The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

51 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

With so many out I am excited to see how Bowey and Highmore are going to play.

Going to be interesting to see if the players that had covid can keep the pace for the game. Hoping for energy levels to be around that of a back to back but will see. In the infamous Canucks words; It is what it is.

image.png.ad2cfe0d35bca2e112f83f8ce83d4cd9.png

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I mean it should be obvious but who knows. I’m excited man. I have 0 expectations but I’m looking forward to seeing this thing.

Could you imagine if the Vancouver Variants hand the Leafs their forth straight loss. I mean I know we up against a lot here but can you imagine. Be right up there when the Leafs got beat by a Zamboni Driver  

Absolutely. Dare to dream, right? I can imagine the joy on here tonight if that happened, the misery in Mudville after their mighty Casey strikes out would be the icing on the cake.

• Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Who plays then? Benning said Juolevi wasn't playing either. Chatfield? Yikes (I don't mean this as an insult to Jalen, who I've liked a lot this year, but not as a regular)

Teams are only allowed 4 regular recalls after the TDL, emergency recalls are unlimited.  Sautner and Rafferty are up on emergency basis.  They can only draw in if a roster player can’t.  Chatfield is a roster player.

Bowey is in quarantine and was added to the taxi squad.  Rathbone, Juolevi, Lind, Brisebois also on the taxi squad per CapFriendly.  They’ll have to use their regular recalls to bring them up or they can be called up on emergency basis - ie if they fall below 12 Fs or 6 Ds.

Highmore also in quarantine but added to the NHL roster so they won’t need a recall for him.

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

Yea your right.  Still hate these leafs!    You guys have no idea what’s it’s like here in Toronto.    Everyone thinks leafs are incredibly good this year yet no one realizes they are playing against awful teams!  

Oh, you're in the vortex of hate. Sassbs, I feel for you brotha. I remember going to Mick's on 17. Wow ... haterz, and racerz, and hypocrisy.

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh, you're in the vortex of hate. Sassbs, I feel for you brotha. I remember going to Mick's on 17. Wow ... haterz, and racerz, and hypocrisy.

I used to have to travel to Toronto from work every couple months, first time there was during the great garbage strike of 2009, that was the best the city ever smelt.

• Haha 4

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Whew, I was hoping not to see any of your posts today, half expecting to hear the game was canceled. The link usually takes several seconds to load, maybe put “good news” above it next time, you’re driving me to drink.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is the point. You can take all the vitamins and supplements you like. Work out like a fiend. You get hit with Covid, you get hit. The effects vary. Some under 30 have died. 

Some it was bad but they recovered very well. Some had major damage to their lungs. There's not enough research to say when your lungs look like Swiss cheese was that a bad variant, did you have some type of genetic, or environmental factor that made it that bad? This is a messed up virus. With symptoms almost mimicking a stroke (losing sense of taste etc). I just hope medical science keeps working hard against this. I told a good friend of mine who enjoy zombie type shows and movies. It's not something like that's going to be our downfall. It will be pollution, waste, and destruction of environment, and contamination of our food, air and water that will be our downfall. We've been given stewardship of the planet. And we're doing a pretty lousy job. 

THANK YOU for your thoughtful comments Ghost. One thing with the global slow down that has occurred the environment catches a small break to catch its breath perhaps. In the long run mother nature will endure, she has outlasted worse than us. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Whew, I was hoping not to see any of your posts today, half expecting to hear the game was canceled. The link usually takes several seconds to load, maybe put “good news” above it next time, you’re driving me to drink.

You don’t like surprises?

• Vintage 1