The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

image.thumb.png.e9730450147b30d290fb1e9f27d566bb.png

Never forget. This city is no stranger to being underdogs! 

Anyways hopefully the meeting tomorrow  gets them to fix our schedule and spread things out more. 

If not... David versus Goliath time! 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

did you mention this ina different thread or something, i swear im having deja-vu...but yeah i could of used an IV after some nucks games.

Yes i did when our team first got covid. Reports of players getting IV therapy were going around so i made a similar post then. Responded to this poster who seems concerned Quinn got IV..

Personally i would guess most of them if not all got IV therapy.. 

If i had that level of care for sure id ask for it.. team would send someone over to your house put you on the drip. Couple hours later you're feeling a lot better.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Will Miller's candid comments create changes to Canucks schedule?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/will-millers-candid-comments-create-changes-canucks-schedule/

Why didn’t the Canucks consult with their players before agreeing to the schedule?  Wouldn’t Horvat be involved as the Canucks’ NHLPA representative? 

From the article:  

The biggest surprise about Miller’s comments is that the schedule was put together in consultation with the NHL, the NHLPA and the Canucks. Medical professionals from all three sides were involved. There should be multi-lateral agreement on the correct path.

Edited by mll

the schedule was put together in consultation with the NHL, the NHLPA and the Canucks. Medical professionals from all three sides were involve"

Ive been saying all day that those who cant go wait a couple of days the rest of team start .

Canucks medical staff agreed NHLPA medical staff agreed and NHL medical staff agreed and the Canucks Team agreed to start playing.

If Miller doesnt want to play he can wait..

All this doom and gloom all day like they're being sent the Gulag in Siberia at gunpoint.

Over reaction much or what.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 2

Rathbone has 9 points in 8 games. He is a plus 6.

Gad has 11 goals in 13 games.

Two young players that Jim needs to make room for in the near future. At least give a shot to.

Hopefully Lind and OJ get time this year.

These players show why every draft pick is important.  If this club can get to the point where they are continually supplying quality players from within.  Then they will always be able to have  their cap structure under control. 

How well a team drafts and develops young talent is so important.  

I would love to see their farm team set up in Canada. Close to home.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Rathbone has 9 points in 8 games. He is a plus 6.

Gad has 11 goals in 13 games.

Two young players that Jim needs to make room for in the near future. At least give a shot to.

Hopefully Lind and OJ get time this year.

These players show why every draft pick is important.  If this club can get to the point where they are continually supplying quality players from within.  Then they will always be able to have  their cap structure under control. 

How well a team drafts and develops young talent is so important.  

I would love to see their farm team set up in Canada. Close to home.

Gad and Lind are part of why Gauds and his moron wife were dealt.  

Can see Gad and Lind giving us a Juice, Burr, Kes element down the road.  This team will be hard to play against soon.

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This is going to be ugly, Oilers in their prime against a team that is basically playing with no practice and no energy .

6-1 Oilers.

Demko is going to get battered, good luck to him.

This game could be like the first game of a beer league for the Canucks. The Coilers are playing in mid-season form, and have arguably two of the best players in the World coming at them. Ugly, might be a good way to describe this debacle. Top it off, they get a back to back.

I think the NHL will enforce the schedule.   Then it will be up to the Canucks to field a team to play.   Whether that be NHLers or AHLers or whatever.  It's up to the Canucks to put whatever team on the ice.  Or perhaps forfeit is an option. 

NHL has no obligations to accommodate the Canucks.  It's not the league's fault the whole team got sick.  Look at the other 30 teams.  Some had a few cases but none as bad as us.

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Meh. Comets went through the same thing. They seem to be doing just fine. As did other teams in the league.

Except the variant appears to be hitting young people a lot harder and it's not quite the same.   This thing ripped through the team and we had a schedule that NO other team had leading up to it...to expect them to jump right back in and resume things at playoff push pace is a little unreasonable.

Other teams had this in February, when starting out and teams weren't fully up to game speed and intensity.

People who say "it's the same" aren't looking at all the facts to see it's a bit different.  This team is depleted, completely, and the pace at which they're being pushed to get back in is unreasonable.  Other teams have a back to back with games spaced 22 hours apart as they're "opener" after being sick?

I have written off this season and any games played are just about survival for me.   And bringing guys up to let them play but not expecting great results at this pont.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, coolboarder said:

I agree.. Let's throw in DiPietro in for a few games, like 1 out of 5 games while Demko and Holtby split the duties so that they'd be kept fresh, that way, they'd play 2 games a week.  I'd keep Petterson, Boeser, Miller, Hughes, Schmidt out for any  back-to-back games to keep them fresh as well.   Let's chalk up some guaranteed losses and save their health for next season.  At this point,  if I'm GM and the owner, I'm looking ahead to next season. And plan the line-up and throw in the kids to play a bit more games to see where they are at.  

exactly. Anyone whines about "tanking" can go for coffee, this is about keeping the players safe. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Except the variant appears to be hitting young people a lot harder and it's not quite the same.   This thing ripped through the team and we had a schedule that NO other team had leading up to it...to expect them to jump right back in and resume things at playoff push pace is a little unreasonable.

Other teams had this in February, when starting out and teams weren't fully up to game speed and intensity.

People who say "it's the same" aren't looking at all the facts to see it's a bit different.  This team is depleted, completely and the pace at which they're being pushed to get back in is unreasonable.  Other teams have a back to back with games spaced 22 hours apart as they're "opener" after being sick?

K

Players have a choice to play. Miller and any other player can forfeit their salary if they dont feel comfortable. I guess hes not that concerned if he elects to play. I refuse to play the blame game here. The cards are all on the table. 

Play or dont play.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1