The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Hoping Dipietro can get 8-10 games(perhaps) to close out the season - & plays brilliantly.

Poor kid had that 1 overmatched, emergency-game, lousing up his pro numbers. Be nice to see him get that cleaned up.

Recall Jacob Markstrom had a similar issue, before he turned into a money-starter.

12 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hoping Dipietro can get 8-10 games(perhaps) to close out the season - & plays brilliantly.

Poor kid had that 1 overmatched, emergency-game, lousing up his pro numbers. Be nice to see him get that cleaned up.

Recall Jacob Markstrom had a similar issue, before he turned into a money-starter.

Boy that was short lived

12 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Do you really see Green playing him more than half the remaining games?

I’d be surprised if he plays more than one.

The score is not important here. This is an opportunity to see why some of our young guys have, a chance for Holtby to hopefully rebound and most importantly avoid injuries. I don’t care if they win a single game for the rest of the season. After going through everything they have with being sick, having sick family members and likely being no where near 100% it is a lot to ask for a solid performance tonight. Hope is always there, I just don’t want to see anyone get hurt in games that really don’t matter. 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I don’t see that happening at all. Maybe one or 2 closer to the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Hockey Guy on YouTube says Utica has applied for the name "Utica Devils". 

So new location? Can anyone confirm this? 

That’s the rumour. Eliotte mentioned it on HNIC.

Sounds like the Canucks wanna bring their team closer to home.

California would be the best option but they might want them in Abbottsford or even Van.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Do you really see Green playing him more than half the remaining games?

I’d be surprised if he plays more than one.

Well, at this point it's obvious options are being taken outa' the hands of decision-makers.

Feels like just the act of playing itself, is an effort to appease the league, networks, NHLPA & us, unruly, unwashed masses.

Just hoping the boys get through these last 19 games relatively healthy.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the rumour. Eliotte mentioned it on HNIC.

Sounds like the Canucks wanna bring their team closer to home.

California would be the best option but they might want them in Abbottsford or even Van.

Hockey back in the Coliseum? :)