When?

And

When?

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, gurn said:

When?

And

When?

" the schedule was put together in consultation with the NHL, the NHLPA and the Canucks. Medical professionals from all three sides were involve"

+ also Dr Bovards interview alongside Jim reiterates how much top end care these guys are getting. If the doctors don't see them fit, they won't play. 

It's pretty simple. Nothing for us to get flustered over and spread toxic energy. 

They are going to be evaluated shortly today too. If there's any health concerns they'll postpone the game. 

This is not a big deal. The Canucks will come out from this. 

I refuse to spread toxicity and anxiety. The doctors are handling it.

Be calm. Be kind. Spread love. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, apollo said:

" the schedule was put together in consultation with the NHL, the NHLPA and the Canucks. Medical professionals from all three sides were involve"

+ also Dr Bovards interview alongside Jim reiterates how much top end care these guys are getting. If the doctors don't see them fit, they won't play. 

It's pretty simple. Nothing for us to get flustered over and spread toxic energy. 

They are going to be evaluated shortly today too. If there's any health concerns they'll postpone the game. 

That doesn't mean in any way or form that they have been cleared to play, only that they no longer have covid-19.

The evaluation for whether they are cleared to play is happening this morning.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is all we need to know instead of arguing with one another and pounding alarm bells. 

Imagine you had kids in a household... Would u prefer to preach them calm and patience during this time? Or constant panic instead? What works better? 

The NHL is a multi billion $ league with countless medical professionals involved. The 11:15 tests will show if we can play this weekend or need some postponing. 

I see 0 reasons to ring alarm bells and pretend like the world is ending. 

Our boys have the best care in the world. These doctors don't mess around with peasants like us... They focus on our team instead of having 20,000 patients like our family doctors. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
22 minutes ago, poetica said:

I don't get people saying the team has full control over who plays. Did we do away with the salary cap system and no longer have to meet the basement? Do we have an unlimited number of players on the roster and can easily get players from Utica here on command? If they have to ice a team, how many options do they actually have?

This isn't a few players, it's a significant portion of our team who are still recovering and/or who feel unsafe playing right now. Add to that such a rough, condensed schedule that will require them to play more games in fewer days than the rest of the league and even the healthy ones are almost certain to get injured. They're a depleted team being demanded to perform more with less. And for what? We're not making the playoffs and we'll still slip 5 spots in the draft lottery.

If you want to argue that bigger things are going on, I'll agree. Bigger things are going on so call the Canucks' season, figure out a fair way to distribute the missing points and move on.

I believe we/every team has 8 extra skaters (with taxi squad) so every single player could sit every second or third game to alleviate the tight schedule and layoff concerns. They just have to be used. This is what I'm assuming the league's expectation is. That's why the squads were created. 

I would for sure be doing a full swap of 8 every game if possible to begin with. I don't actually know for sure if this is doable according to cap rules but I'm sure we qualify for the emergency exemption.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
25 minutes ago, apollo said:

Again...LEARN THE DIFFERENCE between facts and fear mongering / toxicity!!!!!  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

I am pretty sure J.T. Miller knows a whole lot more than anyone here about whether or not there is any need for concern.  And from pretty much everything he said yesterday, he does.

One of the more severe symptoms of COVID is blood clots. It would be devastating for everybody involved if a player stroked out or had an embolism during the game.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

sounds like the players were not evaluated, just shown they were not positive, so today they are having the proper medical evaluations, about time, and good on Miller for bringing this to the forefront!!!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

One of the more severe symptoms of COVID is blood clots. It would be devastating for everybody involved if a player stroked out or had an embolism during the game.

Yes,that's another big difference; ie common knowledge and understanding of previous covid19 patients may be different with the Brazilian variant p1 that went through our team. Not a lot is known about these variants. The effects may be different. I have young family members in their 20s 30s who had a bad flu for a week and were cleared for work with regular covid. The difference here is our team being professional athletes and their heart and lung effects. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

He probably isn’t but why do I feel like Jeremy Jacobs is pressuring the league to force the Canucks to play. 

