The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Massive portion of the fans hate the team eh?   Your take is bizarre.   Guess you were too busy adding hockey cards to you bike back then to notice "massive portions" of the fan base had to listen to or were debating whether Schneider was the better goalie, or how many times Luongo lamented about his contract (after he picked up his brinks trucks of cash from the first couple of years pay) , Kesler going from a beloved "beast mode" hero, to a whiny little bitch, cancer in the locker room "massive portions going ballistic and pulling hair CDC mode"... MG popping the champagne before we won the series ... and that as another poster pointed out, during the CHI series it was looking like yet another epic Canuck fail was imminent.   Burrows saved that team for even getting the chance to lose to Boston.   Amazing what one goal can do.    It wasn't all that fantastical either, but i do love my team, whether we are winning or losing.   

meh, some people just like to be negative or prefer stats to watching games. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, bree2 said:

its called COVID, not the flu. professional athletes  can get very sick  with it and  some have even suffered with long term effects.  some players around the league have said they are still not back to normal!

A couple players zibs in NYR and Risto in Buffalo said it took them a while to get their legs back, the overwhelming majority felt fine, before after and during.

I would love someone to explain how it's been concluded there are long-, term effects from a virus that's a year-old and most of those rumours were from early on haven't heard any since.

I always thought Covid like Sars was classed in the same category as the flu, nevermind the fact the symptoms are almost identical

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Green gets a built in excuse for losing now and I am certain he and his cult will use it after every loss to come over the next month

who the heck is in this Green cult you speak of? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not really sure what to make of that... but not too surprising that the information flow wasn't great during all this. I'm sure it was frustrating for many of them. 

So was information from Taj and Sekeres wrong were I reported the same thin and got destroyed on here. Saying it’s BS, but when Elliotte reported it on National TV it’s true

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

So was information from Taj and Sekeres wrong were I reported the same thin and got destroyed on here. Saying it’s BS, but when Elliotte reported it on National TV it’s true

no, what you posted was not news, it was an attempt at elevating the drama. Friedman didn't do what "Taj" did, its missing the extra emphasis on fake drama you'll notice. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

It's ALL speculation at this point.  And the team, management and the league will work it out...social media is already trying to do so and it's not their place.  Judge, jury, prosecutors, investigators cops....all rolled into one.

Everyone wants "the breaking story" right now and it's spreading faster than the variant.  I've been guilty of retweeting and sharing some of it too but I feel it's not "helping" our team and is only putting them under a glaring spotlight through it all.  Enough.   Let everyone get through this awful virus and focus on being healthy first and foremost.  Which is what they're trying to do.

The media was great at giving a platform...but they don't have to take it over.  That's their role...let others speak then report on that.  The speculating and "talk" is just to fill air time.  Scandals are good for that.

Elliotte hinted at issues but also acknowledged that "they will have to have conversations" and left it at that.  Others are already having them.

Also:  Sekeres is always wrong.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2