The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They're not going to all play everyday.. they have guys from minors plus taxi squad guys..

They'll rotate the players in and out to get everybody rest and games off.

Every game a few guys will come out get a night rest and others play. 

26 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Bring up Gadjovic, Lind, Jasek and Rathbone. Baertschi if need-be too. We've got a whole taxi squad to use as well. If that's not enough to fill the holes then we really shouldn't be playing at all.

Problem is can we be cap compliant without putting players on ltir? Cause if we do, they can't be played for 10 games. 

In order to pull load management off, we would need the league to grant us emergency exemption to the cap so we can have players on the roaster and rotate into the lineup. 

3 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

@combover they didnt have this variant of covid its alot worse also just an overall dumb thought process of the matter.

It's not even that, it's the fact that almost our entire team was sick.  With the other teams they only had a handful of guys, right?  

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's not even that, it's the fact that almost our entire team was sick.  With the other teams they only had a handful of guys, right?  

dallas was pretty bad during the first part of the year but that wasnt the brazil strain but the canucks are by far the most effected by it so far, hopefully there isnt worse breakouts.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lets not give any credibility to Sekeras.

I know everyone wants to jump on Benning but Sekeras has zero sources and is just making noise to stay relevant.

Sekeras is hot garbage. Friends don’t let friends quote Sekeras. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, combover said:

It’s good that miller is doing the job of the manager I guess. 
Brian  Burke Pat Quinn wouldn’t allow the players to have to there job. They didn’t  havent any problem expressing to the media as they did so many times.could be why they were so respected.

I do love that 2000 dollars was raised for a fire Benning airplane banner.lol. 

Old Jimmies lucky there’s no fans at the games.I can hear the chants now. 

Canucks fan’s GoFundMe raises over $2000 for ‘Fire Benning’ airplane banner.

Awesome

1935EA58-6C91-4020-ACF8-666786AB3BD7.jpeg

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, combover said:

Is that the same as fake news. 

more and more “fake fans” feel like this. 
Benning supporters  are minority and for good reason. 
You call them fake I call the passionate. They care enough about the team to do this.

faje fans would just wait till he’s gone and we start building a winner 

I call them stupid and arrogant. Its a bad take and a bad look on the city and the fanbase. 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

They're not going to all play everyday.. they have guys from minors plus taxi squad guys..

They'll rotate the players in and out to get everybody rest and games off.

Every game a few guys will come out get a night rest and others play. 

So now you're saying, they're going to sit any of Miller, Bo, Boeser, EP, Motte, Sutter, Edler Hughes, Schmitt (when ready) Myers, Pearson? None of those guys would volunteer to come out of the roster and you know it. This is why 19 games in 29 days is absolutely absurd. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I call them stupid and arrogant. Its a bad take and a bad look on the city and the fanbase. 

I think forums are a draw for some who have psycho problems and get some kind of pleasure from conflict/contrariness. 

I kind of agree with WHL who has confidence that the players will be screened well enough that risks will be minimalized. That said if their is any question about how that is determined then the Players Association should be involved and outside experts consulted. Ultimately this is an individual decision by players and if they decide to sit out then that is the way it is. I do wonder if the varient, no matter which one, full impact has been worked into the NHL protocalls? 

Playing back to back and starting the 2nd game to conform to TO time slots is unbelievable. Total ignorance to what is going on here.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think forums are a draw for some who have psycho problems and get some kind of pleasure from conflict/contrariness. 

I kind of agree with WHL who has confidence that the players will be screened well enough that risks will be minimalized. That said if their is any question about how that is determined then the Players Association should be involved and outside experts consulted. Ultimately this is an individual decision by players and if they decide to sit out then that is the way it is. I do wonder if the varient, no matter which one, full impact has been worked into the NHL protocalls? 

Playing back to back and starting the 2nd game to conform to TO time slots is unbelievable. Total ignorance to what is going on here.  

I hope WHL is correct as well. 

As far as the fire Benning plane thing goes, it just rubs me the wrong way. It puts the fan base, most of whom are just passionate people, in a very bad light and doesn't really reflect how most people feel, imo anyway. You know the eastern media will have a field day with it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.

And imagine being a person who's here, doing (and likely loving) their job and then having that happen?  It is NOT representative of everyone and it's more a scream for attention than a voice of the fans.  Classless.

I suspect a lot of the hard core Benning haters are just going to jump ship to Seattle anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2