Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Convincing John said:

The point I’m trying to make here is that we shouldn’t be in this position. Everyone in Canada always has that “we got free healthcare” swagger around Americans, but we are a global joke right now. The Canucks getting wiped out by the virus doesn’t make us look too good. Like I said before, if we weren’t too cool to travel to our normal pacific division teams, the entire team could’ve walked into a vaccination hub and got vaccinated in minutes. This Canadian division hilariously backfired in our faces.  

Nobody in the whole wide world thinks like that. The Canucks have sympathy for that misery from everybody. Get well everbody!

Edited by the harry
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Convincing John said:

And another thing, these guys should be considered essential workers. Cant go to the ski hill, can’t go to the gym, can’t go out to eat, can’t have a funeral, cant have friends over. Can’t go to a movie, cant travel, can’t blow money at the casino. 
 

One of the few things we can do is stay home and watch hockey. They are doing a service to all of us. Vaccinate them god dammit. 

Actors are getting shots on movie sets. I think our players were deserving of equal treatment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No. I have family friend neighbours who work much more essential jobs than being atheletes...  id rather them get it first..

 

Nom starter for me.. wait in line like tje rest of us..

 

My brothers wife works at hospital she got covid becase was waiting in line.. my friends mom works at a hotel she got covid.. 

 

Ppl working at grocery stores gas stations serving 100s of customers per day for minimum wage so we can feed our families..  they should get it 1st..

 

Hockey players can wait their turn.. they dont have to play.. ill watch something else..

Yes they should.  Here in Ontario these are the folks getting hit the hardest, they can't afford sick days because Ford keeps refusing to give them paid days off if they get covid, and it's linked to a lot of excessive transmissions.   They are on the essential workers list because they are essential - feeding us and keeping our gas tanks full.    Now modeling expects 10k new cases a day (already close too 5k) by the end of May, even with locking it all down...but it won't stop factories to continue to outbreak or the supply chain now that the genie is out of the bottle in a bad way with the third wave.     The club got the variant, it's also running through communities here, pretty much everyone knows someone who who knows someone who's died now.    Hockey i miss a ton, and for sure their is a case to just vaccinate these guys for the mental health of the folks like us who love it (lol ..) 

 

  But not before these people.   A lot of criticism already for not bumping them up.   Health care workers are all done, you'd think the food chain, and the most vital thing after that, would be done now that the seniors at highest risk are mostly done too.   But they haven't yet.   The hospitals are loading up with these people right now.   Not the same demographic as before.    We need more vaccines, and Canada needs to create its own infrastructure to make their own too, so next time we won't have to rely on other countries.   Even provinces are unwilling to help each other on this point lol.    And 300$ of groceries now costs $500 as food costs have skyrocketed, both because migrant workers have been hit hard and crops aren't getting planted, and because meat plants have been hit and because wages have gone up to keep workers there.     Ugh.  Rant over but yes i agree, it blows what's happened to our hockey team.  Maybe the government will agree to get them done, but with all considered, it would cause some pr issues for sure. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Convincing John said:

He looks like dog crap. My heart breaks for these guys. Who knows how this virus will manifest down the road. 

I think the most revealing part of the interview was his snide comment towards the speed of the vaccination roll out in Canada. It’s funny how we had to put this Canadian division into place to protect us from the wildly rampant COVID spread in the US. Good job Canada, way to save the day. 

 

Ironically. If we were making normal trips to the US in the pacific division they’d be vaccinated.
 

I am working in west Texas right now. On Wednesday I walked into the Reeves county civic centre which is in the middle of absolutely nowhere and got a Moderna Vaccine without any citizenship or anything. I’m down here on a work visa. I was in and out within 20 mins.

 

We have quite a few American players on our team and they must absolutely livid over this crap. Canada, BC, NHLPA, and the NHL should all be ashamed of themselves. 

 

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I dont know about all that...

 

You can watch a million different things on tv or listen to on radio.. you want every single person on tv or radio to jump the line? 

 

Or just hockey players because you like to watch hockey... 

Thats rediculous

 

Amyways.. almost all of them have had it now. Built up immunity.. only like 1 in tens of millions get it twice..

 

We think one of our friends did but 1st time he was not tested and in south america.. maybe bad food or water...3rd world country...

I looked into it extremely rare...

 

 

6 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You do know all Canadian teams turned down the vaccine due to fallout from US teams getting it right?

 

And no, they are not essential service, for most people they have zero impact on their lives.

 

Id rather they shut down the season then have one person die that could have been saved had they gotten the vaccine.

 

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Lack of access to vaccines is the biggest difference between Canada and the US. Since it’s not produced here we have to fight for every available dose. 
 

Bo did not make any “snide comment” about the speed of the vaccine rollout here. He made reference to the reality of it and pointedly said that there were groups that required vaccination first.