That man would have his hands in a 5 year olds piggybank if he could 

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I believe we/every team has 8 extra skaters (with taxi squad) so every single player could sit every second or third game to alleviate the tight schedule and layoff concerns. They just have to be used. This is what I'm assuming the league's expectation is. That's why the squads were created. 

I would for sure be doing a full swap of 8 every game if possible to begin with. I don't actually know for sure if this is doable according to cap rules but I'm sure we qualify for the emergency exemption.

Assuming the list I saw is up-to-date, we have 7 players who are out due to injury, illness, or required quarantine. (Pettersson, Bowey, Pearson, Schmidt, Virtanen, Hoglander, and Hawryluk.) And that doesn't include any who might still feel unable to play or feel unsafe playing who aren't on that list. That means we don't have 8 players to swap out. Even if we could ice a full team, we wouldn't have enough to allow for much rotation as the tightened schedule continues. And just a couple of injuries (which seem exceedingly likely given that the guys are being expected to play more hockey while not even game ready against teams that have been playing) could mean we don't have a full roster.

1 minute ago, poetica said:

Assuming the list I saw is up-to-date, we have 7 players who are out due to injury, illness, or required quarantine. (Pettersson, Bowey, Pearson, Schmidt, Virtanen, Hoglander, and Hawryluk.) And that doesn't include any who might still feel unable to play or feel unsafe playing who aren't on that list. That means we don't have 8 players to swap out. Even if we could ice a full team, we wouldn't have enough to allow for much rotation as the tightened schedule continues. And just a couple of injuries (which seem exceedingly likely given that the guys are being expected to play more hockey while not even game ready against teams that have been playing) could mean we don't have a full roster.

No, you're right, at the start it might be tough to get that full 26 healthy choices. No one said it would be easy going. I would play the fittest 18 in the first game, and then swap out as many as possible. I think that second game on Saturday would be the toughest. However, I have heard Petey, and Pearson, are ready to go and in addition Schmidt, Virtanen, Hoglander(? might be one more day), and Hawryluk, should be a go on Saturday for the subs. We should have all 8 by Monday but those 8 don't need to be cleared Friday if they aren't playing.

I agree the first 2 games will be extremely tough but after that swapping every one out every third game would only mean 13 games in 31 days for all the players. That's doable!

As far as Bowey, and Hightower, they are in quarantine until Monday/Tuesday.

20 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

JT up now:

They asked him how ready he feels (as a fortunate member who was not on the protocol list)

He said not ready at all.  Has had a couple of skates to try to get ready.  Legs obviously won't be there.  Can't speak for those who've had COVID...it'll be tough for them.

His main priority has been to stay healthy and keep his family healthy.

Said hopefully once they get going the competitive juices will get flowing again and help carry them.

He said even for him, without covid, his lungs are screaming when he skates...that it's going to be tough going up against two really tough/ready teams on Friday/Saturday.

His reaction to the schedule:  "not ideal but we have a job to do"

Cardiac screening for those coming out of protocol...but even those cleared, does he still worry about them being thrown into this schedule.  "That's all I worry about and it's kind of frustrating.  Number one priority is player's health and it's hard to achieve that".

Just focused on what he can control and, if they are playing Friday, playing a good game for his team.

Risk of long hauling/schedule a concern?   19 games in 31 days, 6 back to backs....should you be playing?.   "A hard question....I don't know.  A lot of moving parts.  It's unfortunate that they're in a scenario like this but it's their job.  Feels like it's a very high hurdle to jump over...reluctant to say much, but hinted that there isn't enough time to prepare for the schedule that's been drawn up".

Good for him; No BS just telling it like it is.  Money makes the world go round unfortunately the league sets by example.  Nobody should have any expectations from the Canucks tonight.  In my view this is just a chance to give the younger guys a shot.

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

I am pretty sure J.T. Miller knows a whole lot more than anyone here about whether or not there is any need for concern.  And from pretty much everything he said yesterday, he does.

Yes, definitely go with J.T.

• Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic