The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Sounds like the players vs management & ownership is a bigger feud than whatever this game is supposed to be lol.

Not a great look for the organization after what Friedman reported.  Then again, when was the last time the Canucks did something that warranted a good look?  The bubble?  Lol

What a difference a decade makes.  This time 10 years ago, we were all united behind the team, believing we could slay Chicago and go all the way.  Now?  Massive portions of fans hate the team and management, players not fond of the management, it's an absolutely mess from top to bottom.

Makes you wonder...

What did he say

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nucklehead said:

what is your source concerning players dealing with any serious respiratory issues please  

Good question:   Well there's this really awful respiratory disease going around called Covid - 19.  Not sure if you've heard of it but it seems to severely attack peoples respiratory tracks that get it.    There's this stuff called "facts" about this disease but I don't really want to bore you with details - so just pretend that its a "Really bad Cold" and that hopefully  ought to be simple enough for you to understand........and lets also pretend what the players have detailed about their illness also doesn't really matter.

See you at the Flat Earth Convention in Area 51 next fall..................

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Although i appreciate your hate for the Leafs, I don’t think that’s the right way to go about it.

Im tired of this covid mess 

Agree - no one should wish this on their worst enemy.   This is REAL SH!T that causes Death and Chronic Injury.   Go ask any of the Canucks players what they think about that.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Doesn't matter who is in. Just if they can play good hockey without problems. 

I think they need to play the way the canes did in zambonigate.

Just grind all game, trap, take few chances and just clog the middle.

Leafs seem to struggle with teams that rely less on talent and more on effort

By the time we meet the Sens for four games we should be feeling more normal and by the end of the 4 games should be pretty close to back to normal and hopefully that month off will turn into a blessing during this hard stretch.

Right we're 12 back with 6 games in had, if we can go 4-2 or split with the leafs and sweep the sens that put 2-4 back with 13 games. The leafs have not played well, no reason we can't split with them.  The 4 against the Sens is no easy sweep but anything less than 6 points is a complete failure, IMO. 

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Victoria please

I'd love for them to end up in Abby.

I see people who base their opinion based on the Heat but who the hell really cared about Calgary's prospects out here?

A team like the Leafs have a huge advantage considering re-calling someone is much quicker plus the added bonus of being able to run with a reduced roster if there are early season cap troubles

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What a difference a decade makes.  This time 10 years ago, we were all united behind the team, believing we could slay Chicago and go all the way.  Now?  Massive portions of fans hate the team and management, players not fond of the management, it's an absolutely mess from top to bottom.

Makes you wonder...

I remember having some serious doubts whether they would ever get past Chicago.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

What did he say

Nothing. Coach never has anything positive to say. Likes to make up propaganda and put on tin foil hat. 

To be fair we haven't played in a while and the propaganda mafia is bored 

All is well in Canucks land. Players, coaches, management and ownership are on the same page. 

The Canucks will be glorious once again. :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I heard Virtanen started the Covid outbreak on the Canucks with his parties by inviting some of the girls from the Canucks ice team.

So Virtanen being one of the last into Covid protocol somehow made everyone sick?

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, mll said:

He heard privately that players are upset and says there are fences that have to be mend.

not really sure what to make of that... but not too surprising that the information flow wasn't great during all this. I'm sure it was frustrating for many of them.