The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

He sounds really defeated and anxious about the whole deal.  Says "it's their job" but clearly isn't happy about them being thrust into this grinder of a schedule.

You can tell he's being careful with his words...he obviously knows the Canucks are not allowed to speak candidly.  He should just hold a white towel up on a hockey stick.

He sounded angry

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Apparently Gaudette's sitting in Chicago too until he's recovered.

Players using inhalers post covid.  This is an ugly virus that is serious, even to young fit athletes.

This is so ridiculous to even think they should play Friday... or Saturday. Forfeit these games and get a few days to try to get in shape.

If Bettman the A-hole will not extend the season for them or take their average winning% for the standings at the end of the season, he has seriously hurt the NHL brand by purposely putting players in danger on Friday.

Absolute BS and would like to know if Toronto would be treated the same way.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

i am so in agreement with JT Miller, the guys are really not ready and all this is , is injuries that are going to happen. i don't care that they are great athletes, they have been off too long and the league is only caring about the league not the players, it is disgusting to even think they can play with only one full practice and then a back to back. 

• Like 1

It would take just 1 more positive test from among the 16 skaters on the ice practicing to get another 14 days quarantine postponement and likely the cancellation of the  Canucks season.  Just saying .... (slip the lab a bill?)

• Haha 1

I think they should play all the taxi squad and avoid playing guys back to back as much as possible.  No one will blame them for mailing it in a little in the next week or two to avoid getting injuries that may impact next season.

JT sure sounds pretty defeated/frustrated and that he isn't enjoying playing hockey even before this.

It is going to be weird for the opponents.  They will feel for our team just as fellow players, but also need points.  I don't see any really heated games early on.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I think they should play all the taxi squad and avoid playing guys back to back.  No one will blame them for mailing it in a little in the next week or two to avoid getting injuries that may impact next season.

I wonder if Holtby's turtles can skate?  Would be as fast as Goldobin on the backcheck at least.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

He sounds really defeated and anxious about the whole deal.  Says "it's their job" but clearly isn't happy about them being thrust into this grinder of a schedule.

You can tell he's being careful with his words...he obviously knows the Canucks are not allowed to speak candidly.  He should just hold a white towel up on a hockey stick.

He seems more frustrated/angry than defeated 

This could go either way but I'm gonna guess nothing better than a JT Miller that's upset and has a chip on his shoulder... One of those guys like Kesler that plays better when facing adversity? 

These are proud athletes. I think they'll give it their all. No player is waiving a white flags Deb. Don't worry :)

The only white flags we need are from the *insert pause*... MILLIONS in support of our boys. In fact I'll get my towels out come Friday too! We all should! 

:towel::towel::towel:

Win or lose, this is the best group of young stars we've ever had and this team is going places. As for me, I have faith the boys are gonna rally for us here down the stretch.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1