The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, Darth Canuck said:

When the Leafs media starts to crank out the “Edler is a villain” and “oh no Hyman is injured” crap, take a look at what Hyman did the previous game against the Jets. 

What’s worse, a 2 handed stick swing to a players head, or an accidental knee to knee? Oh, the holier than thou crowd....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/hyman-gets-penalty-aggressive-high-stick-pionk/

Hyman should get 10 games, plus another 5  for every one the Edler gets.  What a BS play.

Love how he cowers after the whistle went, too.  Edit: of course, that was a decent slash he took, so maybe he gets a pass for the collapse.

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Bertorama said:

Holtby ! Man we needed you to find some game, this season his confidence has been lost, so that was Great to see, maybe this reset has helped him find some mojo.  Hopefully that type of game gives the whole team some confidence in the upcoming battles regardless of who's back there. 

Horvat comes up clutch. A statement game for him showcasing why he's wearing the C. 

Proud of the Canucks tonight not for the win but for the level of compete and give a Sh!t they all showcased, even a notch higher than last season's playoffs considering who they were missing from the roster tonight and playing the number one team in the division...... oh yeah and not to mention the Covid!!

Bravo Canucks !

love it! 

The 

The thing about Holtby that I think doesn't get mentioned enough is he's being judged entirely on the first 19 games of the season where the whole team is to blame. Demko got lit up as well.

Yes Demko has recovered but the team in front was much better as well. This is only the 2nd game he's played after backing up Demko and according to Ian they were in the process of fixing a major flaw. His last start against the Habs he was also good in a game the nucks played like the first 19 games. 

All I can say is tho most likely not happening this season, a this tandem has the proven ability to shine under the pressure of the playoffs.  Demko has done it at every level and Hotlby has the ring to prove it 

Jack seems like a really great guy and teammate but like Marky doesn't have the head space and Freddie isn't much better.

This is one of the reasons I think Vegas may win it this season. With such a condensed schedule and injuries possible they have 2 #1s if Grubs or vassy struggle the Avs and TB are done.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Who skates with their knee out like that lol. What's the purpose of it. Cant be efficient.

Not only that, you can watch the angle of his skate change to impede Hyman. It was 100% illegal.

For the record, I love Edler and don’t think it was malicious, but you can’t do that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Who skates with their knee out like that lol. What's the purpose of it. Cant be efficient.

I agree the knee juts out, but the timeline of that is, literally, a quarter of a second.  That's instinct reacting to Hyman changing course at the last instant.

I think of anyone is at fault for injury, it's Hyman on Edler. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree the knee juts out, but the timeline of that is, literally, a quarter of a second.  That's instinct reacting to Hyman changing course at the last instant.

this is why I don’t think it was malicious. 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think of anyone is at fault for injury, it's Hyman on Edler. 

I don’t think it’s fair to go that far. It’s pretty common for players to try and ‘jump’ around each other.... it’s never okay to stick out the knee. Even if it’s reactionary (which I think it was in this case), it could end a guys career. 

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

this is why I don’t think it was malicious. 

I don’t think it’s fair to go that far. It’s pretty common for players to try and ‘jump’ around each other.... it’s never okay to stick out the knee. Even if it’s reactionary (which I think it was in this case), it could end a guys career. 

He could have ended Elders career with that move, he should have taken the hit.  Instead he endangered them both

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

He could have ended Elders career with that move, he should have taken the hit.  Instead he endangered them both

I don't see it. Puck carrier trying to hop around an incoming checker. Edler keeps his same trajectory without sticking out the knee to impede and play probably goes on, Hyman maybe gets tripped up lower in the leg (I'd have to watch the video again). 

Edit: went back and watched it again. If Edler doesn't change the angle of his skate last second the worst that happens is they lock ankles.  

Edited by J-Dizzle

54 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Futurama Squinting GIF've looked at it several times. It's not like Edler actually stuck it out... he just didn't pull it in. Objectively, I don't think this is suspension worthy. 

If you replay that actual 3 second clip and turn up the volume quite high on your device/tv, you'll hear he Farted (you can actually see smoke coming out if you have an 8K TV) and was likely just stretching to allow a clean release.   So I don't think it was intentional, rather more like passing gas after eating at  Aqua-lini's Mexican restaurant! 

Funny Cats Farting | Funny cat photos, Funny cats, Funny animal pictures

Edited by RU SERIOUS

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Sucks for Hyman and Edler will likely get some kind of slap on the wrist but the attempts to paint Edler as some kind of dirty player are hilarious.

Having watched most of his 900 games I wish he played with more of an edge. Jesus. 

But haven't you heard?  This time, Jeebus fights back!

• Haha 1