The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, bree2 said:

and JT  Miller isn't a pro? i think he just told it like it is!

The point people are making is if people are still sick then ya don't play, that's why we have expanded rosters. The Oilers and flames their schedules compressed because our team got covid. If and I emphasize if, we have enough players healthy the games should go on. The only way to get the rust out is to play, and any player who isn't well should sit and if that means we can't ice a team then by all means we shouldn't play. To me it just sounds like some people don't  want them to play because of the quality of the team that will be iced, we are not the only team that has gone through that.

Well i guess as per Dreger, the nhlpa, nhl, the Canucks org and the medical doctors will decide after tomorrow whether they deem it safe to play or not. my thoughts are that it shouldn't have taken JT Miller to bring this up, but great on him and his honesty. the league should have been more aware !!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Agreed. Every player knew this was a potential scenario and by all accounts, the issue seems to be more with rust vs lingering symptoms. They should just dumb down the game and trap the crap out of the Oilers. 

The Devils Sabres and Stars all had similar situations and they came back and played.

I mean it sucks but not playing reminds me of that kid we all played street hockey with who owned a net and would sulk and take it away.

I get where JT is coming from but I wish he wouldn't have come out and said that, I feel like thinking that is fine but outwards he should have just said were gonna go out and keep it simple till we get our legs back. Not trying to start a whole thing just don't recall other team's saying things publicly.

Keep in mind as well that because of one of our players getting Covid, teams like the Oilers and flames had their schedules affected in a negative way. As long as they are medically cleared players just gotta bite the bullet as much as it sucks.

And hey if we win that's a hell of a confidence boost.

Wrong.

NJ came back and played every OTHER day for a month.  Their first back to back after their return?  Over 5 weeks later.

Sabres:  Were only 10 games into the season when they were hit.  Much different.  They returned to a back to back, sure.  Their schedule was a little more comparable...but not "down the stretch" as teams are in full gear and game shape.  Jump right in?  They hadn't already been THROUGH a hell schedule like the Canucks have.

Stars:  same (February)...and their March schedule was every other day...no back to backs.  12 of their 17 games in March were at home.

And none of these teams had the gruelling start to the season that the Canucks had.  They were eased in a little more so hitting the grind isn't their second go round.  

Other teams have NOT endured this.  

I'm glad he said it...someone had to.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The point people are making is if people are still sick then ya don't play, that's why we have expanded rosters. The Oilers and flames their schedules compressed because our team got covid. If and I emphasize if, we have enough players healthy the games should go on. The only way to get the rust out is to play, and any player who isn't well should sit and if that means we can't ice a team then by all means we shouldn't play. To me it just sounds like some people don't  want them to play because of the quality of the team that will be iced, we are not the only team that has gone through that.

We're the only team to have the hard hitting variant that ripped through the team as far as I understand.

It's quite different.  The numbers back that up.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wrong.

NJ came back and played every OTHER day for a month.  Their first back to back after their return?  Over 5 weeks later.

Sabres:  Were only 10 games into the season when they were hit.  Much different.  They returned to a back to back, sure.  Their schedule was a little more comparable...but not "down the stretch" as teams are in full gear and game shape.  Jump right in?  They hadn't already been THROUGH a hell schedule like the Canucks have.

Stars:  same (February)...and their March schedule was every other day...no back to backs.  12 of their 17 games in March were at home.

And none of these teams had the gruelling start to the season that the Canucks had.  They were eased in a little more so hitting the grind isn't their second go round.  

Other teams have NOT endured this.  

I'm glad he said it...someone had to.  

My point was having multiple players sitting out and having taxi and AHL players filling in.

I agree we have been boned by the schedule.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

We're the only team to have the hard hitting variant that ripped through the team as far as I understand.

It's quite different.  The numbers back that up.

Again I'm not saying anyone who still sick should play.

I'm saying if we can ice a healthy lineup regardless of how crappy that lineup might be we should play. This was agreed upon and is the reason for expanded rosters. If that's determined to be not possible obviously the game shouldn't happen. 

Do I wanna see a bunch of newbs and fodder playing? No I want to win but this was a chance every team took and unlike some teams that got sick from other team's this was our own player who infected the whole team.

