The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So the absence of mention is automatically a condemnation? 

Pretty much. Why wouldn't Bo just say "management has had our backs" or whatever? It's not hard, he clearly intentionally didn't mention them.

• RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Pretty much. Why wouldn't Bo just say "management has had our backs" or whatever? It's not hard, he clearly intentionally didn't mention them.

or maybe he spaced on the question and gave the wrong canned response. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Management doesn't know how players feel and if they are ready to go, only players can say how they are actually feeling in terms of recovery and preparation.

I would suggest that there was no discussion or even attempted discussion between Miller and Canucks management before this media call the other day, and he just chose (correctly) to let everything show and tell everyone, exactly what he's hearing from the players.

Everything that was setup on return to play timeline, was based on best estimate for when they thought players would be healthy enough to continue, but this is an unprecedented situation where we likely didn't have enough guys who were going to be able to pass a physical assessment yesterday for preparation to play and that there isn't even enough players in the Taxi squad, who could fill in.

I think everyone is reading too much into that fact that it was Miller who came forward on this and no one else on the team or in Management. He was in front of the camera and the microphone and spoke his mind. It is likely that the players have been texting and talking amongst themselves, far more than they have been with Management.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And you know this how? Oh right, you’re assuming this is the case because you have no clue. Maybe tweet about it. 

What do YOU think it means that Horvat (someone who is normally pretty good at giving non-controversial answers) intentionally omitted talking about management? Do you not think it's extremely easy to give a response in support of management?

Or are you naive enough to think it was completely accidental?

Edited by Josepho

5 minutes ago, Josepho said:

What do YOU think it means that Horvat (someone who is normally pretty good at giving non-controversial answers) intentionally omitted talking about management? Do you not think it's extremely easy to give a response in support of management?

Already gave my reasoning to a response to SNuck. 

5 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Or are you naive enough to think it was completely accidental?

I don’t know what’s going on in Bo’s brain and how Covid wreaked havoc on him.  

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Glad they are not risking him. I'd rather he sits the rest of this year and is ready for next season, fully healthy.

This season is pretty much a write off and was when the NHL released our opening schedule for the initial restart.

We will bring him in come playoffs. He will be our secret weapon :ph34r: :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

In your opinion, yes. While I’d love to know what the situation is between players and management, unless we hear something concrete, everything is assumption and speculation. 

In my opinion, guys like Bo probably don’t really want to hear the prying and leading questions from some of the local media, and do their best to quash them by answering them indirectly.

The press in Vancouver tend to be extremely self serving (who am I kidding, most media is) and try to stir up a (expletive deleted)storm to keep a steady amount on traffic to their Twitter handles. 

What do you think does a better job calming the media down?

a) Saying "yes, management has been very good/supportive/etc".

b) Not giving management any credit and essentially refusing to answer what was asked.

1 minute ago, Josepho said:

What do you think does a better job calming the media down?

Why does the media need calming down? That should be the question. They jump on any little tidbit and manipulate it to serve their purpose. 

1 minute ago, Josepho said:

a) Saying "yes, management has been very good/supportive/etc".

b) Not giving management any credit and essentially refusing to answer what was asked.

I have a feeling that even if Bo came out and said the first of the two answers, some would speculate on the tone of his voice, or the look on his face. By the way, I'm not a huge Benning supporter either. Not looking to defend him at all. Just not one for jumping to conclusions without facts.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1