The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

-DLC-

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

Not as much shame as the Americans should have felt when they watched the Canadians receive gold medals right in front of them.

They'll never say it out loud, but they probably enjoyed that.

Actually, on that note, gotta respect Abby Wambach for this:

Congratulations to and the entire team:) carried this team, and we can’t forget all who have help build this program from the beginning.

is coach of the tourney and year for me! Y’all have earned that GOLD:)  

I want this for .

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Mo Ahmed killed in the final stretch of the 5000m. When everyone else was starting to gas except for the first place guy, he stepped up another notch and went from 5th or 6th to 2nd. I found myself yelling at the TV cheering him on.. in my head.

That was an amazing finish, he moved up 200 meters out, and reeled in the 5th, 4th, 3rd, and second place runners. Awesome run, and pb. Also don't forget his prodigy Knight, I believe he came 7th in the final too. Don't know if it's been posted, but, two Canadian women finished top 15 in the Marathon too. Canadian track has a plan, it might take a few more Olympics but, they have it going in the right direction.

19 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW, I hope Fleming gets a T-Shirt made up with a pic of her gold medal and the caption "IT CAME HOME!", so she can wear it when she goes back to play for Chelsea....B)

I remember some people expressing some doubt about transgender people competing in sports and in particular at the Olympics.

Well I believe that all of Canada should be proud of Quinn who became the first transgender and non binary athlete to win an Olympic medal and it was golden ! 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I remember some people expressing some doubt about transgender people competing in sports and in particular at the Olympics.

Well I believe that all of Canada should be proud of Quinn who became the first transgender and non binary athlete to win an Olympic medal and it was golden !

I agree, although there's a difference between Quinn and some of the other transgender athletes out there. Quinn was born female and probably is more accurately described as non-binary....

Still, as you say, it's a big step.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree, although there's a difference between Quinn and some of the other transgender athletes out there. Quinn was born female and probably is more accurately described as non-binary....

Still, as you say, it's a big step.

So is she a girl who sees herself as a boy?  If so, that’s no advantage.  She’s still a female body competing against other females.  It’s boys who compete against girls that’s not fair.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So is she a girl who sees herself as a boy?  If so, that’s no advantage.  She’s still a female body competing against other females.  It’s boys who compete against girls that’s not fair.  

No. It's a case of not wanting to be seen as either.

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No. It's a case of not wanting to be seen as either.

Regardless of how she sees herself, the point is in sports she’s competing against females.  She is a biological female and has no unfair advantage.  If she sees herself as neither boy nor girl, that’s a personal thing.  

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regardless of how she sees herself, the point is in sports she’s competing against females.  She is a biological female and has no unfair advantage.  If she sees herself as neither boy nor girl, that’s a personal thing.  

yup, they didn't have to come out with that info, but I'm glad they did. People shouldn't have to hide who they are. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1