, where he not as noticeable, and God forbid that he has a bad game. He's healthy, well rested, and now he's also THE guy. Prediction: Myers is gonna beast it up for the rest of this season.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 points back, 4 games in hand against Ottawa, this could be close.

Hell of a game by the Canucks, they didn't look as rusty as I expected, big minutes for Hughes as well.

Nothing much to say but Holtby and Horvat stole this one with pure clutch performances. Let's hope they can keep this attitude going because if we want a chance, we can't just afford a let down after this.

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Lol. Well put. During that play I was seriously wtf'ing, but that pass was gold.

One thing I've come to realize with Myers is that he's kinda like Hasek in that he looks super awkward out there and makes odd plays sometimes, but in the end, often gets the job done. Biggest difference (besides the many obvious ones) is that Hasek did it with consistency and Myers is off and on. A Myers on his game truly can be effective.

2 hours ago, xereau said:

He was the best on our team D in +/- last I checked, and getting the toughest assignments (D starts, PK, and minutes).

He passed my eye test.. for whatever that's worth. He's a great skater, a great passer, and a great physical force. Like all big dudes, he tends to have problem with the puck in his feet. As for the naysayers, well, people just talk $&!# all the time. I've been frustrated at times with his play, but hell, I'd never say he's an anchor or anything at that contract. Dude's one of a kind in the league for what he brings once Chara retires. Imagine him and Tram as our 2nd pairing? Mmmmmmmm.. shades of '94 with our towers on D. I really hope Tram comes back, just for a sniff. He had some super potential, in fact he and Myers have nearly an identical skill set. As for Tyler, one thing I've noticed with him is that he's best when the pressure's on. Like most players, he does take games off, where he not as noticeable, and God forbid that he has a bad game. He's healthy, well rested, and now he's also THE guy. Prediction: Myers is gonna beast it up for the rest of this season.

one thing that will greatly help, is just not having to play 6 minutes a night with gaudette. one of gaudettes main defensive/offensive roles was grinding in the corners. 

I cant wait till were healthy and we form

Vesey Sutter Virtanen, he's definitely going to improve our possession metrics on that line.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Bo plays when the chips are down.  Tonight, playoffs.  When needed.

Miller did a great thing speaking out and some people think he should be the Captain and yes he could be. But no.  Bo is our Captain and is a great young leader. He will hoist the cup for us! 

A team full of characters, it bodes well for the furure. This game was so much like the play off team last year. When the chips were down, the boys fought back against all the odd. Bring it on. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am pretty non biased when it comes to stuff like that and even I noticed it. 

Miller got a penalty and the commentators talked about how it was a slash, etc. and later Matthews did literally the exact same thing (no penalty ofc) and they said it was a fantastic stick lift. Not to mention some fantastic saves by Holtby got the ho hum treatment while a shot he didn't even see hitting the knob of Campbell's stick has them saying it was a piece of his equipment he used to male the save, like he &^@#ing planned it all out.

It was pretty bad tonight.

LOL, all i can think about is that lady doing a whole segment on how courageous Nylander was for returning to play after a 14 day break from hockey, he didn't even have covid. then they interviewed him and had the nerve to ask how he was handling the break from play.

I think after the interview hughson piped up and reminded the viewers, he did not have the virus

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

It reminds me of when Edler got suspended for hitting Hertl up high. He doesn’t really go out of his way to hit the guy, but he doesn’t do anything to avoid it. He didn’t really do anything malicious. Thought it was weird when they were showing examples of kneeing on the broadcast, none of which were similar to what eagle did. 

Agree with you there.  Honestly i didn’t see a knee sticking out on that play. Eddie just stayed  on course rather than trying to avoid. had Hyman not moved, that’s just body on body collision. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2