The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I can hardly wait.  They're likely some of the same ones who wear other team jerseys to our arena.  There's the door....

I like Seattle as a city, its a great place to visit, but when the puck drops...

But I've always been a home town team supporter wherever I've lived. I still have my riders gear and haven't' lived in SK for a very long time :P I've never considered dropping a team because of who the GM was, that just seems really odd to me. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

So now you're saying, they're going to sit any of Miller, Bo, Boeser, EP, Motte, Sutter, Edler Hughes, Schmitt (when ready) Myers, Pearson? None of those guys would volunteer to come out of the roster and you know it. This is why 19 games in 29 days is absolutely absurd. 

That's partially why Miller was pissed. He's ultra competitive and knows this gives them little chance. Fortunately the GM and coach decide who play, not the players. 

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It was more effective to have it come from a player than management.   The players are the ones going through this - they're the ones who have to play.  They have a union supporting them.  We don't have to make everything dramatic and an issue...we get enough of that from outside the league without creating a bunch of it in house.

I know people aren't on board with Benning and/or Green and that's totally fine - everyone's opinions are valid.  But my God, every single thing isn't their "fault".

J.B cures cancer! Poster on CDC "Why hasn't he cured Diabeties?

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I grew up in LA, no ice and never learned to skate. Coach maybe. Lol

Goalies don't have to skate, much.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like Seattle as a city, its a great place to visit, but when the puck drops...

But I've always been a home town team supporter wherever I've lived. I still have my riders gear and haven't' lived in SK for a very long time :P I've never considered dropping a team because of who the GM was, that just seems really odd to me. 

Is it actually tho? I find Seattle is inferior to Vancouver in every sense... I'm putting all my bias aside but I've got 6 or 7 times and never was like wow nice city... Just went cuz we bored and dollar was par back in the day 

Their dt core is terrible in comparison to Vancouver... Everything shuts down earlier and the only option for late night bite is mcdonalds or getting robbed by their addicts on the streets 

Their homeless population and crime is actually one of the few places that is worse than our downtown east side. 

The city itself isnt a great place imo at all. Definitely nice to visit once or twice for 3 days but they have far too little long term entertainment to offer. 

I think they'll be bowing down to the glorious Canucks for years to come :P

In fact there's a major exodus from Seattle's dt core, no one there likes it either 

This is a really informative documentary, Rhode Island sets a terrific example for the rest of US and even Canada to follow... Really sad situation. Wouldn't be caught dead taking my kids to Seattle ever until it's resolved... As for this video yes there are some parallels to what we have on our east side. Hope the NDP and Libs can address it but they aren't no green party. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's partially why Miller was pissed. He's ultra competitive and knows this gives them little chance. Fortunately the GM and coach decide who play, not the players. 

Exactly! Only because they had to, they've got maybe a two or three day practice/training camp. I look forward to those 4 games in 5 night debacles. I'll take "whining" Miller anyday, anytime.

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's not even that, it's the fact that almost our entire team was sick.  With the other teams they only had a handful of guys, right?  

They didn’t say whether it was a variant but NJD and Minnesota had nearly all their team affected.  A player on the Wild said it felt like being run over by a bus. Sounded pretty bad for some with also lost of smell and taste.  It was visible on the ice that things were rough.  They were still missing 9 roster players when they returned to play and had to call up several players from Iowa.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Is it actually tho? I find Seattle is inferior to Vancouver in every sense... I'm putting all my bias aside but I've got 6 or 7 times and never was like wow nice city... Just went cuz we bored and dollar was par back in the day 

Their dt core is terrible in comparison to Vancouver... Everything shuts down earlier and the only option for late night bite is mcdonalds or getting robbed by their addicts on the streets 

Their homeless population and crime is actually one of the few places that is worse than our downtown east side. 

The city itself isnt a great place imo at all. Definitely nice to visit once or twice for 3 days but they have far too little long term entertainment to offer. 

I think they'll be bowing down to the glorious Canucks for years to come :P

In fact there's a major exodus from Seattle's dt core, no one there likes it either 

This is a really informative documentary, Rhode Island sets a terrific example for the rest of US and even Canada to follow... Really sad situation. Wouldn't be caught dead taking my kids to Seattle ever until it's resolved... As for this video yes there are some parallels to what we have on our east side. Hope the NDP and Libs can address it but they aren't no green party. 

I really like Pike Place and their music scene puts us to shame. Seattle and Austin are the 2 US cities i could live in

But id never leave BC now if i can help it.

• Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, Davathor said:

The worst part is Seattle is SJW central. I bet you couldn't walk to the arena without being accosted by fat, pink hair, thick-glasses-wearing Vegans chanting BLM and screaming "fascist" at you for going to a hockey game instead of joining them 

And Vancouver isn't equally nauseatingly SJW infested? C'mon.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While Seattle may have it's issues, to say it's inferior to Vancouver in every way is laughable. Have any major companies had their start in Vancouver outside of Lululemon? Seattle? Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, to name a few small companies that did pretty well. 

Seattle has major sports teams in four major leagues: Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, and Kraken, with an NBA team not far away. Vancouver? Canucks, Whitecaps, and.....Lions...I guess. 

Seattle, from a homegrown musical standpoint: Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix, Heart, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Sir Mix A Lot, and more.

Vancouver, from a musical standpoint: 54-40, Mother Mother, Black Mountain........um........

You see, based on homegrown business, sports teams, and music, Vancouver clearly comes in second. Still though, these two cities have a lot of love for each other. Should make for a great rivalry when the Kraken finally get going. 

so good

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While Seattle may have it's issues, to say it's inferior to Vancouver in every way is laughable. Have any major companies had their start in Vancouver outside of Lululemon? Seattle? Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, to name a few small companies that did pretty well. 

Seattle has major sports teams in four major leagues: Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, and Kraken, with an NBA team not far away. Vancouver? Canucks, Whitecaps, and.....Lions...I guess. 

Seattle, from a homegrown musical standpoint: Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix, Heart, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Sir Mix A Lot, and more.

Vancouver, from a musical standpoint: 54-40, Mother Mother, Black Mountain........um........

You see, based on homegrown business, sports teams, and music, Vancouver clearly comes in second. Still though, these two cities have a lot of love for each other. Should make for a great rivalry when the Kraken finally get going. 

Agree and I don’t live in Van but...

Vancouver has Devin Townsend. A musical genius by all counts. Any rock/metal fans out there check him out!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1