The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We also import the masks that we make our children wear in school and daycare, what could go wrong when there’s no quality control?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/masks-early-pulmonary-toxicity-quebec-schools-daycares-1.5966387

Its like SARs never happened. A year ago masks were labeled ineffective. Now they want you to where 2 of them. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

have they really been protected from the media? 

tbh I'd like to be able to go to some of these games, could be fun and it would be nice to make use of call ups without the travel delays. Could be a nice boost for a smaller BC city too. 

I guess, although I'd hate to see a WHL team displaced.  Abbotsford makes the most sense.

32 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Looking at some easy money betting against the Canucks the next few weeks....

I think Vegas knows this.  Lots of places aren't even taking bets for this game yet.  But I was able to fine -270 moneyline.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's called COVID...look it up.

that wasn't my question deb. I am asking for a source that would verify that any of the players suffered SERIOUS respiratory issues. Reactions to this flu vary from person to person with the majority exhibiting no or mild symptoms to severe. Listening to Suter it's clear that his experience was not the worst he has ever had (his words). I would expect professional athletes in peak condition to deal with it very well. I would be alarmed and greatly concerned if any of the players suffer serious issues.

• RoughGame 1

26 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

that wasn't my question deb. I am asking for a source that would verify that any of the players suffered SERIOUS respiratory issues. Reactions to this flu vary from person to person with the majority exhibiting no or mild symptoms to severe. Listening to Suter it's clear that his experience was not the worst he has ever had (his words). I would expect professional athletes in peak condition to deal with it very well. I would be alarmed and greatly concerned if any of the players suffer serious issues.

What is YOUR source....you go first.  And I mean, the fact that they're admittedly struggling and not ready to play is a pretty good indicator.  

"You would expect"?   So what are your credentials to make this bold diagnosis?

And I don't know Suter.

10 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

This is the point. You can take all the vitamins and supplements you like. Work out like a fiend. You get hit with Covid, you get hit. The effects vary. Some under 30 have died. 

Some it was bad but they recovered very well. Some had major damage to their lungs. There's not enough research to say when your lungs look like Swiss cheese was that a bad variant, did you have some type of genetic, or environmental factor that made it that bad? This is a messed up virus. With symptoms almost mimicking a stroke (losing sense of taste etc). I just hope medical science keeps working hard against this. I told a good friend of mine who enjoy zombie type shows and movies. It's not something like that's going to be our downfall. It will be pollution, waste, and destruction of environment, and contamination of our food, air and water that will be our downfall. We've been given stewardship of the planet. And we're doing a pretty lousy job. 

said Gaudette, before adding that other players and spouses “feel like they’ve been hit by a truck.”

while others have experienced symptoms ranging from fever, fatigue, and headaches, to more severe symptoms.

The seriousness of Green’s condition was apparent in the medical team he thanked. Carsten is head of respiratory medicine at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Yee is head of thoracic surgery, and surgical director of lung transplantation at Vancouver General Hospital.

Anyone still think COVID-19 isn’t serious?

“I had flu-like symptoms, I wasn't feeling great for four or five days. I thought I was coming out of it, and then it got a lot worse

• Thanks 1