Wow, what a dumb take. No wonder it takes a lot of convincing for me to read your posts. Okay, so you got it all wrong. Like usual. It's a not a snide remark to Canada it's a snide remark to the idiot reporter Karen Larson, who doesn't even understand how vaccine rollout works. She should do her research before asking a stupid question to which Bo informed her that we don't JUMP THE line-up here in Canada. We try to treat everyone equal and WE ALL HAVE TO WAIT OUR TURN! Obviously we don't have as many vaccines here and hockey players are not 50 years old, so none are vaccinated. What a moron!

 

It's at 5:34 if you want to try again.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No. I have family friend neighbours who work much more essential jobs than being atheletes...  id rather them get it first..

 

Nom starter for me.. wait in line like tje rest of us..

 

My brothers wife works at hospital she got covid becase was waiting in line.. my friends mom works at a hotel she got covid.. 

 

Ppl working at grocery stores gas stations serving 100s of customers per day for minimum wage so we can feed our families..  they should get it 1st..

 

Hockey players can wait their turn.. they dont have to play.. ill watch something else..

While I agree wholeheartedly with this, I still can’t get thought out of my head of, how I would have coped without sport in these times. Lock downs, no social gatherings etc. Sport has had a big say, in me being able to get though the emptiness of it all.

But yes I have found it astonishing that not all front like workers have been at the front of the quewe for vaccinations. Especially the police, that has been subjected to all kind of anti social behaviour... but yes, all front line workers. 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Convincing John said:

 

Let’s say +/-100 people per team would need to be vaccinated. That’s not even 1000 shots guys. They are at higher risk due to their proximity to each other. Fallout? Like I said before, I waltzed into the civic centre in the most remote county in Texas and got vaccinated within 10 mins. You don’t even need to be a citizen down here. The only fallout should be towards our failed government. They are vaccinating like 3,000,000 people a day in the US and we are sitting here making a big political song and dance o out 1000 shots to protect all the teams in the Canadian division. It’s not like we are putting black jack dealers ahead of nurses. 

I’m eligible for a shot, applied 3 weeks ago, it said thank you for applying, it may take several months, yesterday I got an update that there is a vaccine shortage and to please be patient.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Again...there's not a whole lot of room for blame or finger pointing in what is such a unique situation.

 

The Gov't roll out hasn't been great but the supplies have been inconsistent as different issues arise and have to be reviewed.

 

The team showed a lot of integrity in not trying to jump the queue to get in before others.  That shows that this "high paid millionaire/elite athlete" mentality is NOT there and they care about their community.  They've always advocated for others and this is a continuation of that.

 

The variant is volatile and people need to get vaccinated as soon as they're eligible to keep this process moving along so everyone DOES eventually get their turn.  But the team did more than most to try to avoid this and that shows how the Average Joe should too.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a blessing for our boys to get some additional rest. 

 

Tbh given we had to start Friday I was thinking there's only 10-20% chance we go on a Cinderella run. 

 

Fully rested up now and getting Petey back pushes my optimism through the roof. There's definitely a higher % now. 

 

What a phenomenal day... 

 

Canonks to the moon. 

 

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes they should.  Here in Ontario these are the folks getting hit the hardest, they can't afford sick days because Ford keeps refusing to give them paid days off if they get covid, and it's linked to a lot of excessive transmissions.   They are on the essential workers list because they are essential - feeding us and keeping our gas tanks full.    Now modeling expects 10k new cases a day (already close too 5k) by the end of May, even with locking it all down...but it won't stop factories to continue to outbreak or the supply chain now that the genie is out of the bottle in a bad way with the third wave.     The club got the variant, it's also running through communities here, pretty much everyone knows someone who who knows someone who's died now.    Hockey i miss a ton, and for sure their is a case to just vaccinate these guys for the mental health of the folks like us who love it (lol ..) 

 

  But not before these people.   A lot of criticism already for not bumping them up.   Health care workers are all done, you'd think the food chain, and the most vital thing after that, would be done now that the seniors at highest risk are mostly done too.   But they haven't yet.   The hospitals are loading up with these people right now.   Not the same demographic as before.    We need more vaccines, and Canada needs to create its own infrastructure to make their own too, so next time we won't have to rely on other countries.   Even provinces are unwilling to help each other on this point lol.    And 300$ of groceries now costs $500 as food costs have skyrocketed, both because migrant workers have been hit hard and crops aren't getting planted, and because meat plants have been hit and because wages have gone up to keep workers there.     Ugh.  Rant over but yes i agree, it blows what's happened to our hockey team.  Maybe the government will agree to get them done, but with all considered, it would cause some pr issues for sure. 