Accident or not the rules are the same for every team and was agreed upon by both sides. 

Of this was the Oilers and they had Mcdrai and Smith and  3 or 4 more guys out we would be saying play on and replace the sick with whatever scrubs they have healthy. Again I can't be more clear, I'm not advocating for sick players to play. Players with rust is not a legit excuse, sorry I just don't agree with the majority hear.

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well said.  The last player we had to call the league out was Burr and we've been treated to Kelly Sutherland rigging our games ever since.  What Miller did took balls, especially since the league's misconduct has made it very clear that player safety is not a priority.  Benning would have been focused mostly on the trade deadline, although he's never struck me as someone who'll publicly expose the NHL's corruption like Burkie would.

For sure... and great reminder about Burr.  

haha and yeah that wasn’t meant to pump up Benning - he’s no Burkie for moments like these.  I defend the guy more than most but honestly, he’s not the guy we want articulating this to the media.  Same with Aquaman.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Again I'm not saying anyone who still sick should play.

I'm saying if we can ice a healthy lineup regardless of how crappy that lineup might be we should play. This was agreed upon and is the reason for expanded rosters. If that's determined to be not possible obviously the game shouldn't happen. 

Do I wanna see a bunch of newbs and fodder playing? No I want to win but this was a chance every team took and unlike some teams that got sick from other team's this was our own player who infected the whole team.

Accident or not the rules are the same for every team and was agreed upon by both sides. 

Of this was the Oilers and they had Mcdrai and Smith and  3 or 4 more guys out we would be saying play on and replace the sick with whatever scrubs they have healthy. Again I can't be more clear, I'm not advocating for sick players to play. Players with rust is not a legit excuse, sorry I just don't agree with the majority hear.

COVID "rust" is different than lay off rust.  The doctors will decide...seems that's logical course of action in the workplace.

28 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

there are definately lingering symptoms. Sutter was excessively sick and Hughes had to have iv and lost weight. There are likely more...

I would NOT be surprised if all of them got IV.

I personally would 100% get it if i got Covid.

When i used to train lots ive used it for vitamims. I have friends who took it after tourmaments.. pretty common even to rehydrate healthy atheletes after a very hard sports tournamemt.

It just rehydrates you and provides nutrition. You can add vitamins to it also..  instead of running right thru ur system if you have diarrhea of fever you take it directly into the veins

You can also get it if you went on a couple days or more bender.. its good for the body to rehydrate and nutritional intake.

I know a Doctor he used to do it for us when we trained. His shop is like 5 mins from my house. He also does lots MMA fighters before fights.

Any one can go get it if interested just google it. Lots of places around. 

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

SOOO good.  

I'm burning through it...it's one of those easy to read books that you don't want to put down.  He's a great story teller...very candid.  I'm at the part where he just picked up Bure and drove him through the border to avoid the press upon his arrival.  Love reading about his close relationship with Pat.  And how he talks about how he, himself, wasn't a great player.  I'm really enjoying it.

I highly recommend it.  But I'm totally into hockey books (Of Ice and Men and Money Players are two other good ones).  I also have Roger Nielsen's....started it last summer but it drags a bit for me. 

right on ima burkie fan, even though i like too rag on his hair lol, think im gunna order it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Loved it.  Read it in about 2 days; there is a lot of Canucks content.  I've always been a fan of his direct, honest approach and it comes across very clearly in the book.

Haha, yep.....started it yesterday and will likely be finished tomorrow.  Sat at the beach last night and read it.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

When i used to train lots ive used it for vitamims. I have friends who took it after tourmaments.. pretty common even to rehydrate healthy atheletes after a very hard sports tournamemt.

It just rehydrates you and provides nutrition. You can add vitamins to it also..  instead of running right thru ur system if you have diarrhea of fever you take it directly into the veins

You can also get it if you went on a couple days or more bender.. its good for the body to rehydrate and nutritional intake.

I know a Doctor he used to do it for us when we trained. His shop is like 5 mins from my house. He also does lots MMA fighters before fights.

Does he do IV beer?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

did you mention this ina different thread or something, i swear im having deja-vu...but yeah i could of used an IV after some nucks games.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2