The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

Dude i got married during the 94 run as well and i feel your pain, must be true love if shes still with me.......lol

Was gonna name my kid stanley if they won even if my kid was a girl lol

Better off just calling it a season for the 'nucks.  Why risk injury when we aren't making the playoffs.  I get the whole fairness thing but really the cup aint going to be decided on whether the canucks play 56 games or not.  I get there are draft ramifications, contracts to be paid and tv contracts to abide by but there's probably a way to figure that out.

Edited by amplified0ne
59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It was more effective to have it come from a player than management.   The players are the ones going through this - they're the ones who have to play.  They have a union supporting them.  We don't have to make everything dramatic and an issue...we get enough of that from outside the league without creating a bunch of it in house.

I know people aren't on board with Benning and/or Green and that's totally fine - everyone's opinions are valid.  But my God, every single thing isn't their "fault".

Ok then. Its Aquas fault. He should have stuck up for his team..

Especially playing back to back. 1st game at 7pm and then 2nd game at 4pm next day. Not even 24hrs rest after all this... just to please Toronto.

36 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Better off just calling it a season for the 'nucks.  Why risk injury when we aren't making the playoffs.  I get the whole fairness thing but really the cup aint going to be decided on whether the canucks play 56 games or not.  I get there are draft ramifications, contracts to be paid and tv contracts to abide by but there's probably a way to figure that out.

Winning percentage works for me.

Tv contracts? Well, sorry about the pandemic, lots of people had to change their plans or bite the bullet and lose money. Maybe cancel their executives huge bonuses, who cares.

8 hours ago, BPA said:

Google Nick Cordero.

He had blood clots in his leg. Treated with blood thinners but that ended up causing internal bleeding. Had to amputate his leg.  And even then he died due to Covid-19.   This was before vaccines were available. 

I totally agree with postponing these games. But let's not buy the hype too hard - your chances of developing blood clots are less likely than you being killed in a vehicle accident.

Chill.

• Vintage 1
16 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Winning percentage works for me.

Tv contracts? Well, sorry about the pandemic, lots of people had to change their plans or bite the bullet and lose money. Maybe cancel their executives huge bonuses, who cares.

Let the kids get some nhl games in and experience for next year. This team is going to have more kids in lineup and on D again next year. They're not going to be very good again. 

I dont mind losing and increase our chances of getting a top 3 pick. 

Kids need experience. Lind OJ plus few more. Id rather see how they look so team can prepare for next year.

• Hydration 3
15 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I totally agree with postponing these games. But let's not buy the hype too hard - your chances of developing blood clots are less likely than you being killed in a vehicle accident.

Chill.

I know the chances of blood clots are slim.  The person I quoted wanted source of blood clots because he/she didn't hear of it before.  So I just provided the info he/she requested.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, BPA said:

Google Nick Cordero.

He had blood clots in his leg. Treated with blood thinners but that ended up causing internal bleeding. Had to amputate his leg.  And even then he died due to Covid-19.   This was before vaccines were available. 

These guys get daily physicals and best medicare in the entire world..

They wont be playing unless doctors and cardiologists approve them. 

9 hours ago, combover said:

Hilarious.

Vancouver should change their names the the Vancouver victims.

always whining crying everyone and everything is out to get just us and only us. 

The Boo who, woh -as-me mentality of some of the fans and the management.

Other team had similar situation Dal NJD 

where is  the endless crying.

Management has choices and  they knew 7 days ago we’d be in this situation so who’d they call up?how’d they prepare? 
Management DOESNT have to play any player they see unfit regardless. 
coaches have control over ice time.

is winning 5 games in a season that’s already a loss more important than a players long term health.  

but hey keep playing the victim it’s been working out so well. 

The Canucks were the worst team hit in the NHL. Maybe even of all pro sports teams.  We even made the Washington Post,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/10/vancouver-canucks-coronavirus-outbreak/

So no, other teams did not have similar situations.  Add to that the fact we had already played a gruelling schedule to start the season and were expecting the schedule to even out. Now we are asked to compress the tail end as well, while dealing with the rust, and covid too?

Just more Canuck Luck. #TANS  There's always next season.

• Hydration 2
10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Let the kids get some nhl games in and experience for next year. This team is going to have more kids in lineup and on D again next year. They're not going to be very good again. 

I dont mind losing and increase our chances of getting a top 3 pick. 

Kids need experience. Lind OJ plus few more. Id rather see how they look so team can prepare for next year.

Sure, but normally that happens in preseason, which we also barely had.

Throwing a bunch of minor leaguers in to play with rusty/recovering NHL players... against fully healthy and rolling teams fighting for the playoffs really isn't a great way to test them. Its a great way to see them get crushed by the best players in the world on the hardest schedule any teams seen in the modern era.

You're right about one thing though, we would get a higher draft pick.

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

well they postponed again, so the players ect arent doing well enough.

• Hydration 2
34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They do, but, if the lungs, or mind ain't cooperating, this isn't happening. Whining? I've seen you say. This, my friend is real, and how this virus affects people differently, is going to come to the true test, when this team is finished their two day training camp.

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Davathor said:

Sure, but normally that happens in preseason, which we also barely had.

Throwing a bunch of minor leaguers in to play with rusty/recovering NHL players... against fully healthy and rolling teams fighting for the playoffs really isn't a great way to test them. Its a great way to see them get crushed by the best players in the world on the hardest schedule any teams seen in the modern era.

You're right about one thing though, we would get a higher draft pick.

Combining that with the most brutal schedule in the history of the sport and it's a recipe for disaster.  The team needs to take a page from the NBA's book and implement load management to try to keep the guys as healthy as possible.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

They do, but, if the lungs, or mind ain't cooperating, this isn't happening. Whining? I've seen you say. This, my friend is real, and how this virus affects people differently, is going to come to the true test, when this team is finished their two day training camp.

No thats not how it works.. they are being tested by doctors and cardiologists. Only the ones that passed all the tests and are healthy practiced.. plus the ones who never caught it..

There are several who have not cleared and have not practiced... 

What do think there just gonna throw them all out there and see what happens? Lol 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic