The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe if the media didn’t constantly speculate and create controversy (basically act like professionals) they’d be allowed in.

The player are having a tough enough time recovering, they don’t need the media in there trying to stir the pot for ratings.

I have no sympathy for the media on this. Last thing the guys need is a play by play on their recovery, these are not normal practices whatsoever. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Media would not like me as owner or g.m.

All upset they couldn't watch a couple of practices, as the team recovers from covid, bitch about the cba and media rights. O.K. fine.

From now on the media gets only what they are contractually allowed.

Put an end to free food up in the press box. Open the doors to media exactly at the contractual time, boot them out of the building at the exact contract time.

No more mr nice guy.   

We should take over the team, @gurn. You can be bad cop and I’ll be good cop. ;) 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

We should take over the team, @gurn. You can be bad cop and I’ll be good cop. ;) 

Deal, I'll call Franchesco and see if my Mastercard can cover the upfront costs.

Take over date effective tommorrow, so I can still get down the Sunshine Coast Peninsula, to occupy my new office.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Convincing John said:

I’m going to have to go back to all these posts and put a edit: I was drunk on them. This is like when you have a buddy call you the next morning and tell you all the dumb crap you did the night before when you were drunk and you don’t really want to discuss it. Ya that’s pretty much how I feel today going through my notifications. I actually forgot I even posted anything. To be honest I kinda struggle with the booze. Sorry @Dumb Nuck @Ghostsof1915 @RWMc1 @Gawdzukes @4petesake @WHL rocks and whoever else I forgot. I’m a little embarrassed. 

No problem. I've done that too.  That's huge to come out and admit that. 

Have a great day. :)

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Anyone else get chills from this? From start to finish I've never been so happy to see a Travis interview. 

"We're here to win tomorrow. That's our mindset. That's how our group feels - and I wouldn't want it any other way" 

They aren't throwing in white flags or forfeiting folks... Please my fellow Canuck faithful, stop any thoughts of panic or doubt you have in our team. Believe it or not the world didn't just end and our boys are going to finish this season strong.

Just focus on the positives... Please. We as a fan base can turn the tide. The collective energy we have does affect the universe (its actually scientifically proven if u research it - some smart prof told me

I know it's not %100 guaranteed, but I genuinely believe our boys have a good chance of rallying here and getting us to the dance :towel:

Spread love. Canucks to the moon. Don't be a covidiot - follow all province guidelines.

<3

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Frankly I still have swagger about our health care system over the US.  Why shouldn't we?  We pay half as much, and cover everyone from cradle to grave. But that is another topic altogether. Doesn't have much to do with attracting variants of COVID.

The global joke is our inability to produce our own vaccines, as we used to do, thanks to the Mulroney government and Conservative's who think the answer to everything is to sell off all public owned assets to their private donors, no matter how useful or cost saving to the public, as Connaught Labs was to Canadians. A public institution here since 1914.  There was a time when Canada was a world leader in vaccine development and the WHO even commissioned us to lead world production of the Polio vaccine in the 1950s.  Connaught Labs provided Canadians with vaccines against diphtheria (the original reason for starting up) polio, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, as well as producing Insulin through the last century, with Canadians first in line 

Now we have to beg for other countries leftovers.

And the new variants are mostly the result of people getting virus weary and getting lax.  Especially in the younger demographics where it is rising. And selfish Canadian international vacation travellers bringing it back. 

The US still has well over twice a many deaths per capital @ 1,715.03 per million, to 624.7 per million, as of today, for Canada.  So even with this unfortunate variant surge, and not having access to vaccines early, we are still doing much better than down south.

That damn Harper screwed us again. No home made drugs! Such an obvious need and yet Trudeau in 6 years hasn't corrected the problem? We can grow dope at home so surely we can make our own drugs. The Canadian health care system delivers what care at half the cost. I would challenge whether you have any numbers on what the Canadian system costs?

Enough of that. I have been a big supporter of Utica because of the limited travel which gives more practice time, more workout time. At one time I thought Utica might appeal to unsigned university players and thusly they sign with the Canucks. All this aside the development time line is now at a point where the traffic between the AHL team and the Canucks might be more of a factor. Moving players easily between the two could be more of a priority. 

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

That damn Harper screwed us again. No home made drugs! Such an obvious need and yet Trudeau in 6 years hasn't corrected the problem? We can grow dope at home so surely we can make our own drugs. The Canadian health care system delivers what care at half the cost. I would challenge whether you have any numbers on what the Canadian system costs?

Enough of that. I have been a big supporter of Utica because of the limited travel which gives more practice time, more workout time. At one time I thought Utica might appeal to unsigned university players and thusly they sign with the Canucks. All this aside the development time line is now at a point where the traffic between the AHL team and the Canucks might be more of a factor. Moving players easily between the two could be more of a priority. 

We also import the masks that we make our children wear in school and daycare, what could go wrong when there’s no quality control?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/masks-early-pulmonary-toxicity-quebec-schools-daycares-1.5966387

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1