The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I've looked at it several times. It's not like Edler actually stuck it out... he just didn't pull it in. Objectively, I don't think this is suspension worthy. 

Same, also they should factor in the timing issue of being sick and not playing for a month. It was a brain fart, nothing else.

Love Nylander’s comments that it was dirty. What a loser 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

30 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I just spent a few minutes looking at Leafs Twitter and fans are up in arms over the hit and the lack of pushback. I could only find a few that weren’t full of NSFW language. Surprisingly there was a lot of “there won’t be any suspension cause it was against the Leafs,”  feeling oh so hard done by.

FEAE7117-2924-46D9-BF13-21DEF1E80641.jpeg

They were too demoralized from having such subpar goaltending.:lol:

13 hours ago, Slegr said:

Could you imagine if the Habs end up with one more point than us at the end of the year? I think back to that one game where the refs (one from Quebec) were so horribly calling the Canucks game vs. the Habs game where they missed a high stick causing Myers to go down with a big cut, then Habs tie it up with like a minute left, giving the Habs an undeserved point before we beat them in OT.

There were two games, that one and the one after it, where the refs blew it again, helped the Habs tie, and they went on to win OT or SO.  Canucks should have had 4 pts and the Habs none, but we each ended up with 3.

I wonder if that moron ref ever apologized to Rooster for penalizing him for the Hab player who fell over all by himself.  Turns out Rooster knew exactly what he did.

12 hours ago, xereau said:

Not a repeat offender according to the letter of the law, however.

What he did in the past will have zero bearing on whatever the DOP(e)S decide.

giphy.gif

Talk about playing with words (not you but the DoPS in general). He's been suspended before and that will have an impact on his judgment. He is a repeat offender, even though his past 18 months (and the vast majority of his career as well) have been clean as a whistle. 

13 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Some will try to convince us that it was better to lose tonight and focus on a pick.  I say these pictures tell the real story...these types of wins bond a team and makes them harder to play against down the road because they've been through the war together.

Tell me again how this win "hurts" us?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Aww, Deb, that's easy to explain.

Under the assumption that our shared hopes don't materialize and we miss the playoffs, this win might have cost us a place or two in the standings, letting some other teams draft before us, taking players that JB ranked lower than the one he would draft anyway. :towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Aww, Deb, that's easy to explain.

Under the assumption that our shared hopes don't materialize and we miss the playoffs, this win might have cost us a place or two in the standings, letting some other teams draft before us, taking players that JB ranked lower than the one he would draft anyway. :towel:

we're not going to be bad enough for a top 5 pick, so the team might as well go for it and play as well as they can and land somewhere between 11 and 17. No one has enough scouting information this year to make any meaningful BPA ranking in that range anyway. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, stawns said:

Edler's trajectory never changes......he's on the same track from the moment he lines Hyman up.  It's Hyman who changes position to avoid being hit.

He'll likely get suspended, but it's just another move to remove hitting from a game.  No different than the player who makes a sudden turn back against the flow and gets hit from behind.  Hyman put himself in a dangerous situation rather than just taking a hit

Who skates with their knee out like that lol. What's the purpose of it. Cant be efficient.