The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

31 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

Oh, shut up. Quit spewing this garbage. I'm sick and tired of you annoying Bennng haters using this Covid situation to blame Benning even further. What the hell is wrong with you? I don't know how you are not banned.

I have a theory about that. I have mentioned that I have heard media clowns from other markets spew some of our snivelling whiners points verbatim. It's almost a guarantee that our local media clowns come on here. The more immature  gullible of our fans are being played by scum like thomas dunce, jadee burke, sukurass and lice, and even that business of hockey moron from 1040. I'm not saying that all media are clowns but we do have a higher percentage than most.

I believe that these people get free passes and are not held to the same standards as actual fans. I still believe that Jason Botchford was the Guardian and we all know how much he used to troll the fanbase with no repercussions.

Just now, BCNate said:

We are 10 points behind MTL, and have 3 games in hand.  MTL has les than a .500 pt % against everyone other than us.  We are in no way out of this.  

With a healthy team definitely not out of it 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

pretty sad when all you want is for the Players to play for your pleasure, no thought at all about them and their health,  why do you even bother if you feel this way. 

Can you not read.

I want the GM to stand up and back his players or not even play ones that they feel are at risk.even if they are medically cleared.

we have young players a farm system that could have been used. Do you think one more day off is the solution, ten more days off... 

I want the GM to stand up and be the leader not the coward excuse making batch he’s become.

the coach and GM determine Ice time and who plays. It’s on them and if players don’t feel ready the support them.

I don’t want a season that’s a total loss to injure any player so play the kids snd taxi squad.

JB could have called up guys last Friday from Utica they’d be cleared and ready for tomorrow 

they’ve been playing we are in a situation that we will be in tough to be competitive regardless of the line up. 

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

We are 10 points behind MTL, and have 3 games in hand.  MTL has les than a .500 pt % against everyone other than us.  We are in no way out of this.  

If management believed they had a chance at all at the playoffs Benn wouldn’t have been gone for a pick. 

Petey isn’t back and their top d pairing in Edler-Schmidt aren’t cleared to return.

Not to $&!# on the parade but whatever games are left are only to try and make it out healthy for next season 

• Cheers 1

Just now, BCNate said:

Man i'd really love to believe we have a chance.   Who knows exactly how it will turn out, but it for sure would take some incredible minute management from the staff, and everyone digging super deep to make the show and not sure if we'd have much left in the tank by then.    These games already mean a lot more ....  but yes agree there is a path.  First off teams safely above us will rest players and use their back-ups.   MTL no longer has any skin in this we don't play them again.   Have 4 games left against OTT and start with a six game home stand.    Bad odds for us for sure. But this is hockey and stranger things have happened.   If it galvanizes the team and the coaching staff we still have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If another postponement means playing more games in less days, then I'm not sure if that's a good thing. They should really cancel the remaining 19 games.

Yeah, this is the worry. I don't see the NHL extending the season even more. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

If management believed they had a chance at all at the playoffs Benn wouldn’t have been gone for a pick. 

Petey isn’t back and their top d pairing in Edler-Schmidt aren’t cleared to return.

Not to $&!# on the parade but whatever games are left are only to try and make it out healthy for next season 

I don't think Benn is better then OJ. And EP is very close. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Can you not read.

I want the GM to stand up and back his players or not even play ones that they feel are at risk.even if they are medically cleared.

we have young players a farm system that could have been used. Do you think one more day off is the solution, ten more days off... 

I want the GM to stand up and be the leader not the coward excuse making batch he’s become.

the coach and GM determine Ice time and who plays. It’s on them and if players don’t feel ready the support them.

I don’t want a season that’s a total loss to injure any player so play the kids snd taxi squad.

JB could have called up guys last Friday from Utica they’d be cleared and ready for tomorrow 

they’ve been playing we are in a situation that we will be in tough to be competitive regardless of the line up. 

oh i can read!!!all you talked about is the players being wimps and playing victims. that is what i was referring to!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

With a healthy team definitely not out of it 

Just never do know.   Getting pissed and some extra time to heal ... things like this have never happened before, but it's often talked about how adversity is a breeding ground for greatness.   Hope the team gets them some of that. 

3 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Do you really believe that the difference between us making/missing is Jordie Benn?

EP, Schmidt and Edler will be back by the end of the weekend.

It's uphill for sure, but certainly not impossible.

We only play 3 more games than MTL from here on out, so the condensed nature of our schedule isn't a huge factor.

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source please???

I understood that it was a severe reaction to the AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccines that were causing blood clots in a very very few people. 

I've never heard of Blood Clots caused  by the virus it's self???? but what do i know, nada

IMHO opinion The league and NHLPA should have delayed the Canucks start until players called up from Utica have cleared their 7 day quarantine. 

Google Nick Cordero.

He had blood clots in his leg. Treated with blood thinners but that ended up causing internal bleeding. Had to amputate his leg.  And even then he died due to Covid-19.   This was before vaccines were available. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, bree2 said:

oh i can read!!!all you talked about is the players being wimps and playing victims. that is what i was referring to!

No I didn’t say that at all.not even once.

the fans and management keep playing that role.

What JT did was great.

it’s on the coaches snd mangers to defend and stand to do what’s best for the players  just like Gillis did for manny.

the nhl doesn’t control who JB dresses or how much ice time green gives guys. 
it’s on them it shouldn’t be on the players . 
unfit don’t feel right don’t look right don’t play. 
Never once in any thing I posted did I say the players should risk their health . 

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Actually I've been fortunate to get my lungs back in order and heart rate return to normal.  Hahahaha but I lost quite a bit of muscle mass and need to hit the gym but I'm not sure of safety of my Trevor Linden membership and safety. Great weather and I'm going to start walking for my skinny legs. The skin actually got a little baggy around my arms and legs. 

Glad to hear you're doing better Hairy.  Sucks that you had a tough bout but you're still here!  Wish you a speedy recovery. Cheers!

• Cheers 1