The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller unsure if safety is priority amid Canucks comeback

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

I wonder if this extra delay happens without Miller making these comments? Probably, but it does help to get the word out, someone has to speak out. I know Pearson said something similar but good on Miller for having our guys' backs. Say what you want about the year he's having but he's a leader for this team, much more vocal than Bo (for better or for worse). I don't think you want your captain coming out with these comments but someone had to.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well the day JT spoke Horvat was cleared and likely wanted to spend time out of the basement and with his young son and wife.  It's likely an emotional time for those who've endured this illness..maybe cut him some slack?

in a forum full of excuses

that Deb 

Is the worst excuse yet

a leader leads when times are tough

not go play with your baby

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, lmm said:

that Deb 

Is the worst excuse yet

The team decides who speaks to the media, at these zoom calls.

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

the captain has been muzzled?

Just where did I say that?

If you pay closer attention to these zoom press conferences you will begin to notice that different players are brought out to talk at different times.

Sharing the misery of dealing with idiotic media.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Just where did I say that?

If you pay closer attention to these zoom press conferences you will begin to notice that different players are brought out to talk at different times.

Sharing the misery of dealing with idiotic media.

idiotic media?

you are blaming idiotic media?

people with something to say, will have their voices heard

but back to your idiotic media comment, I am much more amazed bythe idiotic excuses fans have come up with to support the ongoing mediocre

Deb said Bo couldn't speak because he had to play with his baby

the excuses just keep on rolling in

1 hour ago, lmm said:

that Deb 

Is the worst excuse yet

I would give my life for my kids I would not for any job in this world and I would rather spend my time with them than running back to give my opinion to the public any day and always so if Bo is a devoted father good on him.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

idiotic media?

you are blaming idiotic media?

people with something to say, will have their voices heard

but back to your idiotic media comment, I am much more amazed bythe idiotic excuses fans have come up with to support the ongoing mediocre

Deb said Bo couldn't speak because he had to play with his baby

the excuses just keep on rolling in

Anybody who thinks that a person's priority should be to do a media scrum right after you've had a variant covid run through your system and been removed from your new born son for days has a serious values problem.

It's not about excuses, it's about being a human being and not asking someone who is physically and mentally drained to deal with something that will be mentally draining (yes media is mentally draining)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Drewman said:

Anybody who thinks that a person's priority should be to do a media scrum right after you've had a variant covid run through your system and been removed from your new born son for days has a serious values problem.

It's not about excuses, it's about being a human being and not asking someone who is physically and mentally drained to deal with something that will be mentally draining (yes media is mentally draining)

So let me get this straight, The guy is too warn down to face the media, ( I never said he needed to face the media, I said he should speak out, there is twitter for this kind of thing)

is OK to play hockey today?

that almost makes sense

Absolutely love Miller,  feels like he’s been here for 10 seasons already.

I have much appreciation for his salt in open wounds when it needs it.

Miller is Stan Smyl 3.0 ..   hope to see JT retire here, he has brought the right mix to this group,  hope others learn to get his swagger and call it as it is.

Should be wearing the C+ !

22 hours ago, lmm said:

So let me get this straight, The guy is too warn down to face the media, ( I never said he needed to face the media, I said he should speak out, there is twitter for this kind of thing)

is OK to play hockey today?

that almost makes sense

OK I am going to back track on this, because Bo Horvat is the NHLPA member for the Canucks and after seeing his interview , I think he was going through NHLPA channels.

On a side note, Only Horvat and Ander Lee are captains and NHLPA execs

Any way appologies to Horvat, he was speaking out, just through a different medium

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:33 AM, VegasCanuck said:

Horvat is more representative of our future, but have thought for some time, that Miller should at least have an A on his Jersey. He's a strong leader on the team.

Horvat is a good captain. But if we didn't name a captain last season and were to name one at the start of this season, it will be hard choice between Horvat and Miller.

• Cheers 1

For me, Miller is too emotional to be the captain. At times, this can be an excellent strength and motivator for the team as we saw last year when he willed the Canucks with his effort on many occasions. However, Miller has shown his frustration this year, not only in what he has said to the media, but in his on ice play. And while it can be good to be upset or frustrated, I've seen Miller give up on plays, passes, or even back skating or getting off for a change many times this year, usually after a mistake by himself or his teammate. If this pisses me off as a viewer, you know it affects his teammates, and probably even more so. Bo has a more internal passion, whereas JT's is external. It's good to have both leader types on a team, however, I personally feel Bo is the better overall leader. My 2C...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

For me, Miller is too emotional to be the captain. At times, this can be an excellent strength and motivator for the team as we saw last year when he willed the Canucks with his effort on many occasions. However, Miller has shown his frustration this year, not only in what he has said to the media, but in his on ice play. And while it can be good to be upset or frustrated, I've seen Miller give up on plays, passes, or even back skating or getting off for a change many times this year, usually after a mistake by himself or his teammate. If this pisses me off as a viewer, you know it affects his teammates, and probably even more so. Bo has a more internal passion, whereas JT's is external. It's good to have both leader types on a team, however, I personally feel Bo is the better overall leader. My 2C...

I’m trying to remember this, wasn’t it JT that Demko gave a very loud “WTF dude!” to after a lazy play that resulted in a goal earlier in the year? JT was being criticized heavily here and had his attitude questioned by the media not very long ago. Players were said to be getting irritated by him and by his frustration.

I love the guy and appreciated him speaking up but that isn’t the same thing as saying he should be the captain. A good captain needs to be even-keeled and blow up rarely but effectively. If Bo gets mad his teammates sit up and take notice.

Having said this, JT is still one of the leaders on the team with or without a letter on his jersey.

• Like 1