The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

JT up now:

They asked him how ready he feels (as a fortunate member who was not on the protocol list)

He said not ready at all.  Has had a couple of skates to try to get ready.  Legs obviously won't be there.  Can't speak for those who've had COVID...it'll be tough for them.

His main priority has been to stay healthy and keep his family healthy.

Said hopefully once they get going the competitive juices will get flowing again and help carry them.

He said even for him, without covid, his lungs are screaming when he skates...that it's going to be tough going up against two really tough/ready teams on Friday/Saturday.

His reaction to the schedule:  "not ideal but we have a job to do"

Cardiac screening for those coming out of protocol...but even those cleared, does he still worry about them being thrown into this schedule.  "That's all I worry about and it's kind of frustrating.  Number one priority is player's health and it's hard to achieve that".

Just focused on what he can control and, if they are playing Friday, playing a good game for his team.

Risk of long hauling/schedule a concern?   19 games in 31 days, 6 back to backs....should you be playing?.   "A hard question....I don't know.  A lot of moving parts.  It's unfortunate that they're in a scenario like this but it's their job.  Feels like it's a very high hurdle to jump over...reluctant to say much, but hinted that there isn't enough time to prepare for the schedule that's been drawn up".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Jt miller:

"I don't feel ready at all to come back".

Lol

At least he's honest. 

He sounds really defeated and anxious about the whole deal.  Says "it's their job" but clearly isn't happy about them being thrust into this grinder of a schedule.

You can tell he's being careful with his words...he obviously knows the Canucks are not allowed to speak candidly.  He should just hold a white towel up on a hockey stick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Back of the pack, guys trying to get back from COVID....do you even focus on playoffs?

"I'm a very competitive guy but this is about the health and safety of our players and their families/children at this point.  We all want to win, we're all competitive...but circumstances this year (went on to talk about bubble/shutdown right now/etc. "not making excuses") ... to think about the playoffs right now is... frustrating.  Talked about how the priority is on health and safety, not playoffs at this point".  "I'm just showing up...I have a job to do now.  I'll try my best to help the team win the game...that's all I can do".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

IIRC, the government updated it to 1 week quarantine given the NHL is doing consistent, daily testing etc

Right, forgot about that change.

Well then, Lind is good to go.  Hope to see him make his debut on Friday but I also understand the team is overall very apprehensive about returning to play.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller is a welcome change from the canned responses players usually give. His frank honesty is welcome here. The league shows how truly little they care about the players. Daly is an absolute piece of crap.

Agreed, but let's remember, Daly is a puppet for the owners.  Neither he nor Bettman make a move unless the owners want them to.  Still amazes me how the owners can escape any and all accountability by hiding behind these two puppets.

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow, top defensive pairing and two top-six wingers gone.  Considering that we just sent Benn packing, the team will feature all four skaters from the taxi squad.  So Defense will be made up of Hughes, Hamonic, Myers, and rookies OJ, and two of Breezer, Sautner, and Rafferty.  I hope they play lights out, and Rafferty scores a goal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Exactly what I thought as I listened....to have to do your job under adverse conditions that pose a risk to your health?  Hmmmmm.....

I hope that Edmonton is at least a little sympathetic to our situation and go a bit easy on us.

I wouldn’t blame the players if they skated around half speed tomorrow and didn’t even touch the puck. Just make a joke out of the whole laughable situation. 

Demko or Holtby should just step out of the net when a shot is made just to give an F U to the league.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Jt miller:

"I don't feel ready at all to come back".

Lol

At least he's honest. 

This is not OK, if players aren't ready to come back and are forced to play, that's when injuries can happen. I just feel we can't be done with this season quickly enough!!!

• Cheers 3