The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Another idea is to cram the Cdn-4 into another EDM bubble, for PO's.

Then if the Northern Div has fallen behind, compared with the US divisions, they can condense their PO sched. At least with no travel they can likely catch up, & the 3rd rd can start with almost everyone in synch.

Sorry, just wakin' up(& smellin' the java here!), if anyone had already suggested as much. Glad to hear that the 1st game vs EDM got quashed.

3 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source please???

I understood that it was a severe reaction to the AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccines that were causing blood clots in a very very few people. 

I've never heard of Blood Clots caused  by the virus it's self???? but what do i know, nada

IMHO opinion The league and NHLPA should have delayed the Canucks start until players called up from Utica have cleared their 7 day quarantine. 

The Mayo Clinic good enough?

Can COVID-19 cause blood clots or blood vessel problems?

COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuckleheads fan said:
The Mayo Clinic good enough?

Can COVID-19 cause blood clots or blood vessel problems?

COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.

Wow, did not know this at all. thanks

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

So here's what we know at this point:

They'll resume play at some point

The longer that's put off, the crazier the schedule will be

They'll have an extra day (or two) to recover and skate

It's going to be hell to get through the year 

This is the new reality game show:  NHL Survivor

Wake me up when it's over

• Vintage 2

29 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So we would play Sunday, Monday, and only miss one game, but get 2 extra days of rest, recovery, and practice. Well that just makes sense. Seems like a no brainer.

A further delay will mean a more compressed schedule. The no-brainer decision would be to give up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Looking more and more like Lind is going to get to play.  I'm excited to see what he can do!  Who subs for Schmidt out of Breezer, Sautner and Rafferty?  I'm hoping Raffety gets another chance, since he's a righty and Schmidt has been playing the right side.  I think he could be a good one if given a chance, certainly his ceiling is higher than Breezer and Sautner.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A further delay will mean a more compressed schedule. The no-brainer decision would be to give up.

It doesn't seem like that's an option.

At least they are getting it pushed back enough to get a bit more rest and then enter hell stretch.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, apollo said:

" the schedule was put together in consultation with the NHL, the NHLPA and the Canucks. Medical professionals from all three sides were involve"

+ also Dr Bovards interview alongside Jim reiterates how much top end care these guys are getting. If the doctors don't see them fit, they won't play. 

It's pretty simple. Nothing for us to get flustered over and spread toxic energy. 

They are going to be evaluated shortly today too. If there's any health concerns they'll postpone the game. 

This is not a big deal. The Canucks will come out from this. 

I refuse to spread toxicity and anxiety. The doctors are handling it.

Be calm. Be kind. Spread love. 

Exactly this. No reason to act like someone died.

We all have our opinions but Miller is a bit of a drama queen imo. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 5

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Again, I offered up my men's league team, we'd look great stretching out the waistlines of those Canucks jerseys.  Give us orange helmets, and we'd look like the pylons we pretend to be on the ice.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It doesn't seem like that's an option.

At least they are getting it pushed back enough to get a bit more rest and then enter hell stretch.

There shouldn't be an option to choose from. Does the NHL care about the 19 games or the long-term future of the players?

16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Kinda wish they’d just cancel the 4 games versus the Sens, award each team 4/8 points, for the standings, and then reschedule Edmonton and Toronto for the week of April 22-28, when the 4 Sens games are currently scheduled (Oilers have no games April 22-25, and the Leafs don’t play April 25-27).

I think by doing that it takes the Canucks slim chance to make the playoffs and cuts it in half.  For any chance for playoffs we need more than 4 points off the senators.

The players need at least some motivation to do this.