Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

One thing i can't understand is how did JB agree to the original schedule for fist 2 games. 

 

7 pm Van time vs Edmonton Friday then 4pm Van time Saturday vs TML

 

Did he just say yes sir to everything Daly told him to do..

 

Atleast try have both games played in Vancouver with minimum 24 hrs time difference.

 

I'm not a fire JB guy. I'd like to see him here for 2 more years.

 

But C'mon man..

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

 

 

You guys just don’t understand a tradition that dates back to the very first Canucks game ever, drank that night and been drinking every game night since. On top of that back in ‘94 when I got married added another tradition, sympathy sex whenever we lose. After 27 years of marriage my game night tradition is all I got left.

Dude i got married during the 94 run as well and i feel your pain, must be true love if shes still with me.......lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

One thing i can't understand is how did JB agree to the original schedule for fist 2 games. 

 

7 pm Van time vs Edmonton Friday then 4pm Van time Saturday vs TML

 

Did he just say yes sir to everything Daly told him to do..

 

Atleast try have both games played in Vancouver with minimum 24 hrs time difference.

 

I'm not a fire JB guy. I'd like to see him here for 2 more years.

 

But C'mon man..

Sekeres said that JB and Aqua were on the league's side here and that the players weren't too pleased about it

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Geez Heff we don't want to destroy the kids ego. 

Fair, just want to see him get into some games at any level this year.  He played behind a pretty brutal defense group at the WJHC, with Bouchard disgracing his country with his atrocious play in his own zone, and DiPietro bailed out the guys pretty good there despite getting shelled.  He's a pretty tough kid.

Edited by King Heffy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fair, just want to see him get into some games at any level this year.  He played behind a pretty brutal defense group at the WJHC, with Bouchard disgracing his country with his atrocious play in his own zone, and DiPietro bailed out the guys pretty good there despite getting shelled.  He's a pretty tough kid.

That's true, I'd like to see that as well. Just not ALL the games. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeNiro said:

Lets not give any credibility to Sekeras.

 

I know everyone wants to jump on Benning but Sekeras has zero sources and is just making noise to stay relevant.

I got the impression that he was trying to exaggerate things and make it seem like the team could fall apart, but that rumor has been flying around everywhere, and it makes sense given what has and has not been said by the higher-ups. JT certainly wouldn't have had to speak up if there was more leadership from above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grape said:

Sekeres said that JB and Aqua were on the league's side here and that the players weren't too pleased about it

I beleive 'nothing' Sekeres says. He's a liar.. straight up..

 

I've said that many many times on this forum for many many years.

 

On his show he routinely made up sources. If he was in disagreement with Blake or another person he always said well i talked to one scout he said such and such.. or i talked to an agent he said such and such... you can clearly tell he just lied..

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grape said:

I got the impression that he was trying to exaggerate things and make it seem like the team could fall apart, but that rumor has been flying around everywhere, and it makes sense given what has and has not been said by the higher-ups. JT certainly wouldn't have had to speak up if there was more leadership from above.

He’s obviously just speculating like everyone else. Doesn’t mean he isn’t pulling things out of his a$&.

 

For all we know Benning was already working behind the scenes to get the schedule changed. Tougher for him to go public than Miller because management would almost certainly be reprimanded.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We would finish last in nhl win the draft lotto and draft a super star.

Even if we weren't dead last, we'd still have a pretty decent pick if we lost them all. Hughes, anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites

650 reporting Canucks medical staff did not clear enough players for Canicks to be able to play a game tomorrow..

 

They're saying EDM game would have been cancelled tommorow even if Miller didnt speak up yesterday. Because not enough players cleared by doctors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dear Sekeras,

  That is not blowing your stack.

 

THIS is blowing your stack.

 

 

I tottaly remember this from a few yrs ago..

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so your move would be to have Benning call out the NHL exec in the media. Smooth. 

 

You have no idea what Benning has said to his players. We do know that the Canucks re-tweeted Millers press conference, causing a media stir. That should tell you something. 

 

It’s good that miller is doing the job of the manager I guess. 
Brian  Burke Pat Quinn wouldn’t allow the players to have to there job. They didn’t  havent any problem expressing to the media as they did so many times.could be why they were so respected.


I do love that 2000 dollars was raised for a fire Benning airplane banner.lol. 

Old Jimmies lucky there’s no fans at the games.I can hear the chants now. 

Canucks fan’s GoFundMe raises over $2000 for ‘Fire Benning’ airplane banner.

 

 

 

 


 

  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I beleive 'nothing' Sekeres says. He's a liar.. straight up..

 

I've said that many many times on this forum for many many years.

 

On his show he routinely made up sources. If he was in disagreement with Blake or another person he always said well i talked to one scout he said such and such.. or i talked to an agent he said such and such... you can clearly tell he just lied..

I’ve never followed him much, but checked out the Sekeres and Price podcast the other night (couldn’t sleep so wanted to listen to something) and had to turn it off, just because of the number of lies and disinformation they were spewing about the team, Covid, the Gaudettes, and all the rest of the stuff that’s been dominating the market lately. Just making claim after claim that I knew to be false, but they were passing off as “insider” information. Couldn’t stomach it for more than a few minutes. Was probably the lowest low I’ve seen/heard from hockey media in this city, and that’s really saying something.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’ve never followed him much, but checked out the Sekeres and Price podcast the other night (couldn’t sleep so wanted to listen to something) and had to turn it off, just because of the number of lies and disinformation they were spewing about the team, Covid, the Gaudettes, and all the rest of the stuff that’s been dominating the market lately. Just making claim after claim that I knew to be false, but they were passing off as “insider” information. Couldn’t stomach it for more than a few minutes. Was probably the lowest low I’ve seen/heard from hockey media in this city, and that’s really saying something.

Ya man... i know all about him... At work i had radio on 12+ hrs per day for many many years... 6am to 6 pm or longer...

 

Im not a music guy.. only sports so id be on 650 1040 and 1410 all day..

 

Sekeras is a clown. I still listened to him but I'd get annoyed and switch over.. but like a crack addict id switch back after few mins depending on what other guys were talking about...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You guy listening to 650??? 

 

This is hilarious...

Huge scandal about the password show...

 

Lol hahaha

Probably more entertaining then password itself. 

  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...