The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Defensive Coaching ,. Do we upgrade?

Rate this topic

SilentSam

Perhaps the bigger balance of any D core is reflective in its Coaching,.  it’s been some time,. Perhaps 2011 since we had a truly aggressive D system,  physically and “on the puck”

There’s got to be some x players or good coaches gifted with the right stuff..

let’s throw some names around..

Pronger ,  L Robinson, .. Rob Blake.. 

it was Rick Bowness in 2011

like Ian Clarke can make a difference with goaltending.

surely there’s the right dude for D somewhere..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's Seabrook.  We don't have to pay him much. He's still collecting 5M a year.

What about Cull? Seems to me that a lot of our D prospects have developed pretty well playing in Utica.

Serious question, do you really think our defensive problems in our own end are caused by poor coaching from Baumer? I would never try to make a case for him being a good coach but I honestly believe our forwards are just as much at fault in our own end. Our wings, in particular, are very poor positionally in our end and very rarely win board battles to get the puck out. Our whole system in our end needs work and I think that is on all of our coaching staff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Robinson gets my vote, specifically if he wants to be head coach. But sadly, I don't think he likes the pressure. 

Scott Niedermayer as defensive coach. 

Bribe Montreal to get Burrows as assistant to run our power play. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I vote for Blake.

Born winner, knows Pearson.  Knows the physical game. Can coach our young D all aspects of a winning style.

just out of curiosity what is the value of "Knows Pearson"?

11 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

What about Cull? Seems to me that a lot of our D prospects have developed pretty well playing in Utica.

Serious question, do you really think our defensive problems in our own end are caused by poor coaching from Baumer? I would never try to make a case for him being a good coach but I honestly believe our forwards are just as much at fault in our own end. Our wings, in particular, are very poor positionally in our end and very rarely win board battles to get the puck out. Our whole system in our end needs work and I think that is on all of our coaching staff.

Our whole coaching staff is weak.