The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Guillaume Brisebois, Arturs Silvos

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hmmmmmm, Silovs, I guess that means either Holtby or Demko are unlikely to be ready to go on Friday....assuming Friday night is still a thing...

This lineup is going to be interesting for sure. Has the entire team had a team skate yet? Just brutal, indeed.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

This lineup is going to be interesting for sure. Has the entire team had a team skate yet? Just brutal, indeed.

There's a skate/practice scheduled for tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hmmmmmm, Silovs, I guess that means either Holtby or Demko are unlikely to be ready to go on Friday....assuming Friday night is still a thing...

2 hours ago, Provost said:

So presumably one of our two top guys is still likely out and DiPietro will dress as the backup and we need another guy in town in case of injuries.

or Dipietro is out and they are just bring up a third to replace Dipietro

both Demko and Holtby are off the covid list

Nine Canucks players come off the NHL's COVID-19 list | Offside (dailyhive.com)

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

So what if Silvos gets the start, stands on his head, gets a 50+ save shutout and we beat the Coil 1-0 in the shootout?  It would be our luck to see him go on a Binnington type run at the end of the season, and we realize that we're paying the wrong goalie $5 million.  Only that could happen to JB.

Silovs has some pretty incredible raw talent, but we wasn't particularly great in the OHL last year...

I still like him as a goalie prospect, but he's a ways from NHL-ready.

It's gotta be Mikey getting games, we don't want Arturs getting lit-up.

But, as a goalie guy myself, I'll take any chance I can get to see how a goalie looks in our colours.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Likely need to play the entire taxi and some young guys to start and ease the main group back in. 

Probably gonna look like a preseason lineup for 1-2 weeks. 

better not be, a 70% NHLer is way better 100% AHLer

if they feel a little weak they better play these guys would play with far worse injuries, these guys are going to be a bunch a babies over a little covid flu

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Doesn't that mean both are doubtful?  DiPietro gets the start and Silovs backs up?