The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Agree and I don’t live in Van but...

Vancouver has Devin Townsend. A musical genius by all counts. Any rock/metal fans out there check him out!

And Joey Keithley. And Salvador Dream, Mystery Machine, Copyright, Three Inches of Blood, and others. Sadly most don’t exist anymore and never got anywhere near the attention they should have had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And Joey Keithley. And Salvador Dream, Mystery Machine, Copyright, Three Inches of Blood, and others. Sadly most don’t exist anymore and never got anywhere near the attention they should have had. 

I’ll have to check out some of those. 3 inches of Blood is a really cool band. Had there own kind of sound too 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

my friend's little brother played three inches of blood for me a decade or so ago and it was literally the worst music I'd ever heard. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Agree and I don’t live in Van but...

Vancouver has Devin Townsend. A musical genius by all counts. Any rock/metal fans out there check him out!

If you want your mind blown, check out this kid's videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MaxOstro/videos

He has the eye of ALL the biggies on him heh. Vai, Malmsteen, etc.

He's absolutely incredible!

Edited by xereau
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

'Stars' are created in boardrooms, not born.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

my friend's little brother played three inches of blood for me a decade or so ago and it was literally the worst music I'd ever heard. 

The whole 'metal' scene is kinda kit and miss, and though I've never been a fan of this style (what I call cookie monster metal), this album right here is a bloody masterpiece!

Originally created as a parody of the genre as part of the cartoon 'Metalocalypse', it's quite honestly the best speed metal / symphonic  metal album I've ever heard.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This pretty well insures the leafs will get Covid, and they pass it on to other teams, ..and we go on to win the Cup .

:ph34r:

It'll be interesting to watch.  I know when I start feeling a little better and think I can start working out again, it's pretty much back to square one after even a mild workout.  And that's a year later.  Oddly enough, I didn't have those issues in the month or two after my infection, just further down the road

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xereau said:

'Stars' are created in boardrooms, not born.

Jimi Hendrix, Chris Cornell, Ann Wilson, and Kurt Cobain weren't generated out of a boardroom. Maybe nowadays, in this vacuous and vapid musical landscape, the majority are, but the folks mentioned did it the right way. Through actual talent and hard work. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, xereau said:

The whole 'metal' scene is kinda kit and miss, and though I've never been a fan of this style (what I call cookie monster metal), this album right here is a bloody masterpiece!

Originally created as a parody of the genre as part of the cartoon 'Metalocalypse', it's quite honestly the best speed metal / symphonic  metal album I've ever heard.

Those Metalocalypse folks also appear in the following video.

• Cheers 1