The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

28 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My deep down desire and evil wish is that Gaudette remains stealth contagious, and despite the quarantine he needs to go through in order to join Chicago's team, he gets them all sick as well, and then they get their opponents sick, leading to a major cluster&^@# chain.  That'd learn the league for not shutting things down as they should have this season (long before the bug hit the Canucks, even).

I can't, for a second, wish that on anyone.

We are all Canucks human beings.  I'd rather see everyone healthy in the entire league so, eventually, it'll be business as usual. 

Now Boston (just kidding)

32 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Uggghhh, planned on  finally drinking tomorrow night, even got some practice drinking in last night, this COVID is really messing with my beer consumption.

Just watch baseball or hoops. Don’t worry, beer consumption might even go up. :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If we lost all 19 games, would it even shift the standings? haven't crunched the numbers but I doubt it would even matter to 1-4 in the Canadian division. 

Calgary would overtake Montreal for 4th spot 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If we lost all 19 games, would it even shift the standings? haven't crunched the numbers but I doubt it would even matter to 1-4 in the Canadian division. 

Yes, we would drop to 2nd last in the league. Ottawa is at that point right now and is 3 points behind us. You have to imagine everyone below us will manage to win a game and a half in their last 10 or so games. Only one we ain't falling behind is Buffalo they are way out there.

• Thanks 1

Off-topic. 

Hot weather means nose bleed season for me. I have had an on and off nosebleed since 11am. 

Probably lost 250ml of blood or a bit more. Was a lot in the morning.  A little light headed/woozy but it’s finally reached a halt hopefully. I am a big guy so 250ml is probably less significant for me compared to average male. 

Still ingested a lot of blood after plugging up nose. Stomach not liking it. 

Sensitive nose takes a while to get used to hot/humid weather. Sneezing or blowing can trigger a nosebleed. 

• Huggy Bear 2

15 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Just watch baseball or hoops. Don’t worry, beer consumption might even go up. :P

44 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

If you really want to drink just watch a leafs game and listen to how the "great" Austin Matthews in the like Superman, Abe Lincoln and Moses reincarnated into one ultra being.

That would be enough to do it for me. Mind you I would just change the channel first.

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In related news, I hear John Garrett is still putting ketchup on his poutine.

You guys just don’t understand a tradition that dates back to the very first Canucks game ever, drank that night and been drinking every game night since. On top of that back in ‘94 when I got married added another tradition, sympathy sex whenever we lose. After 27 years of marriage my game night tradition is all I got left.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We would finish last in nhl win the draft lotto and draft a super star.

One thing i can't understand is how did JB agree to the original schedule for fist 2 games. 

7 pm Van time vs Edmonton Friday then 4pm Van time Saturday vs TML

Did he just say yes sir to everything Daly told him to do..

Atleast try have both games played in Vancouver with minimum 24 hrs time difference.

I'm not a fire JB guy. I'd like to see him here for 2 more years.

But C'mon man..

• Vintage 1