I watched in horror at a cop in Missisagua posing with protesters at a meat head gym, protesting their rights to remain open. The night before a martial arts club in Kelowna doing the same by refusing to comply. The Kelowna club doesn't even have a business license, go figure. My take, the next rollout should be the 20-49 year age group. They want to run wild and free, and by listening to the comments from those two businesses above, its a hoax anyway.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I watched in horror at a cop in Missisagua posing with protesters at a meat head gym, protesting their rights to remain open. The night before a martial arts club in Kelowna doing the same by refusing to comply. The Kelowna club doesn't even have a business license, go figure. My take, the next rollout should be the 20-49 year age group. They want to run wild and free, and by listening to the comments from those two businesses above, its a hoax anyway.

Small comfort the martial arts club will be fined each day it's open by the city for operating without a business licence. That is on top of violation tickets that will be issued.

The police will not be happy, they have better things to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Convincing John said:

The point I’m trying to make here is that we shouldn’t be in this position. Everyone in Canada always has that “we got free healthcare” swagger around Americans, but we are a global joke right now. The Canucks getting wiped out by the virus doesn’t make us look too good. Like I said before, if we weren’t too cool to travel to our normal pacific division teams, the entire team could’ve walked into a vaccination hub and got vaccinated in minutes. This Canadian division hilariously backfired in our faces.  

Move to the States if you're that unhappy. It took a change of President to get the US on track for vaccinations, and stop sweeping Covid under the carpet. 

In addition the US decided to redirect it's vaccination supplies to itself, fortunately other companies are helping Canada pick up the slack. It's pretty obvious that national interests by manufacturing nations are taking priority. Which again leads me to think Canada needs to get into the pharma manufacturing game moving forward. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I watched in horror at a cop in Missisagua posing with protesters at a meat head gym, protesting their rights to remain open. The night before a martial arts club in Kelowna doing the same by refusing to comply. The Kelowna club doesn't even have a business license, go figure. My take, the next rollout should be the 20-49 year age group. They want to run wild and free, and by listening to the comments from those two businesses above, its a hoax anyway.

People that think it’s a hoax won’t get the vaccine anyways.  
 

Not a big fan of this age segregation.  20-39 year olds will tell you that their world has been screwed up in terms of prospects of owning a place, which will last much longer then this pandemic. 

 

Gotta say that this vaccine rollout isn’t looking good on Canada. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

People that think it’s a hoax won’t get the vaccine anyways.  
 

Not a big fan of this age segregation.  20-39 year olds will tell you that their world has been screwed up in terms of prospects of owning a place, which will last much longer then this pandemic. 

 

Gotta say that this vaccine rollout isn’t looking good on Canada. 

Doesn't help when countries and companies change the delivery and priorities. It's sort of like the Titanic. Your odds if you were a woman or child in first class you'd get off.

Some were letting men on lifeboats. But if you were in second class or steerage, or worked as a stoker, good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apollo said:

What a blessing for our boys to get some additional rest. 

 

Tbh given we had to start Friday I was thinking there's only 10-20% chance we go on a Cinderella run. 

 

Fully rested up now and getting Petey back pushes my optimism through the roof. There's definitely a higher % now. 

 

What a phenomenal day... 

 

Canonks to the moon. 

 

 

Where did u hear Peteys comming back?From what I understand quite the opposite is true.

  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Where did u hear Peteys comming back?From what I understand quite the opposite is true.

Yah, I thought I read something about him being potentially done for the season?

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m eligible for a shot, applied 3 weeks ago, it said thank you for applying, it may take several months, yesterday I got an update that there is a vaccine shortage and to please be patient.

I've never heard of that happening.  You must live in a very populated area that has a poor roll-out program. Sucks for you:(

 

I know of many folks (including myself) that registered to be vaccinated online.  These registrations were made throughout April.  Within a few hours they all received confirmation of registration.  Within a week, all of them received appointments to be vaccinated within the following 3 weeks.  Now I know that there is a holdup (starting this week) for the Moderna vaccine, but Phizer has stepped up their production, so I believe the roll-out should continue as planned.

 

On another note, I can't believe people are turning down the Astra-Zeneca vaccine (55-65 age group).  The chance of developing a blood clot is very low.  With a 3rd wave of highly contagious variants coming on like a freight train, the chances that a person  (who hasn't been vaccinated) will get Covid19 is very real.  So...you get the virus, you increase your chance of blood clot X10 AND there's all those other potential health issues may come along, as well a potential hospitalization, trip to the ICU, long term symptoms and death.  It really is a no-brainer...some people are just overwhelmingly stupid.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yah, I thought I read something about him being potentially done for the season?

I thought I read he was re-evaluated and his return to play was pushed back.Hopeing someOne can clarify either way.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is what is his injury? Wrist? Back? Biceps? What worries me is it's severe enough to keep him out for months, but not enough to require surgery?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP
  • -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...